This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!
This guide will show you how to Watch YouTube Without Ads on the Firestick, Fire TV, Android devices, and more.
Millions of YouTube users are getting tired of advertisements within the platform, especially around election time.
Although there are several YouTube Alternatives available, watching YouTube without ads is possible by installing an application called Smart YouTube TV.
The following tutorial will show you how to install Smart YouTube TV on the Amazon Firestick 4K.
These same steps also work for those using the Firestick Lite, 3rd Gen Fire TV Stick, Fire TVs, Fire TV Cube, and any Fire TV device.
This process also applies to those using Android devices such as the NVIDIA SHIELD, MECOOL Boxes, Chromecast, Android TV Boxes, phones, tablets, and more.
Note: If using an Android phone or tablet, check out YouTube Vanced. This ad-free YouTube app is optimized for mobile devices.
TROYPOINT TIP: We suggest watching the video below that will show you how to install Smart YouTube TV so you can watch YouTube without ads on any streaming device!
How to Watch YouTube Without Ads – Video Guide
Spinning Circle Error – Restart your device if you get non-stop spinning circle.
Important Note: If you are looking to watch US-based content on YouTube, you must be located in the United States. If you live outside the US, you will want to Unblock YouTube through the use of a VPN.
Using a VPN to “unblock YouTube” will allow you to change IP Addresses to a US server so you can watch YouTube wherever you are!
For more information on “unblocking websites” like YouTube, we suggest viewing our guide below.
Note: Spinning Circle Error – Restart your device if you get non-stop spinning circle.
Use the steps below to install Smart YouTube TV APK on your preferred Streaming Device.
Smart YouTube TV Screenshots
NOTE: All applications in our Rapid App Installer have been scanned by VirusTotal and are completely virus-free.
How to Watch YouTube Without Ads on Firestick/Fire TV Guide
The steps below show how to install Smart YouTube TV on an Amazon Firestick 4K. However, these steps will also work on any Fire TV device.
1. Install the Downloader app from your respective App Store (Amazon App Store or Google Play) and turn on Apps from Unknown sources in the settings of your streaming device.
If you haven’t done this yet please refer to the following screenshot tutorial that demonstrates this simple process.
2. Launch Downloader.
3. Click Allow.
4. Click OK.
5. Place your cursor in the URL box and click the OK button on your remote to open the keyboard.
6. Type the following URL exactly as it is listed here – https://troypoint.com/yt and click Go
- Important Note: this APK file is not hosted by TROYPOINT. This link is pointing to the installation file hosted at smartyoutubetv.github.io.
7. Wait for file to download
8. Click Install
9. Click Done
10. This will return you to the Downloader App. Click Delete (This will remove the installation file for more space on your device)
11. Click Delete again
12. Hold down the home button on your remote then click Apps
13. Hover over Smart YouTube TV and hold down the Options button (three horizontal lines). Then click Move
14. Place Smart YouTube TV wherever you prefer on your list of Apps and Channels
15. When first launching Smart YouTube TV you will receive this message. Click Yes.
16. Sign in with your Google account if you prefer or you can select Skip
17. That’s it! You have successfully installed Smart YouTube TV on your Firestick/Fire TV.
18. You can now enjoy watching YouTube without ads on your Firestick or Fire TV device!
If using an Android TV device, follow the guide below.
Watch YouTube Without Ads on Android TV
In the example below, we are installing Smart YouTube TV on an NVIDIA Shield.
This same process works on any Android TV Box running Android TV OS.
1. From the Main Menu select Google Play Store
2. Within the search box type in “downloader” and click Search
3. Select Downloader by AFTVnews
4. Click Install
5. When Downloader installs, return back to the home screen
6. Once back on the home screen, scroll over and select the favorites icon (plus sign)
7. Click Downloader
8. Place Downloader wherever you prefer on your list of apps
9. When first launching Downloader click Allow
10. Click OK
11. Hover over and click the search box
12. Type the following URL in exactly as it is listed here and click Go – troypoint.com/yt
- Important Note: this APK file is not hosted by TROYPOINT.
13. Wait for the file download to finish
14. Click Install
Note: First you must make sure you have enabled unknown sources for Downloader on your device
15. Click Done
16. This will take you back to Downloader. Click Delete
17. Click Delete Again
18. Return to the home-screen and select the favorites icon (plus sign)
19. Select Smart YouTube TV
20. Hold down the OK button and select Move to place Smart YouTube TV wherever you prefer
21. That’s it! You have successfully installed Smart YouTube TV.
Enjoy watching YouTube without ads on your Android TV device!
Smart YouTube TV Features & Details
Smart YouTube TV features an easy to use interface very similar to the original YouTube layout.
The main categories include Search, Home, News, Music, Gaming, Movies & Shows, Subscriptions, Library, and Settings.
Within the Movies & Shows category, you will find thousands of free movies and tv shows on YouTube. Check out our list below for some Movie suggestions.
TROYPOINT TIP: Keep in mind watching YouTube offers limited content for movies and tv shows. I suggest viewing our popular guides below for alternatives.
For more YouTube-related tutorials, be sure to check out the links below.
- How to Install YouTube App on Firestick
- How to Install YouTube Kodi Addon
- How to Download YouTube Videos for Free
If you are tired of advertisements and want to watch YouTube without ads, give the Smart YouTube TV app a try today!
Warning! Protect Yourself With A VPNMost cord-cutters use a VPN and rightfully so.
The free streaming applications, addons, and paid IPTV services that you use are usually hosted on insecure servers.
Without a VPN, your IP Address is being logged.
Your IP Address points back to your location and identity which compromises both your privacy and security.
Your current identifying IP Address is 220.127.116.11 – When you use a VPN, your real IP address will be converted into an anonymous new one.
A VPN will provide you with an anonymous connection to the Internet.
This will prevent your Internet Service Provider, app/addon developers, government agencies, and any 3rd party from logging what you’re accessing online.
The most popular VPN among cord-cutters is IPVanish due to their blazing fast speeds and zero log policy.
Its important to use a VPN that is fast since we are streaming large HD files. Its also crucial to find one that keeps no logs of what their subscribers access while online.
Setting up IPVanish VPN on your streaming device is simple!
Step 1 Register for an IPVanish VPN account by clicking the link below.
This exclusive link provides you with a hefty discount, only available to TROYPOINT visitors like you.
Register for IPVanish Account & Save 76% (EXPIRES SOON)
Step 2 – Hover over the search icon on your Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube and type in “Ipvanish”
You may also find the IPVanish App in the Google Play Store for those of you who are using Android TV Boxes, phones, and tablets.
Step 3 – Click the IPVanish VPN option that appears.
Step 4 – Click the IPVanish icon under Apps & Games.
Step 5 – Click Download.
Step 6 – Click Open.
Step 7 – Enter your username and password to login. Your username is the email that you used to register for IPVanish service with and your password is automatically generated and emailed to you.
Step 8 – Click Connect button.
Step 9 – Click OK for Connection request if it appears.
Step 10 – You will notice that your IP Address changes along with location of connection. You are now operating anonymously through your device.
Click the Home Button on your remote and the VPN will remain running in the background.
Congratulations! You are now protected by a VPN which means everything that you stream or access through your Firestick or Android TV Box is hidden from the rest of the world.
If you ever need to stop the VPN service, simply re-launch the application and click the DISCONNECT button.
YouTube Without Ads FAQ
Can you watch YouTube without ads?
Yes. By using the Smart YouTube TV app you are able to watch YouTube without ads on any streaming device.
Is Smart YouTube TV legal?
Yes. Smart YouTube TV is legal to install and use. However, some content provided may be illegal. To ensure you are not illegally streaming, make sure to only watch content in the public domain.
Is Smart YouTube TV safe?
Yes. Smart YouTube TV is safe to use and is free of viruses and malware. However since this is a 3rd party application we suggest using a VPN so the app developers can't log what you are watching.
What devices can Smart YouTube TV be installed on?
Smart YouTube TV is available for installation on tons of devices including the Amazon Firestick which is the most popular streaming device available. Users can also download on Android and more.