This step-by-step tutorial will show you How to Install Kodi on Firestick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube. This process will also work on Fire TV televisions.
Kodi on Firestick or Fire TV will allow you to watch free movies, TV shows, live channels, sports, and more.
Because Kodi is not available in the Amazon App Store, we must side-load it onto our device.
This side-loading process is also called jailbreaking a firestick which will allow you to stream free Movies, TV Shows, Sports, and more.
This page is continually updated and will always provide relevant guides with the most recent stable release of Kodi. As of today, Kodi 19.3 Matrix is the stable version.
I have developed four different guides to install Kodi on Firestick and the Fire TV, which are outlined below.
In my opinion, the first method is the easiest since you don’t need a computer and it takes less than 2 minutes to complete.
The following methods work on all devices; 1st Generation Fire TV, 1st Generation Fire TV Stick, 2nd Generation Fire TV, 2nd Generation Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV 3, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Stick Lite, and Fire TV Televisions.
You will find both a video tutorial and a screenshot guide below.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Install Kodi on Firestick Guide
- 2 Install Kodi on Firestick with Unlinked App Store
- 3 Install Kodi on Fire TV Stick with ES File Explorer
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
How to Install Kodi on Firestick Guide
Note: The current Stable Release is Kodi 19.3 Matrix.
Install Kodi on Firestick – Screenshot Tutorial
1. Install the Downloader app from your respective App Store (Amazon App Store or Google Play) and enable Unknown Sources within the settings of your streaming device.
If you haven’t done this yet please refer to the following screenshot tutorial for step-by-step instructions or watch the video above.
2. Launch Downloader
3. If prompted, click Allow
4. Click OK for developer notes
5. Click OK button on remote to open the keyboard and type in the address for Kodi 19.3 which is troypoint.com/kodistable
If you would like to install Kodi 18.9, you will type in troypoint.com/k18
Click the Go button after typing in the address and Kodi download will begin.
6. Click Install on Kodi setup page
7. Click Done once Kodi has been installed
8. Click Delete to discard the Kodi installation file as this will free up valuable space on your Fire TV Stick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube
9. Click Delete again
10. Return to your device home screen. Launch Kodi and click “Continue” button
11. Click Allow and Kodi will begin to load.
12. You are now presented with Kodi 19.3 Matrix home screen on Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube.
Kodi is now installed!
Now, it’s time to install the best 3rd party Kodi addons that will provide free movies, TV shows, live channels, sports, PPV, and more.
Our Free Supercharge Guide below will teach you how to install the best Kodi addons with the click of a button on your Firestick or Fire TV.
Another well-known method for installing Kodi on Firestick is through the Unlinked app store.
This is a working clone of FileLinked, which was shut down several months ago.
Follow the quick steps below for installing Kodi through the Unlinked app store.
1. Launch the Downloader app and click the search box.
2. Type the following URL exactly as it is listed here – https://unlinked.link and click Go
- This is the official source of Unlinked
3. Scroll down and click Download Android App.
4. Wait for the file to download.
5. Click Install.
6. Click Open or Done.
7. Prior to launching Unlinked, you will need to enable Install Unknown Apps within the developer options.
8. After installing Unlinked click Add under Add a new library.
9. Enter the following code – 12341234.
This is one of the many Best Unlinked Codes.
NOTE: If this code is down, you can also try 51829986 and install Kodi through that code.
10. After the 12341234 store launches, scroll to the right to locate Kodi 19.
11. Select Kodi 19 Matrix 32bit for Amazon Fire TV devices.
12. Click Download.
13. Click Launch.
14. Click Install.
15. That’s it! You have installed Kodi on Firestick using the Unlinked app store.
Continue below to find even more methods for installing Kodi on Firestick/Fire TV.
Install Kodi on Fire TV Stick with ES File Explorer
Important Note: ES File Explorer now charges for their app. Learn how to get the modded free premium app through our ES File Explorer Firestick tutorial.
ES File Explorer is a popular file manager that is used on all types of Android and Streaming devices.
It is an awesome tool for installing and managing apps and is easy to download.
Follow the steps below to Install ES File Explorer and Download Kodi on Firestick/Fire TV:
1 – Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources within Fire TV Settings
2 – Return to home-screen. Search for and Select ES File Explorer
3 – Click Download
4 – Click Open
5 – Click Agree
6 – Scroll down and Select Tools from the left-side Menu
7 – Click Download Manager
8 – Click New
9 – Click line next to Path
10 – Type the following URL exactly as shown here: https://troypoint.com/kodistable and click Next
11 – Type a Name for this Path, enter Kodi and Click Next
12 – Click Download Now
13 – Wait for the file to download
14 – Click Open File
15 – Click Install
16 – Click Install again
17 – Click Done
That’s it! Kodi is now installed on your Fire TV Device. You can also rearrange the location of this app on your home screen if you prefer.
Install Kodi on Firestick with AppStarter
AppStarter is a great tool to install and manage apps. Users can easily use this application to update Kodi when a new version is available without going through the entire installation process again.
Use the steps below to Install Kodi on Firestick with AppStarter:
1 – Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources in Settings
2 – Install Downloader application from the app store and open it
3 – Type https://troypoint.com/as into Downloader URL box to install AppStarter
4 – Click Install
5 – Click Done
6 – Click Delete
7 – Delete again
8 – Launch AppStarter
9 – Hover Over Updates on the left side of the Screen and next to Kodi click Install
10 – Wait for download to finish
11 – Click Install
12 – Click Done
Installation is complete!
The Kodi developers do an outstanding job of updating the application. Learn how to quickly update Kodi on Firestick when a new version is available by clicking the link below.
For 100% legal and verified free streaming options, we suggest our list of free movie/TV show apps.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Install Kodi on Firestick?
You can install Kodi on Firestick using the various methods outlined in this guide. This includes the Downloader app, Unlinked app store, ES File Explorer, Aptoide TV, and more.
How Do You Fix Kodi on Firestick?
Oftentimes a quick reset of the Kodi app will fix any issues you are having. Simply clear the app’s data within the settings on your device.
Can You Jailbreak a Firestick with Kodi?
Installing Kodi or any other app not available in the Amazon App Store can be considered jailbreaking your device. However, there are much more options to get the most out of your device.
How Do You Remove Kodi from Firestick?
To delete any apps on your device, scroll to see all apps and hover over the one you choose to delete. Click the 3 horizontal lines on your remote and choose to uninstall.
Is Kodi on Firestick Legal?
Kodi is 100% legal and available for installation on nearly any device. However, what you access on Kodi may be illegal. Always use a VPN as outlined on this page so you can use your Firestick anonymously.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!