The guide below will provide you with step-by-step instructions to Install Nova TV on Firestick, Fire TV, and Android TV Box.
Nova TV is a newer fork of Terrarium TV, and is a great streaming APK that contains a solid library of popular Movies and TV Shows to choose from.
Currently, it is working fabulously and pulling in tons of high quality links, especially when integrated with Real-Debrid.
For these reasons and more, Nova TV is considered one of TROYPOINT’s Best APK’s for Movies & TV Shows.
The steps below show how to install Nova TV on a Fire TV Stick 4K. However, these steps will also work on Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, Android TV Boxes, NVIDIA SHIELD, or other devices that run the Android operating system.
The app we will use to side-load Nova TV is called Downloader. If you are using an Android TV Box, NVIDIA SHIELD, Mi Box, etc. you can follow along with this tutorial by installing Downloader on your device. Use the link below for that tutorial.
Nova TV APK Installation Guide for Firestick & Fire TV
1. From the Main Menu scroll to hover over Settings
2. Click My Fire TV
3. Choose Developer Options
4. Click Apps from Unknown Sources
5. Choose Turn On
6. Return to the home screen and hover over the Search icon
7. Type in Downloader and click “Downloader” which will appear under keyboard
8. Select the Downloader app
9. Click Download
10. Click Open
11. Click Allow
12. Click OK
13. Type the following URL in exactly as it is listed here and click Go – https://troypoint.com/nova
- Important Note: this APK file is not hosted by TROYPOINT. This link is pointing to the installation file hosted at archive.org
14. Wait for the file download to finish
15. Click Install
16. Click Done
17. This will take you back to Downloader. Click Delete
18. Click Delete Again
19. Return to home-screen and under Your Apps & Channels click See All.
20. Scroll down to hover over Nova TV and click the Options button (3 horizontal lines). Then click Move to front
21. Nova TV is now moved to the front of Your Apps & Channels
22. Launch Nova TV and wait a few seconds for the application to open.
23. When prompted with this message click Allow.
24. If asked to Choose a default player, we recommend selecting MX Player if you have it installed.
Refer to our MX Player Tutorial for how to install this external media player.
25. Click Cancel if this message appears.
26. That’s it! Nova TV is now successfully installed. Enjoy!
Warning! Protect Yourself With A VPNMost cord-cutters use a VPN and rightfully so.
The free streaming applications, addons, and paid IPTV services that you use are usually hosted on insecure servers.
Without a VPN, your IP Address is being logged.
Your IP Address points back to your location and identity which compromises both your privacy and security.
Your current IP Address is 22.214.171.124 – When you use a VPN, your real IP address will be converted into an anonymous new one.
A VPN will provide you with an anonymous connection to the Internet.
This will prevent your Internet Service Provider, app/addon developers, government agencies, and any 3rd party from logging what you’re accessing online.
The most popular VPN among cord-cutters is IPVanish due to their blazing fast speeds and zero log policy.
Its important to use a VPN that is fast since we are streaming large HD files. Its also crucial to find one that keeps no logs of what their subscribers access while online.
Setting up IPVanish VPN on your streaming device is simple!
Step 1 Register for an IPVanish VPN account by clicking the link below.
This exclusive link provides you with a hefty discount, only available to TROYPOINT visitors like you.
Register for IPVanish Account & Save 57%
Step 2 – Hover over the search icon on your Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube and type in “Ipvanish”
You may also find the IPVanish App in the Google Play Store for those of you who are using Android TV Boxes, phones, and tablets.
Step 3 – Click the IPVanish VPN option that appears.
Step 4 – Click the IPVanish icon under Apps & Games.
Step 5 – Click Download.
Step 6 – Click Open.
Step 7 – Enter your username and password to login. Your username is the email that you used to register for IPVanish service with and your password is automatically generated and emailed to you.
Step 8 – Click Connect button.
Step 9 – Click OK for Connection request if it appears.
Step 10 – You will notice that your IP Address changes along with location of connection. You are now operating anonymously through your device.
Click the Home Button on your remote and the VPN will remain running in the background.
Congratulations! You are now protected by a VPN which means everything that you stream or access through your Firestick or Android TV Box is hidden from the rest of the world.
If you ever need to stop the VPN service, simply re-launch the application and click the DISCONNECT button.
Nova TV APK Features & Details
Nova TV presents a great user interface and easy navigation. As mentioned previously, there are a ton of popular Movies and TV Shows to choose from within this APK, and they work great.
Some of the categories to choose from within the Movies menu include: Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Action, History, Horror, Family, Si-Fi, Romance, and others.
The TV Shows categories consist of Comedy, Crime, Drama, Family, Kids, Mystery, Reality, Action & Adventure, Soap, Documentary, and many more.
Nova TV also allows users to add their favorite Movies and TV Shows to a “Collection.” This is essentially the same concept as “adding to favorites” as seen in many other APKs.
Refer towards the bottom of this post on how to add your favorite Movies and TV Shows to a “Collection.”
It’s important to point out that one of the few downsides to Nova TV is that there are some ads present. We didn’t notice anything major, but if you prefer an APK with zero ads then we recommend checking out some of our other Best APKs.
Nova TV works especially well with the external media player MX Player, and can easily be enabled for instant use.
Their default media player is not the best, as integrating MX provides for a smoother playback experience. Follow the steps below to set MX Player as your Default Player:
Integrate MX Player on Nova TV
1. Install MX Player on your streaming device using URL: troypoint.com/mx in Downloader or follow guide below:
2. Open Nova TV and click the Settings Tab
3. Scroll down and select Choose default player
4. Click MX Player
5. Click the back button on your remote and you will now notice MX Player appear
6. That’s it! You can now use MX Player as your default media player
Nova TV Subtitles
Nova TV has an easy subtitle setup that can be implemented following the instructions below. For this example we used Night of the Living Dead, which is one of TROYPOINT’s Top Public Domain Movies.
1. Once you select a Movie or TV Show choose your preferred streaming source
2. Once you click on your preferred source, scroll down and click Play with subtitle
3. Select one of the subtitle many subtitle options that will appear. We just chose the first option
4. Your content will now begin to play with subtitles!
5. Nova TV also gives users the option to change subtitle language, font size, and color. In order to edit these features, click the Settings icon on the left menu.
6. To change the subtitle language scroll down and select Choose primary subtitle. Then choose your preferred language
7. To change the font size scroll down and select Subtitle Size. Then choose your preferred size.
8. To change the subtitle color select Subtitle color. Then choose your preferred color
Add Your Favorite Movies & TV Shows to a Collection
Nova TV also lets users add their favorite Movies and TV Shows to a “Collection.” This is basically the same concept as adding content to “Favorites” seen in other APKs.
Follow the short guide below on how to add your favorite media to a Collection within Nova TV.
1. Search for the Movie or TV Show you want to add to your Collection. For this example we chose Night of the Living Dead.
2. Once you arrive at this screen, you will then click the Collection icon located in the upper right hand corner. In the image below, the icon appears in blue when hovering over it.
3. Click the Collection icon and you will get a message saying “Add collection success.” You will also notice the icon change in the upper right.
4. To view the media in your Collection, go back to the home screen of Nova TV and select Library.
5. Then scroll to the right and click Collection.
6. That’s it! You will now see your selected media within your Collection.
7. To delete media from your Collection, simply go back and uncheck the collection icon from the previous steps.
Use Real-Debrid Within Nova TV
As mentioned earlier, Nova TV has the ability to integrate real-debrid for more streaming links.
The following screenshot tutorial will show you how to set up Real-Debrid in Nova TV.
Real-Debrid is an unrestricted downloader that adds high-quality stream options to content on Nova TV. These new sources should provide better playback with less buffering.
Real-Debrid is a premium service that costs approximately $5 per month, which is less than a popcorn at the movie theater.
Important: You must disconnect VPN on your streaming device prior to following the steps below. Once Real-Debrid pairing and setup is complete, you may activate your VPN.
1. Register for Real-Debrid Account
2. Click the menu icon (3 horizontal lines in upper left hand corner)
3. Scroll down and click the Settings icon
4. Scroll down and click Login to Real-Debrid
5. Write down the code provided on the screen
6. Open Internet browser on any device and go to https://real-debrid.com/device and type in code from above and click Continue
7. Your Real-Debrid application is now approved!
8. You are now logged into Real-Debrid within Nova TV
9. You will now have access to additional video sources identified in a different colored font with the abbreviation [DEB] – these should provide buffer-free playback. Enjoy!
Integrate Trakt Within Nova TV
Nova TV also has the option to integrate a trakt.tv account within the app. By using Trakt, you can sync all your favorite shows and films across multiple platforms and devices so you’ll never miss an episode!
Follow the instructions below to setup trakt within Nova TV:
1. Click the menu on the upper left part of the screen. Then scroll down and click the Settings icon
2. Scroll down and click Login to Trakt TV
3. Write down the code provided on the screen
4. Go to trakt.tv/activate to enter provided code and click Continue
5. Click Yes
6. Trakt integration is now complete!
7. You are now logged in to your Trakt account within Nova TV
For more information about Trakt and how to set it up for all your streaming apps, read the complete TROYPOINT Trakt Resource Guide below:
TROYPOINT TIP: Nova TV and dozens of other apps are available within the TROYPOINT Rapid App Installer.
This app allows you to install the best streaming apps and tools in a matter of minutes rather than installing each APK one by one. Use the link below to access this free application.
Give Nova TV a try and let us know what you think in the comments!
Nova TV Frequently Asked Questions
What is Nova TV?
Nova TV is an app available for installation on streaming devices to watch Movies and TV Shows for free.
Is Nova TV legal?
Yes. Nova TV is 100% legal to install and use. However, some content provided may be illegal. To ensure you are not illegally streaming, make sure to only watch Movies and TV Shows in the public domain.
How Do I Download Movies from Nova TV?
To download movies on a Firestick, simply choose your preferred content and select the download option. If downloading, make sure you are using a VPN to encrypt your IP Address.
What devices can Nova TV be installed on?
Nova TV is available for installation on tons of devices including the Amazon Firestick which is the most popular streaming device available. Users can also download on Android and more.