This in-depth review of Nova TV will provide you with important information that you need to know about this app on Firestick, Fire TV, and Android TV Box.
Is Nova TV safe to use? Is Nova TV legal? How do I install Nova TV? We will answer those questions and more in this article.
The reason why we ask legal questions is due to the fact that Nova TV isn’t available in popular app stores such as Amazon App Store or Google Play.
This is oftentimes a warning sign.
Since this app can’t be installed through an app store, it must be sideloaded which we illustrate in the screenshot guide below.
Nova TV is a fork of Terrarium TV and is a great Streaming App that contains a solid library of Movies and TV Shows to choose from.
Currently, it is working fabulously and pulling in tons of high-quality links, especially when integrated with Real-Debrid.
We can easily install Nova TV APK on the Amazon Firestick 4K.
These same steps also work for those using the Firestick Lite, 3rd Gen Fire TV Stick, Fire TVs, Fire TV Cube, and any Fire TV device.
This process also applies to those using Android devices such as the NVIDIA SHIELD, MECOOL Boxes, Chromecast, Android TV Boxes, phones, tablets, and more.
TROYPOINT TIP: The best way to get the most out of your Firestick or Fire TV is by “jailbreaking” the device.
Learn more at our resource guide below:
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: TROYPOINT is a tech website that publishes tutorials, news, and reviews. We do not verify if apps, services, or websites hold the proper licensing for media that they deliver. We do not own, operate, or re-sell any streaming site, service, app, or addon. Each person shall be solely responsible for media accessed and we assume that all visitors are complying with the copyright laws set forth within their jurisdiction. Referenced applications, addons, services, and streaming sites are not hosted or administered by TROYPOINT.
Is Nova TV Safe to Use?
Before we install this application, I will scan the official Android APK installation file with VirusTotal.
Here is the screenshot of the scan results:
VirusTotal did find one suspicious file within the APK which looks like something pertaining to ad-ware.
We always preach about the importance of using a VPN with questionable applications such as Nova TV.
When we see flagged files in VirusTotal, a trusted VPN is pretty much required to protect your identity and security.
Now, here are the steps that we went through to install through the official Nova TV Website.
Nova TV Installation Process
In order to review this app, the first thing we need to do is install it.
In this report, we will be installing Nova TV on a Firestick Lite.
However, the same steps can be used to install the app on any Android TV Box, NVIDIA SHIELD, or other devices that run the Android operating system.
We will be installing Nova TV with a free application called Downloader which is available for installation on Fire TV and Android TV devices.
1. Install the Downloader app from your respective App Store (Amazon App Store or Google Play) and turn on Apps from Unknown sources in the settings of your streaming device.
If you haven’t done this yet please refer to the following screenshot tutorial that demonstrates this simple process.
2. Launch Downloader.
3. Click Allow.
4. Click OK.
5. Select the Browser tab within the left menu.
6. Click the Search box and type the following URL exactly as it is listed here – novatv.app and click Go
- novatv.app is the official website of this app.
7. Scroll down and click Download Now.
Important Note: If using an Android TV device or Chromecast with Google TV, you must first install the Downloader Browser Plugin.
You can do this by typing in “http://browser.aftvnews.com” within the URL box, or viewing that section in our Downloader Tutorial.
8. Wait for the file download to finish
9. Click Install
10. Click Done
11. This will take you back to Downloader. Click Delete
12. Click Delete Again
13. Return to home-screen and under Your Apps & Channels click See All.
14. Scroll down to hover over Nova TV and click the Options button (3 horizontal lines). Then click Move to front
15. Nova TV is now moved to the front of Your Apps & Channels
16. Launch Nova TV and wait a few seconds for the application to open.
17. When prompted with this message click Allow.
18. If asked to Choose a default player, we recommend selecting MX Player if you have it installed.
Refer to our MX Player Tutorial for how to install this external media player.
19. Click Cancel if this message appears.
20. That’s it! Nova TV is now successfully installed. Enjoy!
Nova TV APK Features & Details
Nova TV presents a great user interface and easy navigation. As mentioned previously, there are a ton of popular Movies and TV Shows to choose from within this APK, and they work great.
Some of the categories to choose from within the Movies menu include Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Action, History, Horror, Family, Si-Fi, Romance, and others.
The TV Shows categories consist of Comedy, Crime, Drama, Family, Kids, Mystery, Reality, Action & Adventure, Soap, Documentary, and many more.
Nova TV also allows users to add their favorite Movies and TV Shows to a “Collection.”
This is essentially the same concept as “adding to favorites” as seen in many other APKs.
Refer towards the bottom of this post on how to add your favorite Movies and TV Shows to a “Collection.”
It’s important to point out that one of the few downsides to Nova TV is that there are some ads present.
We didn’t notice anything major, but if you prefer an APK with zero ads then we recommend checking out some of our other Best Streaming Apps.
Integrate MX Player on Nova TV
Nova TV works especially well with the external media player MX Player, and can easily be enabled for instant use.
Their default media player is not the best, as integrating MX provides for a smoother playback experience. Follow the steps below to set MX Player as your Default Player:
1. Install MX Player on your streaming device using URL: troypoint.com/mx in Downloader or follow guide below:
2. Open Nova TV and click the Settings Tab
3. Scroll down and select Choose default player
4. Click MX Player
5. Click the back button on your remote and you will now notice MX Player appear
6. That’s it! You can now use MX Player as your default media player
Nova TV Subtitles
Nova TV has an easy subtitle setup that can be implemented following the instructions below.
For this example, we used Night of the Living Dead, which is one of TROYPOINT’s Top Public Domain Movies.
1. Once you select a Movie or TV Show choose your preferred streaming source
2. Once you click on your preferred source, scroll down and click Play with subtitle
3. Select one of the subtitle many subtitle options that will appear. We just chose the first option
4. Your content will now begin to play with subtitles!
5. Nova TV also gives users the option to change subtitle language, font size, and color. In order to edit these features, click the Settings icon on the left menu.
6. To change the subtitle language scroll down and select Choose primary subtitle. Then choose your preferred language
7. To change the font size scroll down and select Subtitle Size. Then choose your preferred size.
8. To change the subtitle color select Subtitle color. Then choose your preferred color
Add Your Favorite Movies & TV Shows to a Collection
Nova TV also lets users add their favorite Movies and TV Shows to a “Collection.” This is basically the same concept as adding content to “Favorites” seen in other APKs.
Follow the short guide below on how to add your favorite media to a Collection within Nova TV.
1. Search for the Movie or TV Show you want to add to your Collection. For this example we chose Night of the Living Dead.
2. Once you arrive at this screen, you will then click the Collection icon located in the upper right hand corner. In the image below, the icon appears in blue when hovering over it.
3. Click the Collection icon and you will get a message saying “Add collection success.” You will also notice the icon change in the upper right.
4. To view the media in your Collection, go back to the home screen of Nova TV and select Library.
5. Then scroll to the right and click Collection.
6. That’s it! You will now see your selected media within your Collection.
7. To delete media from your Collection, simply go back and uncheck the collection icon from the previous steps.
Use Real-Debrid Within Nova TV
As mentioned earlier, Nova TV has the ability to integrate real-debrid for more streaming links.
The following screenshot tutorial will show you how to set up Real-Debrid in Nova TV.
Real-Debrid is an unrestricted downloader that adds high-quality stream options to content on Nova TV. These new sources should provide better playback with less buffering.
Real-Debrid is a premium service that costs approximately $5 per month, which is less than popcorn at the movie theater.
1. Register for Real-Debrid Account
2. Click the menu icon (3 horizontal lines in upper left hand corner)
3. Scroll down and click the Settings icon
4. Scroll down and click Login to Real-Debrid
5. Write down the code provided on the screen
6. Open Internet browser on any device and go to https://real-debrid.com/device and type in code from above and click Continue
7. Your Real-Debrid application is now approved!
8. You are now logged into Real-Debrid within Nova TV
9. You will now have access to additional video sources identified in a different colored font with the abbreviation [DEB] – these should provide buffer-free playback. Enjoy!
Integrate Trakt Within Nova TV
By using Trakt, you can sync all your favorite shows and films across multiple platforms and devices so you’ll never miss an episode!
Follow the instructions below to setup trakt within Nova TV:
1. Click the menu on the upper left part of the screen. Then scroll down and click the Settings icon
2. Scroll down and click Login to Trakt TV
3. Write down the code provided on the screen
4. Go to trakt.tv/activate to enter provided code and click Continue
5. Click Yes
6. Trakt integration is now complete!
7. You are now logged in to your Trakt account within Nova TV
For more information about Trakt and how to set it up for all your streaming apps, read the complete TROYPOINT Trakt Resource Guide below:
Is Nova TV Legal?
It’s impossible for TROYPOINT to determine whether these unverified applications hold the proper licensing.
If and when an application is deemed illegal, we notify our users immediately and update reports on our Website to reflect that information.
At first glance, it would appear that Nova TV is distributing copyrighted works without consent.
You will notice in the example above that we used the free public domain movie, Night of the Living Dead as an example.
Works such as this are not protected by copyright laws and may be downloaded, streamed, and shared without any legal ramifications.
In conclusion, the end-user is responsible for all content accessed through apps such as Nova TV.
For 100% legal and verified free streaming options, we suggest our list of free movie/TV show apps below.
Nova TV FAQ
What is Nova TV?
Nova TV is an app available for installation on streaming devices to watch Movies and TV Shows for free.
Is Nova TV legal?
Yes. Nova TV is 100% legal to install and use. However, some content provided may be illegal. To ensure you are not illegally streaming, make sure to only watch Movies and TV Shows in the public domain.
How Do I Download Movies from Nova TV?
To download movies on a Firestick, simply choose your preferred content and select the download option. If downloading, make sure you are using a VPN to encrypt your IP Address.
What devices can Nova TV be installed on?
Nova TV is available for installation on tons of devices including the Amazon Firestick which is the most popular streaming device available. Users can also download on Android and more.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!