This tutorial will teach you how to install Exodus on Kodi. Exodus is a 3rd party Kodi addon which means that it is not supported in an way by the developers of Kodi.
Exodus was originally available to download and install through the TV Addons Indigo tool but since they have recently shut down, there hasn’t been an easy way to do this until now.
As of this writing Exodus is still the most popular Kodi addon due to its enormous choice of movies, television shows, kids shows, and documentaries that are available.
The Exodus Kodi Addon provides some nice filtering options which allows you to choose movies and television shows based off the following Genres; Action, Adventure, Animation, Anime, Biography, Comedy, Crime, Documentary, Drama, Family, Fantasy, History, Horror, Music, Musical, Mystery, Romance, Science Fiction, Sport, Thriller, War, and Western.
Some other nice categories exist within Genesis such as Most Popular, Most Voted, Box Office, Oscar Winners, In Theaters, and New Movies.
Keep in mind that many of the movies listed under the In Theaters section within Exodus are low quality or have Chinese subtitles hard-coded into them, which you can’t remove. In my opinion, it is best to view the movies that are currently on Blu-ray or DVD.
There are some excellent 3rd party services and Kodi addons that you can also integrate with Exodus through the Tools section. You can pair your Trakt account with Exodus so you can keep track of what you have watched on all devices where you use Kodi. You can also setup the RealDebrid unrestricted downloader service which will help eliminate buffering from within Exodus.
After you follow the steps below, you will also have the Smash Repo installed which will allow you to install other popular addons as well.
Simply follow the screenshot tutorial below and you will be up and running with Exodus in no time.
Bonus Video included below! After you have installed Exodus, be sure to watch the video at the bottom of the page which will teach you how to autoplay the best Kodi Exodus streams without the requirement to authorize with a code. This is a must for anyone who uses the Exodus Kodi Addon.
How To Install Exodus On Kodi Guide
Suggestion – I suggest that you get my free guide on how to Supercharge Kodi. You will learn how to install the best Kodi addons, including Exodus and many more, with the click of a button. By using my method within the guide, you won’t be required to install each addon one-by-one such as you do within this guide.
Get all of the best addons with one click!
TROYPOINT SUGGESTS THAT YOU USE A VPN SERVICE WHEN USING 3RD PARTY KODI ADDONS SUCH AS EXODUS. A VPN WILL PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY AND MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER & GOVERNMENT TO LOG AND MONITOR WHAT YOU ARE STREAMING OR DOWNLOADING. CLICK HERE FOR TROYPOINT KODI VPN TUTORIALS
Important! If you already have the old Exodus Repository installed, you must delete it. To do that, click the Add-ons menu item, then click My add-ons, click Add-on repository, click the Exodus repository and then click uninstall.
Note: Exodus is not being updated anymore as developer has abandoned the project. I suggest that you install Covenant Kodi Add-on instead as this is the new replacement developed by original Exodus developers.
- Launch Kodi
- Click the settings icon which looks like a gear or cog in top left-hand corner under Kodi logo
- Click System settings
- Hover over Add-ons menu item and turn on Unknown sources if not already on – you will receive a confirmation message where you must click Yes
- Click back on remote to go back to System page
- Click File Manager
- Click Add source
- Click <None>
- Type the following url exactly how it is listed here – http://mediarepos.net/kodistuff and click OK
- Highlight the box under the source that you just typed in and enter a name for this media source, type smash (for smash repo) or any other name you would like to identify this source as and click OK
- Click your back button on remote or keyboard until you are back at the Kodi home screen
- Click Add-ons menu item
- Click the small “open box” icon at top left side of page under the “Add-ons heading”
- Click Install from zip file
- Click smash or other name you assigned the media source in previous step
- Click -SmashRepo.zip
- Wait for Smash Repo enabled message to appear
- Click Install from repository
- Click -SMASH Repo
- Click Video Add-ons
- Click Exodus
- Click Install
- Wait until you see Exodus Add-on installed message. Important – this could take up to a minute so be patient and don’t exit out before it has installed all of the dependent files that come with the Exodus addon.
- Exit to home screen of Kodi and hover over Addons menu item. You will see Exodus listed under the Video Add-ons category. Click Exodus shortcut to launch.
- After you install Exodus on Kodi and launch for the first time, you may notice that the menu items are blank. Simply exit to the home screen of Kodi and restart the application.
- Watch bonus video below and learn how to use Exodus with modified settings!
Suggestion – I strongly suggest that you get my free guide on how to Supercharge Kodi. You will learn how to install the best Kodi addons, including Exodus and many more, with the click of a button. By using my method within the guide, you won’t be required to install each addon one-by-one such as you do within this guide.
Get all of the best addons with one click!
Frequently Asked Question – Is Exodus on Kodi Legal?
The laws vary in each country. As with many types of technology, it all depends on what you are viewing through Kodi addons such as Exodus. There are public domain movies and tv shows that may be accessed through Exodus, so in cases like these, you would never be in violation. There are also movies and television shows that have copyrights that are accessible on Exodus and in many countries, this would be copyright infringement.
It is suggested that you use a VPN whenever using Kodi so you your streaming logs are kept confidential. By connecting to a VPN prior to using Kodi, you will protect your anonymity so your Internet Service Provider will not know what you are accessing through Kodi addons such as Exodus.
Now that you have Exodus installed on Kodi, it is time to optimize it with the video below!
How To Autoplay The Best Kodi Exodus Streams
Note: If you haven’t already installed Exodus on Kodi, use the screenshot tutorial above.