Table of Contents
- 0.1 IMPORTANT NOTE: Blink Kodi Addon is currently unavailable. We suggest using our list of Kodi Addons that is updated DAILY with the Best Working Addon choices.
- 0.2 Best Kodi Addons
- 1 Is Blink Kodi Addon Safe to Use?
- 2 Blink Kodi Addon Installation Guide
- 3 Integrate Real-Debrid within Blink Kodi Addon
- 4 Blink Kodi Addon Description & Details
- 5 Is Blink Kodi Addon Legal?
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7 Is the Blink Kodi Addon legal?
- 8 Should I use a VPN with the Blink Kodi addon?
- 9 Can Blink Kodi addon be installed on firestick?
- 10 What's the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi repository?
- 11 What's the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi build?
This in-depth report of Blink Kodi Addon will provide you with everything you need to know about this add-on on Firestick, Fire TV, Android TV Box, or any other device.
Is Blink Kodi safe to use? Is Blink Kodi Addon legal? How do I install Blink Kodi Addon? We will answer those questions and more in this article.
The reason why we ask legal questions is due to the fact that Blink isn’t available in Kodi’s official repository. This is oftentimes a warning sign.
Since this add-on can’t be installed through the official Kodi repository, it must be installed from an external provider which we display in the screenshot guide below.
Blink is a Movie and TV Show addon that requires real-debrid for use. It provides tons of high-quality links in a simple, unique interface.
For these reasons and more, it can be found in our list of Best Kodi Addons by TROYPOINT.
Note: If you do not have Kodi on your device, you can install the latest release using our guides below:
Below you will find a screenshot guide to install Blink on your Kodi device. We are using an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K.
These same steps also work for those using the Firestick Lite, 3rd Gen Fire TV Stick, Fire TVs, Fire TV Cube, and any Fire TV device.
This process also applies to those using Android devices such as the NVIDIA SHIELD, MECOOL Boxes, Chromecast, Android TV Boxes, phones, tablets, and more.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: TROYPOINT is a tech website that publishes tutorials, news, and reviews. We do not verify if apps, services, or websites hold the proper licensing for media that they deliver. We do not own, operate, or re-sell any streaming site, service, app, or addon. Each person shall be solely responsible for media accessed and we assume that all visitors are complying with the copyright laws set forth within their jurisdiction. Referenced applications, addons, services, and streaming sites are not hosted or administered by TROYPOINT.
Before I install this, I first want to scan their repository URL with VirusTotal.
Here is the screenshot of the scan results.
VirusTotal did not find any suspicious files or malware within the Blink repository URL.
However, this does not mean we shouldn’t protect ourselves when streaming content from this unverified 3rd party add-on.
Kodi even alerts us during setup that these 3rd party Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on our device.
The best way to protect yourself when using the Blink Kodi addon is with IPVanish VPN.
IPVanish will provide you with an anonymous connection while streaming or downloading while using questionable add-ons such as this.
Now, here are the steps we went through to install the Blink Kodi Addon through their repository.
- Launch Kodi
- Click the settings icon
- Click System
- Hover over Add-ons menu item and turn on Unknown sources if not already on
- Read this important Warning prior to proceeding.
Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on your device!
This is why it is so important running IPVanish VPN if you’re going to use a 3rd party addon such as Blink.
IPVanish VPN won’t allow these 3rd party addons to gain access to your personal data.
- Click back on remote to go back to the System page
- Select File Manager
- Click Add source
- Click <None>
- Type the following URL exactly how it is listed here – http://magnetic.website/repo/ and click OK
- This is the official website that hosts this repository URL
- Highlight the box under the source that you just typed in and enter a name for this media source, type “magnetic” or any other name you would like to identify this source as and click OK again
- Click your back button on the remote or keyboard until you are back on the System screen
- Choose Add-ons
- Click Install from zip file
- When prompted with the following message, click Yes
- Choose magnetic or another name you assigned the media source in the previous step
- Click the zip file URL – repository.Magnetic.zip
- Wait for the “Magnetic Repo Add-on installed” message to appear
- Click Install from repository
- Choose Magnetic Repo
- Click Video Add-Ons
- Select Blink
- Click Install
- Wait for the Blink Kodi Add-on installed message to appear
Installation is now complete!
Because Blink requires real-debrid for use, we must also integrate our account within the Blink Addon.
Follow the instructions below to do so.
Select the Blink Addon and click Configure.
Hover over Debrid and click the toggle to Enable Real Debrid.
Click Re.auth RD.
Visit real-debrid.com/device and enter your provided code.
You will then encounter Blink Authorization Succesful message.
That’s it! You have successfully installed and set up the Blink Kodi addon. Enjoy!
Blink Kodi Addon contains a simple interface with only 5 categories to choose from:
The categories available within this addon include Movies, Series, Last Played, Trakt, and News
With real-debrid integrated, you will find tons of working, high-quality links after making a content selection.
If you are a Trakt user, you can also integrate your account within Blink which will keep all your content in sync.
Overall, Blink is an awesome Kodi addon that works fabulously on all devices including the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k.
Many cord-cutters jailbreak their Fire TV Sticks & Fire TVs and this is one of the most popular Kodi addons used.
It’s impossible for TROYPOINT to determine whether these unverified addons/apps hold the proper licensing.
If and when an add-on is deemed illegal, we notify our users immediately and update reports on our Website to reflect that information.
At first glance, it would appear that Blink is distributing copyrighted works without consent.
Users can always access titles that are available for free in the public domain.
Works such as this are not protected by copyright laws and may be downloaded, streamed, and shared without any legal ramifications.
In conclusion, the end-user is responsible for all content accessed through add-ons such as the Blink Kodi Addon.
For 100% legal and verified free streaming options, we suggest our list of free movie/TV show apps below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. It is not illegal to install and use this Kodi add-on. However, what you access after you have installed this add-on may be illegal.
A VPN such as IPVanish is always encouraged when installing any 3rd party Kodi addons and repositories. This will ensure your privacy and anonymity when streaming.
Yes. Follow the step-by-step instructions above. This tutorial was done using an Amazon Firestick 4K.
What's the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi repository?
A repository is a file that stores numerous Kodi addons and more for installation. Usually you are required to install a repository to install a Kodi addon or build.
What's the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi build?
You can think of a Kodi build as a bundle of the best add-ons, repositories, and a customized skin that you can install with one click.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!