This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!
The following step-by-step tutorial will show you how to install the Alvin Kodi Addon on Firestick/Fire TV and Android devices.
IMPORTANT: Alvin is now compatible with Kodi 19. If using Kodi 19 the steps outlined below still work on any Kodi device.
It features a similar layout to Exodus and contains plenty of high-quality links. For these reasons and more, it is considered a Best Kodi Addon by TROYPOINT.
For best results, TROYPOINT recommends integrating a Real-Debrid account within Alvin.
This will provide you with tons of high-quality links including torrenting options for buffer-free streaming.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: TROYPOINT does not verify if apps, services, or websites hold the proper licensing for media that they deliver. We do not own, operate, or re-sell any streaming site, service, app, or addon. Each person shall be solely responsible for media accessed and should only contain works not protected by copyright. Referenced applications/addons/services are not hosted or administered by TROYPOINT.
We will provide you with instructions on how to integrate Real-Debrid within this add-on after the installation tutorial.
NOTE: After testing, we found that Alvin does include torrent links when Real-Debrid is integrated. If you decide to use this option, a VPN is needed to ensure your privacy.
Use the steps below to install the Alvin Kodi addon to your Kodi device.
Alvin Kodi Addon Installation Guide
- Launch Kodi
- Click the settings icon
- Click System
- Hover over Add-ons menu item and turn on Unknown sources if not already on
- Click Yes
- Click back on remote to go back to the System page
- Select File Manager
- Click Add source
- Click <None>
- Type the following URL exactly how it is listed here – http://octopus246.esy.es/octopus/ and click OK
- Highlight the box under the source that you just typed in and enter a name for this media source, type “octopus” or any other name you would like to identify this source as and click OK
- Click your back button on remote or keyboard until you are back on the Home screen
- Scroll down and click Add-ons
- Click add-on browser, which is the open box icon on the upper left of your screen
- Scroll down and click Install from zip file
- Click “octopus” or another name you assigned the media source in the previous step
- Click repository.octopus-0.1.51.zip
- Wait for the “Octopus Repository Add-on installed” message to appear
- Select Install from repository
- Click Octopus Repository
- Click Video add-ons
- Choose Alvin
- Click Install
- When prompted with the following message,Click OK
- Click the back button until you return to the home screen, then scroll down and click Add-ons
- Click Video add-ons
- Choose Alvin
- Installation of Alvin is now complete. Enjoy!
How to Integrate Real-Debrid
1. First you must register for a Real-Debrid account if you don’t have one already.
2. Launch the Alvin Kodi Addon.
3. Scroll down and select Tools.
4. Then select ResolveURL Settings.
5. Within the Universal Resolvers menu on the left, scroll down and select (Re)Authorize My Account under Real-Debrid.
6. This screen will appear. Write down the code provided.
7. Open an Internet browser on another device and go to https://real-debrid.com/device.
8. Enter in the provided code from Step 6 and click Continue.
9. Your Real-Debrid application is now approved!
10. Return back to Alvin and select Search.
11. Select whichever option you prefer. For this example we chose Movies.
12. Select New search.
13. Enter in the Movie or TV Show you desire. For this example, we used Night of The Living Dead, which is one of TROYPOINT’s Best Public Domain Movies.
14. Choose the 1968 version of Night of The Living Dead.
15. Notice the Real-Debrid links that appear with the “RD” in the link name.
16. That’s it! You are now able to watch movies and TV shows using Real-Debrid within the Alvin Kodi Add-on.
Alvin Kodi Addon Description & Details
Alvin is a newer fork of the Exodus addon that has a user-friendly interface and works very well, especially for those familiar with Exodus.
The main menu includes Movies, TV Shows, Documentaries, Networks, Boxsets, Tools, and Search.
The Movies and TV Shows categories work well, and most media contain high-quality links.
However, it’s important to point out that Alvin does not provide 1080p links as of this post. The 720 links do work well, but if you want 1080p or 4k you will want to integrate real-debrid.
If you are a Trakt user, you can also integrate your account within Alvin which will keep all your content in sync.
For those wanting to use a Kodi build, check out our updated list of Best Kodi Builds.
Overall, Alvin is a solid Kodi addon that works great on all devices including the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k.
Give this addon a try today!
Don’t Get Clipped!Most cord-cutters use IPVanish VPN and rightfully so.
The free streaming applications, addons, and paid IPTV services are usually hosted on insecure servers.
These shady outfits log everything that you access through their app or service.
Without IPVanish, your IP Address is being logged along with everything that you access through it.
Your IP Address points back to your location and identity which compromises both your privacy and security.
Your current identifying IP Address is 126.96.36.199
When you use IPVanish VPN, your IP address is masked and converted into an anonymous one.
IPVanish VPN will provide you with an anonymous connection to the Internet.
This will prevent your Internet Service Provider, app/addon developers, government agencies, and other 3rd parties from logging what you’re accessing online.
Setting up IPVanish VPN on your streaming device is simple!
Step 1 Register for an IPVanish VPN account by clicking the link below.
This special link provides you with a large discount.
Register for IPVanish Account & Save 74% (EXPIRES SOON)
Step 2 – From the home screen hover over Find.
If you’re using an Android TV Box, you can also find the IPVanish application in Google Play Store.
Step 3 – Scroll down and click Search.
Step 4 – Type in “Ipvanish” and click the first option.
Step 5 – Click the IPVanish VPN app.
Step 6 – Click Download.
Step 7 – Once the IPVanish app installs, click Open.
Step 8 – Enter your IPVanish account information and click Log In.
Step 9 – Click Connect.
Step 10 – Click OK.
Step 11 – That’s it! You have installed IPVanish VPN on your Firestick/Fire TV.
Now, click the home button on your remote and the VPN will continue running in the background.
Congratulations! You are now protected by a VPN which means everything that you stream or access through your Firestick or Android TV Box is hidden from the rest of the world.
If you ever need to stop the VPN service, simply re-launch the application and click the DISCONNECT button.
Alvin Kodi Addon FAQ
Is this Kodi Add-on legal?
Yes. It is not illegal to install and use this Kodi add-on. However, what you access after you have installed this add-on may be illegal. Always use a VPN as outlined on this page so you can use Kodi add-ons anonymously.
Should I use a VPN with this Kodi addon?
A VPN such as IPVanish is always encouraged when installing any 3rd party Kodi addons and repositories. This will ensure your privacy and anonymity when streaming.
Can this Kodi addon be installed on firestick?
Yes. Follow the step-by-step instructions above. This tutorial was done using an Amazon Firestick 4K.
What's the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi repository?
A repository is a file that stores numerous Kodi addons and more for installation. Usually you are required to install a repository to install a Kodi addon or build.
What's the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi build?
You can think of a Kodi build as a bundle of the best add-ons, repositories, and a customized skin that you can install with one click.