This in-depth report of Dominus Kodi Build will provide you with everything you need to know about this build on Firestick, Fire TV, Android TV Box, or any other device.
Is Dominus safe to use? Is Dominus legal? How do I install Dominus Kodi Build? We will answer those questions and more in this article.
The reason why we ask legal questions is due to the fact that Dominus isn’t available in Kodi’s official repository. This is oftentimes a warning sign.
Since this build can’t be installed through the official Kodi repository, it must be installed from an external provider which we display in the screenshot guide below.
Dominus is a popular Kodi build located in the Cellar Door Repository, which also contains the CellarDoorTV Build.
One of the best parts of the Dominus build is its unique interface with smooth navigation.
You will notice that Dominus has multiple servers to download from. If one server does not work, try another until the build begins to install.
For these reasons and more, we have included Dominus within our Best Kodi Builds list on the TROYPOINT website.
Prior to installing any Kodi Build, we always recommend resetting Kodi to default settings. This can be easily done on any device you have Kodi installed on.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: TROYPOINT is a tech website that publishes tutorials, news, and reviews. We do not verify if apps, services, or websites hold the proper licensing for media that they deliver. We do not own, operate, or re-sell any streaming site, service, app, or addon. Each person shall be solely responsible for media accessed and we assume that all visitors are complying with the copyright laws set forth within their jurisdiction. Referenced applications, addons, services, and streaming sites are not hosted or administered by TROYPOINT.
Dominus Kodi Build Screenshots
Is Dominus Kodi Build Safe to Use?
Before I install this, I first want to scan their repository URL with VirusTotal.
Here is the screenshot of the scan results.
VirusTotal did not find any suspicious files or malware within the Dominus repository URL.
However, this does not mean we shouldn’t protect ourselves when streaming content from this unverified 3rd party build.
The best way to protect yourself when using Dominus is with IPVanish VPN.
IPVanish will provide you with an anonymous connection while streaming or downloading while using questionable builds such as this.
Now, here are the steps we went through to install Dominus Kodi Build through their repository.
Dominus Kodi Build Installation Process
- Launch Kodi
- Click the settings icon
- Click System
- Hover over Add-ons menu item and turn on Unknown sources if not already on
- Click Yes
- Click back on remote to go back to the System page
- Select File Manager
- Click Add source
- Click <None>
- Type the following URL exactly how it is listed here – https://cellardoortv.com/repo and click OK
- Highlight the box under the source that you just typed in and enter a name for this media source, type “cdtv” or any other name you would like to identify this source as and click OK
- Click the back button on your remote or keyboard until you are back on the System screen
- Choose Add-ons
- Click Install from zip file
- Click “cdtv” or another name you assigned the media source in previous step
- Click the zip file URL – repository.cdrepo-9.5.zip
- Wait for CellardoorTV Repo message to appear
- Click Install from Repository
- Click CellardoorTV Repo
- Click Program add-ons
- Click CDTV Wizard
- Click Install
- Click OK when prompted with this message
- Wait for CDTV Wizard Add-On Installed message to appear
- Click Continue
- When Prompted to Build Menu, Click Ignore
- Return to Main Menu and click Add-Ons
- Click Program Addons
- Choose CDTV Wizard
- Click Builds
- Scroll down and choose 18.6 Dominus Leia – Server 1 (v3.0)
- Click Install
- Click Yes, Install
- Wait for the Dominus Kodi Build to install
- When this message appears click OK
- Once the download is complete, reopen Kodi from the Home menu
- The Dominus Kodi Build will launch
- If prompted with this message click Dismiss
- That’s it! The Dominus Kodi Build is now successfully installed.
- Once at the main screen make sure to allow the menus to build and add-ons to install. This may take a few minutes so be patient.
- I also suggest installing the Numbers Kodi Addon within Dominus
- To do so hover over the Movies category, then scroll down and select the Numbers add-on icon
- Click Yes
- Then simply wait a few seconds for the Numbers add-on to install
- That’s it! You have now successfully installed the Numbers add-on within Dominus
The Firestick is the most popular streaming device on the market today.
The following tutorial will teach you how to install the best VPN on any Firestick or Fire TV. The same process works on Android TV Boxes as well.
Dominus Build Features and Components
The Dominus build features a very user-friendly Kodi build, as the layout allows for simple navigation.
Dominus features a list of available categories, which include: Movies, TV Shows, Music, Discover, Sports, Kidzone, Tools, System, and more.
Some of the Add-ons provided within the Dominus build include Numbers, The Crew, Seren, Shadow, The Magic Dragon, and many others.
However, it’s important to note that most Kodi builds and add-ons are not the best options for Live TV streaming. We always recommend using IPTV services when it comes to Live TV.
As mentioned previously, this build works especially well with Real-Debrid integrated. You can typically find the option to integrate your Real-Debrid account within the System or Settings categories.
For more Real-Debrid alternatives be sure to check out our guide below.
Remember outside of the already installed add-ons, by installing a repository you will have the freedom to choose additional streaming add-ons for your enjoyment.
TROYPOINT’s list of the Best Kodi Add-ons can be found here: Best Kodi Add-On Page.
Overall, Dominus is a great build that is small enough to work on any streaming device including the Amazon Firestick.
Learn how to sideload free streaming apps that are just as good if not better than Dominus Kodi Build on your Firestick or Android TV Box.
Is The Dominus Kodi Build Legal?
It’s impossible for TROYPOINT to determine whether these unverified addons/builds/apps hold the proper licensing.
If and when an add-on is deemed illegal, we notify our users immediately and update reports on our Website to reflect that information.
At first glance, it would appear that Dominus is distributing copyrighted works without consent.
Users can always access titles that are available for free in the public domain.
Works such as this are not protected by copyright laws and may be downloaded, streamed, and shared without any legal ramifications.
In conclusion, the end-user is responsible for all content accessed through builds such as Dominus Kodi Build.
Dominus Kodi Build FAQ
What is Dominus?
Dominus is a Kodi build which is an all-encompassing platform that includes tons of working addons and other features for an enjoyable streaming experience.
How Do I Use a Kodi Build?
Using a Kodi Build is as simple as installing and selecting from different Categories that can include: Movies, TV Shows, Live TV, Fitness, Kids, and much more.
Are Kodi Builds Legal?
Yes. Kodi Builds are legal to install and use. However, what you access on a build may not be legal.
What's the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi build?
You can think of a Kodi build as a bundle of the best add-ons, repositories, and a customized skin that you can install with one click.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!