This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!
The step-by-step tutorial below will show you How To Install CuriosityStream Kodi Addon.
CuriosityStream is a subscription-based streaming service that offers thousands of documentaries, licensed titles, and nonfiction media.
It is also available as a standalone app you can Install on Firestick, Android, and more.
We have put together a separate tutorial for installing the CuriosityStream app on a Firestick/Fire TV device which you can find below.
CuriosityStream offers a 7-day free trial if you sign up for an account. After the trial period, you may opt to pay $2.99 a month or $12 per year.
For more information on the service and package options, check out the official CuriosityStream site below.
Note: In order to use the CuriosityStream Kodi Addon you must have a CuriosityStream account.
In addition to the add-on and application, you can also access CuriousityStream from the Frndly TV service.
If you are a subscriber AND a Kodi user, this is a great way to use this platform within Kodi for all-inclusive streaming.
Use the guide below to install CuriosityStream Kodi addon on your Kodi device.
CuriosityStream Kodi Add-On Installation Guide
- Launch Kodi
- Click the settings icon
- Click System
- Hover over Add-ons menu item and turn on Unknown sources if not already on
- Click Yes
- Click back on remote to go back to the System page
- Select File Manager
- Click Add source
- Click <None>
- Type the following URL exactly how it is listed here and click OK – http://k.slyguy.xyz
- Highlight the box under the source that you just typed in and enter a name for this media source
- Type “sly” or any other name you would like to identify this source as and click OK
- Click the back button on your remote until you are on the System screen. Then click Add-ons
- Click Install from zip file
- Select “sly” or whatever you named the media source in the previous step
- Click the zip file URL – repository.slyguy.zip
- Wait for the “SlyGuy Repo Add-on installed” message to appear
- Next click Install from repository
- Click SlyGuy Repository
- Scroll down and select Video add-ons
- Select CuriosityStream
- Click Install
- Click the first option Version 0.0.2
- When prompted with the following message, Click OK
- Wait for the “CuriosityStream Add-on installed” message to appear
- If this message appears click No.
- Return back to the home screen of Kodi and select add-ons
- Choose Video add-ons
- Choose CuriosityStream
- Installation of the CuriosityStream Kodi Addon is now complete!
CuriosityStream Kodi Addon Description
With the CuriosityStream Kodi Addon installed on your device, you can now access tons of Documentaries and nonfiction content.
Some of the CuriosityStream program categories include Science, History, Lifestyle, Kids, Tehcnology, Nature, and more.
Besides Kodi, the CuriosityStream application is also available for installation on the following devices:
- Apple TV
- Android devices
- Google Chromecast
- Xbox One
- Windows PC
For other great Kodi alternatives I suggest viewing our best Kodi Addons list below, which we update weekly.
If you are a CuriosityStream subscriber, give the CuriosityStream Kodi Addon a try today!
CuriosityStream Kodi Addon FAQ
Is the CuriosityStream Kodi Add-on legal?
Yes. It is not illegal to install and use this Kodi add-on.
Should I use a VPN with the CuriosityStream Kodi addon?
A VPN such as IPVanish is always encouraged when installing any 3rd party Kodi addons and repositories. This will ensure your privacy and anonymity when streaming.
Can CuriosityStream Kodi addon be installed on firestick?
Yes. Follow the step-by-step instructions above. This tutorial was done using an Amazon Firestick 4K.
What's the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi repository?
A repository is a file that stores numerous Kodi addons and more for installation. Usually you are required to install a repository to install a Kodi addon or build.
What's the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi build?
You can think of a Kodi build as a bundle of the best add-ons, repositories, and a customized skin that you can install with one click.