Get 1,000+ Free Secret Apps on Firestick & Android TV/Google TV
This in-depth report of the Umbrella Kodi Addon will provide you with everything you need to know about this add-on on Firestick, Android TV/Google TV, and any Kodi device.
Is Umbrella Kodi Addon safe to use? Is Umbrella Kodi Addon legal? How do I install Umbrella Kodi Addon? We will answer those questions and more in this article.
The reason why we ask legal questions is due to the fact that Umbrella isn’t available in Kodi’s official repository. This is oftentimes a warning sign.
Since this add-on can’t be installed through the official Kodi repository, it must be installed from an external provider which we display in the screenshot guide below.
Umbrella is a powerful Kodi addon that provides tons of content in an easy to use format.
This Kodi add-on features Movies, TV Shows, and other on-demand content across a variety of genres.
It requires the use of a premium unrestricted downloading service such as Real-Debrid which will bring in the highest quality streaming links.
This add-on has a great interface and plays content fast and buffer-free. For these reasons and more, it is considered one of the Best Kodi Addons by TROYPOINT.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Umbrella has recently been updated and no longer has provider packages installed which means we must do so ourselves to find streaming links.
We provide a screenshot guide to install the Umbrella Kodi Addon on any device including Firestick, Fire TV, and Android TV/Google TV.
We also show step-by-step instructions to install the CocoScrapers Module which is a popular content scraper that will pair with real-debrid or other resolver service to find streaming sources.
Make sure to follow the guide step-by-step to ensure you are properly preparing this addon for use!
Below you will find a screenshot guide for installing Umbrella on your Kodi device. We are using a Fire TV Stick 4K Max.
The Firestick is the most popular Kodi device due to its low price and ability to unlock the device.
These same steps also work for those using the Firestick Lite, 3rd Gen Fire TV Stick, Fire TVs, Fire TV Cube, and any Fire TV device.
This process also applies to those using Android devices such as the NVIDIA SHIELD, MECOOL Boxes, Chromecast, Android TV/Google TV, phones, tablets, and more.
Table of Contents
- Is Umbrella Kodi Addon Safe to Use?
- How to Install & Set Up Umbrella Kodi Addon
- Umbrella Kodi Addon Description & Details
- Is Umbrella Kodi Addon Legal?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Is Umbrella Kodi Addon Safe to Use?
Before I install this, I first want to scan their repository URL with VirusTotal.
Here is the screenshot of the scan results.
VirusTotal did not find any suspicious files or malware within the Umbrella repository URL.
However, this does not mean we shouldn’t protect ourselves when streaming content from this unverified 3rd party add-on.
Kodi even alerts us during setup that these 3rd party Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on our device.
The best way to protect yourself when using Umbrella is with IPVanish VPN.
IPVanish will provide you with an anonymous connection while streaming or downloading while using questionable add-ons such as this.
Now, here are the steps we went through to install Umbrella Kodi Addon through their repository.
How to Install & Set Up Umbrella Kodi Addon
Step 1 – Install Umbrella on Kodi
- Launch Kodi.
- Click the settings icon
- Click System.
- Hover over Add-ons menu item and turn on Unknown sources if not already on.
- Read this important Warning prior to proceeding.
Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on your device!
This is why it is so important running the #1 TROYPOINT Ranked VPN if you’re going to use a 3rd party addon such as Umbrella.
A quality VPN won’t allow these 3rd party addons to gain access to your personal data.
- Click back on remote to go back to the System page.
- Select File Manager.
- Click Add source.
- Click <None>.
- Type the following URL exactly how it is listed here – https://umbrellaplug.github.io and click OK.
- Highlight the box under the source that you just typed in and enter a name for this media source.
- Type “umbrella” or any other name you would like to identify this source as and click OK.
- Click the back button on your remote until you are on the System screen. Then click Add-ons.
- Click Install from zip file.
- Select “umbrella” or whatever you named the media source in the previous step.
- Click the zip file URL – repository.umbrella.zip.
- Wait for the “Umbrella Repository Add-on installed” message to appear.
- Next, click Install from repository.
- Choose Umbrella Repository.
- Scroll down and select Video add-ons.
- Choose Umbrella.
- Click Install.
- When prompted, click OK.
- You will then encounter Umbrella Add-on installation complete message.
- If you encounter the Umbrella Changelog, simply click the select button or back button to exit.
Installation is now complete! However, we are not done yet as Umbrella requires an external provider for use.
Follow the instructions below to install and enable CocoScrapers within Umbrella for Movies & TV Shows.
We also provide a step-by-step guide to integrate real-debrid which is needed to stream content.
Step 2 – Install CocoScrapers Module for Umbrella Kodi Addon
The latest update to Umbrella requires the installation and integration of an external scraper.
We show you how to install the CocoScrapers module which works perfectly to provide streaming links within the Umbrella Addon.
1. After installing Umbrella, return to the Kodi settings page and select File Manager.
2. Click Add Source.
3. Click None.
4. Enter the following URL exactly as it is listed here – https://cocojoe2411.github.io/ and click OK.
5. Type coco or other name for the media source and click OK again.
6. Return to the Settings page and click Add-ons.
7. Click install from zip file.
8. Select coco or whatever you named the media source in previous step.
9. Click repository.cocoscrapers.zip.
10. Wait for the CocoScrapers Repository Add-on installed message to appear.
11. Click install from repository.
12. Choose CocoScrapers Repository.
13. Select Program Add-ons.
14. Click CocoScrapers Module.
15. Click Install.
16. You will then see CocoScrapers Module Add-on installed message.
CocoScrapers has now been installed! Continue reading to learn how to add real-debrid and CocoScrapers within Umbrella to provide streaming links.
Step 3 – Set Up CocoScrapers within Umbrella Kodi Addon
After installing CocoScrapers, we can now enable them for use within the Umbrella Addon.
1. Launch Umbrella.
2. Click back to close the Umbrella changelog.
3. From the home screen of Umbrella, select Tools.
4. Click Settings: Providers.
5. Hover over Providers Accounts and click to Enable External Providers.
6. Click External Provider:
7. Choose CocoScrapers Module.
8. You will then encounter cocoscrapers External module set successfully message.
We are not done yet. Continue reading to enable a premium resolver service within Umbrella for the highest-quality streaming links.
Step 4 – Enable Real-Debrid for Umbrella
As noted above, Umbrella does not work without a premium hosting service.
In this guide, we show instructions for enabling real-debrid within Umbrella which is the most popular file hosting service.
1. Return to the home screen of Umbrella and select Tools.
2. Select SETTINGS: Accounts.
3. Hover over Accounts (Debrid) and under Real-Debrid, click Authorization.
4. You are then provided with a real-debrid authorization message. Make note of this code.
5. Visit real-debrid.com/device and enter the code given in the previous step.
6. Return to Umbrella and you will see Real Debrid Authorized message.
7. Click OK.
Umbrella Kodi setup is now complete.
However, you may require an additional step to stream content within Umbrella.
If you are prompted with the following message to install metahandler, click Yes.
Umbrella Kodi Addon Description & Details
Umbrella is a powerful Kodi addon that has an easy-to-use interface and works very well.
There are numerous categories to choose from which currently include the following:
- Search Movies
- Search Shows
- Discover Movies
- Discover TV Shows
- My Movies
- My TV Shows
- YouTube Videos
- Premium Services
- News & Info
The Movies and TV Shows categories work very well and contain some high-quality streaming links.
Oftentimes, these links are provided in high definition including 1080p & 4K and will play entirely buffer-free.
If you are a Trakt user, you can also integrate your account within Umbrella which will keep all your content in sync.
Overall, Umbrella is an awesome, new Kodi addon that works fabulously on all devices including the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k.
Is Umbrella Kodi Addon Legal?
It’s impossible for TROYPOINT to determine whether these unverified addons/apps hold the proper licensing.
If and when an add-on is deemed illegal, we notify our users immediately and update reports on our Website to reflect that information.
At first glance, it would appear that Umbrella is distributing copyrighted works without consent.
Users can always access titles that are available for free in the public domain.
Works such as this are not protected by copyright laws and may be downloaded, streamed, and shared without any legal ramifications.
In conclusion, the end-user is responsible for all content accessed through add-ons such as Umbrella Kodi Addon.
For 100% legal and verified free streaming options, we suggest our list of free movie/TV show apps below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Umbrella Kodi Addon Legal?
Yes. It is not illegal to install and use this Kodi add-on. However, what you access after you have installed this add-on may be illegal.
Should I use a VPN with this Kodi Addon?
A VPN such as IPVanish is always encouraged when installing any 3rd party Kodi addons and repositories. This will ensure your privacy and anonymity when streaming.
Can this Kodi Addon be Installed on Firestick?
Yes. Follow the step-by-step instructions above. This tutorial was done using an Amazon Firestick 4K.
What’s the Difference Between a Kodi Addon and a Kodi Repository?
A repository is a file that stores numerous Kodi addons and more for installation. Usually, you are required to install a repository to install a Kodi addon or build.
What’s the Difference Between a Kodi Addon and a Kodi Build?
You can think of a Kodi build as a bundle of the best add-ons, repositories, and a customized skin that you can install with one click.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, visitors will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our fans. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you! Learn more on my Affiliate Disclaimer page.