IMPORTANT NOTE: This addon is no longer available for installation. We suggest using our list of Best Kodi Addons to find a working replacement.
This in-depth report of the Athena Kodi Addon will provide you with everything you need to know about this add-on on Firestick, Fire TV, Android TV Box, or any other device.
Is Athena Kodi safe to use? Is Athena Kodi Addon legal? How do I install Athena Kodi Addon? We will answer those questions and more in this article.
The reason why we ask legal questions is due to the fact that Athena isn’t available in Kodi’s official repository. This is oftentimes a warning sign.
Since this add-on can’t be installed through the official Kodi repository, it must be installed from an external provider which we display in the screenshot guide below.
Athena is a Movie & TV Show addon within the EzzerMac Repository, which contains other popular addons such as Odin and DeathStar.
Athena works fabulously on all devices including the Amazon Firestick 4k, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, NVIDIA Shield, and Android TV Boxes.
For these reasons and more, Athena has been chosen as a Best Kodi Add-On by TROYPOINT.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: TROYPOINT is a tech website that publishes tutorials, news, and reviews. We do not verify if apps, services, or websites hold the proper licensing for media that they deliver. We do not own, operate, or re-sell any streaming site, service, app, or addon. Each person shall be solely responsible for media accessed and we assume that all visitors are complying with the copyright laws set forth within their jurisdiction. Users should be cautious of free streaming applications not available for install through respective app stores such as Amazon App Store and Google Play. If using unverified apps such as these, you should only be streaming or downloading content not protected by copyright such as works in the Public Domain. Referenced applications, addons, services, and streaming sites are not hosted or administered by TROYPOINT.
Table of Contents
- 1 Is Athena Kodi Addon Safe to Use?
- 2 Athena Kodi Addon Installation Process
- 3 Athena Kodi Addon Description & Details
- 4 Is The Athena Kodi Addon Legal?
- 5 Athena Kodi Addon FAQ
- 6 Is the Athena Kodi Add-on legal?
- 7 Should I use a VPN with the Athena Kodi addon?
- 8 Can Athena Kodi addon be installed on firestick?
- 9 What's the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi repository?
- 10 What's the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi build?
Is Athena Kodi Addon Safe to Use?
Before I install this, I first want to scan their repository URL with VirusTotal.
Here is the screenshot of the scan results.
VirusTotal did not find any suspicious files or malware within the Athena repository URL.
However, this does not mean we shouldn’t protect ourselves when streaming content from this unverified 3rd party add-on.
The best way to protect yourself when using Athena Kodi is with IPVanish VPN.
IPVanish will provide you with an anonymous connection while streaming or downloading while using questionable add-ons such as this.
Now, here are the steps we went through to install the Athena Kodi Addon through their repository.
Athena Kodi Addon Installation Process
- Launch Kodi
- Click the settings icon
- Click System
- Hover over Add-ons menu item and turn on Unknown sources if not already on
- Click Yes
- Click back on remote to go back to the System page
- Select File Manager
- Click Add source
- Click <None>
- Type the following URL exactly how it is listed here – http://ezzer-mac.com/repo and click OK
- Highlight the box under the source that you just typed in and enter a name for this media source, type “em” or any other name you would like to identify this source as and click OK
- Click your back button on remote or keyboard until you are back on the System screen
- Choose Add-ons
- Click Install from zip file
- Choose “em” or another name you assigned the media source in the previous step
- Click the zip file URL – repository.EzzerMacsWizard.zip
- Wait for “EzzerMacs Wizard Repository Add-on installed” message to appear
- Click Install From repository
- Choose EzzerMacs Wizard Repository
- Click Video Add-Ons
- Choose Athena
- Click Install
- Kodi will then prompt the message below stating “The following additional add-ons will be installed”, Click OK
- Wait for Athena Add-on installed message to appear
- Return back to the home screen of Kodi and select add-ons
- Choose Video add-ons
- Select Athena
- Installation of the Athena Kodi Addon is now complete!
Athena Kodi Addon Description & Details
Athena features a simple interface that is very to use. There is also a solid variety of Categories to choose from.
Categories include: One Click Play 24/7, One Click Play Docs, One Click Play Kids Zone, Premium Accounts Lounge, Movies, TV Shows, Authorize Accounts, Settings, and more.
As mentioned previously, Athena works especially well with Real-Debrid integrated.
For other great Kodi add-ons like Athena that work great with Real-Debrid, be sure to check out our resource below. We have included Athena to this list.
Another great feature within Athena is Trakt integration. Refer to our guide below for more information on Trakt.
Overall, Athena is an awesome Kodi addon that works fabulously on all devices.
Many cord-cutters jailbreak their Fire TV Sticks & Fire TVs and this is one of the most popular Kodi addons used.
Is The Athena Kodi Addon Legal?
It’s impossible for TROYPOINT to determine whether these unverified addons/apps hold the proper licensing.
If and when an add-on is deemed illegal, we notify our users immediately and update reports on our Website to reflect that information.
At first glance, it would appear that Athena is distributing copyrighted works without consent.
Users can always access titles that are available for free in the public domain.
Works such as this are not protected by copyright laws and may be downloaded, streamed, and shared without any legal ramifications.
In conclusion, the end-user is responsible for all content accessed through add-ons such as the Athena Kodi Addon.
Athena Kodi Addon FAQ
Is the Athena Kodi Add-on legal?
Yes. It is not illegal to install and use this Kodi add-on. However, what you access after you have installed this add-on may be illegal.
Should I use a VPN with the Athena Kodi addon?
A VPN such as IPVanish is always encouraged when installing any 3rd party Kodi addons and repositories. This will ensure your privacy and anonymity when streaming.
Can Athena Kodi addon be installed on firestick?
Yes. Follow the step-by-step instructions above. This tutorial was done using an Amazon Firestick 4K.
What's the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi repository?
A repository is a file that stores numerous Kodi addons and more for installation. Usually you are required to install a repository to install a Kodi addon or build.
What's the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi build?
You can think of a Kodi build as a bundle of the best add-ons, repositories, and a customized skin that you can install with one click.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!