This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!
The tutorial below will show you How to Install YouTube Kodi Addon using a step-by-step guide.
YouTube is arguably the most popular streaming service ever created. With millions of movies, shows, music videos, and more, it’s popularity spans the globe.
With the YouTube Kodi add-on, your streaming options will be endless.
If you are a YouTube viewer AND a Kodi user, this is a great way to use this platform within Kodi for all-inclusive streaming.
You can find the YouTube addon and more within our updated list of Best Kodi Addons.
Follow the steps below to install the YouTube add-on on your Kodi device.
Important Note: If you receive a “failed dependency error,” just try installing another add-on within the same repository and it should work. If that doesn’t work, check out the link below for more information.
Although YouTube is one of the most popular online platforms, many users are becoming tired of the ads and censorship.
If you’re tired of the ads then we suggest viewing our list of YouTube Alternatives or ad-free YouTube options below.
How to Install YouTube Kodi Addon Guide
- Launch Kodi
- Scroll to and select the Add-Ons menu item
- Click the small “open box” icon at top left side of page under the “Add-ons heading”
- Click Install From Repository
- By default you are now in the Kodi Add-On Repository. Then select Video add-ons
- Choose YouTube
- Click Install
- Kodi will then prompt the message below stating “The following additional add-ons will be installed”, Click OK
- Wait for YouTube add-on installed message to appear
- Return back to the home screen of Kodi and select add-ons
- Choose Video add-ons
- Select YouTube
- Installation of the YouTube Kodi Addon is now complete!
YouTube Kodi API Setup
Follow the steps below for API Setup to use the YouTube Kodi addon.
Note: I suggest following these steps closely as this is an extensive process.
1. Go to console.developers.google.com and choose Project next to Google API’s in upper left hand corner (mine already has youtube Kodi api)
2. Click New Project
3. Enter a Project Name (We chose Kodi YouTube Addon) and click Create
4. Go to console.developers.google.com/apis/library and select YouTube Data API v3
5. Click Enable
6. Go to console.google.com/apis/credentials and select Create Credentials
7. Choose API Key
8. Copy API Key and paste in Notepad or write down for later
9. Click OAuth Consent Screen on left side menu bar
10. Check external and click Create
11. Name the application YouTube API or other name of your choice and scroll down to click Save
12. Click Credentials on left side menu bar and choose Create Credentials
13. Click OAuth Client ID
14. Choose Other and name application YouTube API or other and click create
15. Copy or write down Client ID and Client Secret to save for later and click ok
16. Launch YouTube Kodi addon and choose settings
17. Hover over API and enteryour saved API Key, API ID, and API Secret and click OK
- Important Note: I suggest triple checking the fields to make sure everything is entered in correctly
18. Return to main menu and click Sign In
19. When prompted with the following message, click OK
20. Write down or remember the authorization code
21. Go to google.com/device to enter code and click Next
22. Click Allow
23. Write down or remember authorization code #2
24. Visit google.com/device and enter your second authorization code. Click Next
25. If you encounter this error, click advanced settings and choose Go To Kodi YouTube (unsafe)
26. Choose Allow
27. You will now be signed into YouTube Kodi Addon!
YouTube Kodi Addon Description
Upon completion of the installation, YouTube will now show up on your Kodi home screen.
With the YouTube app on Kodi, you can access all the content available on the web version. It is compatible with your personal YouTube account as well.
All it takes is a quick login using the “Sign In” Tab in the add-on.
The YouTube add-on consists of only a few Categories. It is a very simple, basic add-on that is perfect for all Kodi users.
The Categories include: Sign In, Popular right now, Search, Completed Live, Upcoming Live, Live, Switch Users, and Settings.
We found that streaming videos on the YouTube add-on is extremely fast and free of buffering.
For other YouTube related tutorials. check out the guides below:
- How to Watch the Best Free Movies on YouTube
- How to Unblock YouTube
- How to Install YouTube on Fire TV or Fire TV Stick
For other streaming options, I suggest viewing our popular lists below.
If you are a YouTube user, give the YouTube Kodi Addon a try today!
Don’t Get Clipped!Most cord-cutters use IPVanish VPN and rightfully so.
The free streaming applications, addons, and paid IPTV services are usually hosted on insecure servers.
These shady outfits log everything that you access through their app or service.
Without IPVanish, your IP Address is being logged along with everything that you access through it.
Your IP Address points back to your location and identity which compromises both your privacy and security.
Your current identifying IP Address is 2a02:1810:c433:1100:8c5d:497e:adb0:5775
When you use IPVanish VPN, your IP address is masked and converted into an anonymous one.
IPVanish VPN will provide you with an anonymous connection to the Internet.
This will prevent your Internet Service Provider, app/addon developers, government agencies, and other 3rd parties from logging what you’re accessing online.
Setting up IPVanish VPN on your streaming device is simple!
Step 1 Register for an IPVanish VPN account by clicking the link below.
This special link provides you with a large discount.
Register for IPVanish Account & Save 74% (EXPIRES SOON)
Step 2 – From the home screen hover over Find.
If you’re using an Android TV Box, you can also find the IPVanish application in Google Play Store.
Step 3 – Scroll down and click Search.
Step 4 – Type in “Ipvanish” and click the first option.
Step 5 – Click the IPVanish VPN app.
Step 6 – Click Download.
Step 7 – Once the IPVanish app installs, click Open.
Step 8 – Enter your IPVanish account information and click Log In.
Step 9 – Click Connect.
Step 10 – Click OK.
Step 11 – That’s it! You have installed IPVanish VPN on your Firestick/Fire TV.
Now, click the home button on your remote and the VPN will continue running in the background.
Congratulations! You are now protected by a VPN which means everything that you stream or access through your Firestick or Android TV Box is hidden from the rest of the world.
If you ever need to stop the VPN service, simply re-launch the application and click the DISCONNECT button.
YouTube Kodi Addon FAQ
Is the YouTube Kodi Add-on legal?
Yes. It is not illegal to install and use this Kodi add-on.
Should I use a VPN with the YouTube Kodi addon?
A VPN such as IPVanish is always encouraged when installing any Kodi addons and repositories. This will ensure your privacy and anonymity when streaming.
Can YouTube Kodi addon be installed on firestick?
Yes. Follow the step-by-step instructions above. This tutorial was done using an Amazon Firestick 4K.
What's the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi repository?
A repository is a file that stores numerous Kodi addons and more for installation. Usually you are required to install a repository to install a Kodi addon or build.
What's the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi build?
You can think of a Kodi build as a bundle of the best add-ons, repositories, and a customized skin that you can install with one click.