This in-depth report of the Seren Kodi Addon will provide you with everything you need to know about this add-on on Firestick, Fire TV, Android TV Box, or any other device.
Is Seren safe to use? Is Seren Kodi Addon legal? How do I install Seren Kodi Addon? We will answer those questions and more in this article.
The reason why we ask legal questions is due to the fact that Seren isn’t available in Kodi’s official repository. This is oftentimes a warning sign.
Since this add-on can’t be installed through the official Kodi repository, it must be installed from an external provider which we display in the screenshot guide below.
Seren is a video add-on that serves up Movies and TV Shows and is Compatible with Kodi 19 Matrix.
Most people who use Seren have never touched another streaming app or addon, it’s that good. It is currently one of the Best Kodi Addons available.
Seren works differently than other Kodi add-ons and is only available for users with a Real-Debrid or Premiumize account. You can find our Real-Debrid Setup Guide below the installation tutorial.
Note: If you do not have Kodi on your device, you can install the latest release using our guides below:
Below you will find a screenshot guide to install Seren on your Kodi device. We are using an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K.
These same steps also work for those using the Firestick Lite, 3rd Gen Fire TV Stick, Fire TVs, Fire TV Cube, and any Fire TV device.
This process also applies to those using Android devices such as the NVIDIA SHIELD, MECOOL Boxes, Chromecast, Android TV Boxes, phones, tablets, and more.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: TROYPOINT is a tech website that publishes tutorials, news, and reviews. We do not verify if apps, services, or websites hold the proper licensing for media that they deliver. We do not own, operate, or re-sell any streaming site, service, app, or addon. Each person shall be solely responsible for media accessed and we assume that all visitors are complying with the copyright laws set forth within their jurisdiction. Referenced applications, addons, services, and streaming sites are not hosted or administered by TROYPOINT.
Table of Contents
- 1 Is Seren Kodi Addon Safe to Use?
- 2 Seren Kodi Addon Install – Video Tutorial
- 3 Seren Kodi Addon Install – Screenshot Guide
- 4 How To Setup Seren Kodi Addon
- 5 How to Setup Trakt
- 6 Seren Kodi Addon Description & Details
- 7 Is Seren Kodi Kodi Addon Legal?
- 8 Seren Kodi Addon FAQ
Is Seren Kodi Addon Safe to Use?
Before I install this, I first want to scan their repository URL with VirusTotal.
Here is the screenshot of the scan results.
VirusTotal did not find any suspicious files or malware within the Seren repository URL.
However, this does not mean we shouldn’t protect ourselves when streaming content from this unverified 3rd party add-on.
Kodi even alerts us during setup that these 3rd party Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on our device.
The best way to protect yourself when using Seren is with IPVanish VPN.
IPVanish will provide you with an anonymous connection while streaming or downloading while using questionable add-ons such as this.
Now, here are the steps we went through to install the Seren Kodi Addon through their repository.
Seren Kodi Addon Install – Video Tutorial
Seren Kodi Addon Install – Screenshot Guide
- Launch Kodi
- Click the settings icon
- Click System
- Hover over Add-ons menu item and turn on Unknown sources if not already on
- Read this important Warning prior to proceeding.
Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on your device!
This is why it is so important running IPVanish VPN if you’re going to use a 3rd party addon such as Seren.
IPVanish VPN won’t allow these 3rd party addons to gain access to your personal data.
- Click back on remote to go back to the System page
- Select File Manager
- Click Add source
- Click <None>
- Type the following URL – https://nixgates.github.io/packages and click OK
- GitHub is the official website that hosts this repository URL
- Highlight the box under the source that you just typed in and enter a name for this media source, type packages or any other name you would like to identify this source as and click OK again
- Click your back button on remote or keyboard until you are back on the System screen
- Choose Add-ons
- Click Install from zip file
- When prompted with the following message, click Yes
- Choose packages or another name you assigned the media source in the previous step
- Click nixgates.repository.zip
- Wait for Nixgates Repo Add-on installed message to appear
- Click Install From Repository
- Choose Nixgates Repo
- Click Video Add-Ons
- Select Seren
- Click Install
- Kodi will then prompt the message below stating “The following additional add-ons will be installed”, Click OK
- Wait for Seren Add-on installed message to appear and choose No
- Click OK
- Click OK again
Installation is complete. Enjoy!
How To Setup Seren Kodi Addon
Once you have Seren installed, you must follow the instructions below to properly set up the add-on. This will enable the scrapers that serve up the Movies and TV Shows for streaming.
I will also show you how to enable and authorize Real-Debrid or Premiumize which is needed to use the Seren Add-on.
Use the steps below to set up Seren on Kodi.
1. Open the Seren Kodi add-on and Click Tools
2. Choose Open Settings Menu
3. Click the toggle to Enable Real Debrid or if using Premiumize turn that on – you can use both if you have them
4. Click Authorize Real Debrid (if using Premiumize you will need to input API code which is your PIN that you can find in your account)
5. Enter code at the following link: https://real-debrid.com/device
(Reminder: You must make sure your VPN is OFF when authorizing real-debrid, you may turn it back on once paired properly with Seren)
6. After authorizing, Click OK
7. Return to Tools option in Seren and Click Provider Tools
8. Click Manage Provider Packages
9. Choose Install Package
10. Select Web Location
11. Type the following URL exactly as it is listed here: http://bit.ly/a4kScrapers and click OK
12. Click Install
13. Click OK
14. Go back to the page where you can enter the Open Settings Menu option again
15. Under Playback – change to Source Select if you would like to choose the source to play (we recommend this) – then click OK button on right
16. Change Preferred Cloud Location to whichever service you are using or prefer – then click OK button on right
17. Go to Scraping / Minimum Sources and change to 20 to display more sources to choose from
The higher the number you set, the longer it will scrape for sources (I personally set this to 20)
18. When you choose a source, pay attention to the file size for those that are listed – a smaller file size will result in less buffering
That’s it! You can now enjoy this awesome add-on and all the features it provides.
Below are some optional extras for the Seren Kodi Addon.
How to Setup Trakt
1. Go back to the home screen of Seren Kodi and click Tools
2. Click Trakt Sync Tools
3. Choose Yes
4. Go to https://trakt.tv/activate and type in the code that appears on your screen (don’t use code in the example below as it won’t work)
5. Click OK when Seren has successfully paired with Trakt
Seren setup is now complete. Enjoy!
Seren Kodi Addon Description & Details
Once you have set up Seren within Kodi, it is easy to see the differences it has from other add-ons.
Many cord-cutters jailbreak their Fire TV Sticks & Fire TVs and this is one of the most popular Kodi addons used.
Auto-play is turned on as a default but this can be changed if you would like. To do so, open the Settings Menu and change Play Style to Source Select.
To access the full power of Seren, you will also want to authorize a Trakt account.
If you do not have an account, you can register for a free membership using the link below. Trakt allows you to sync all your content across various platforms and devices.
Seren is an awesome Kodi add-on that works great on both Kodi 18 and 17.6. It also works fabulously on all streaming devices including the Amazon Firestick which is the most popular device available.
Is Seren Kodi Kodi Addon Legal?
It’s impossible for TROYPOINT to determine whether these unverified addons/apps hold the proper licensing.
If and when an add-on is deemed illegal, we notify our users immediately and update reports on our Website to reflect that information.
At first glance, it would appear that Seren is distributing copyrighted works without consent.
Users can always access titles that are available for free in the public domain.
Works such as this are not protected by copyright laws and may be downloaded, streamed, and shared without any legal ramifications.
In conclusion, the end-user is responsible for all content accessed through add-ons such as the Seren Kodi Addon.
For 100% legal and verified free streaming options, we suggest our list of free movie/TV show apps below.
Seren Kodi Addon FAQ
Is this Kodi Addon Legal?
Yes. It is not illegal to install and use this Kodi add-on. However, what you access after you have installed this add-on may be illegal.
Should I use a VPN with this Kodi Addon?
A VPN such as IPVanish is always encouraged when installing any 3rd party Kodi addons and repositories. This will ensure your privacy and anonymity when streaming.
Can this Kodi Addon be Installed on Firestick?
Yes. Follow the step-by-step instructions above. This tutorial was done using an Amazon Firestick 4K.
What’s the Difference Between a Kodi Addon and a Kodi Repository?
A repository is a file that stores numerous Kodi addons and more for installation. Usually, you are required to install a repository to install a Kodi addon or build.
What’s the Difference Between a Kodi Addon and a Kodi Build?
You can think of a Kodi build as a bundle of the best add-ons, repositories, and a customized skin that you can install with one click.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!