This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!
The following tutorial will provide you with step by step instructions to install an all-in-one Live TV App on Firestick and Fire TV.
This app works as an aggregator to scrape installed apps on your device for live channels.
It then combines them into one for an all-inclusive live streaming experience.
This application also has the ability to integrate TVirl which will load any live playlists you have including M3U URL’s.
There are numerous free live services available directly through the Amazon App Store that work great with this app.
One of the most popular is Pluto TV and this app works fabulously in conjunction with it.
The guide below will show you how to install the Live Channels app and integrate Pluto TV and Xumo for live streaming.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: TROYPOINT does not verify if apps, services, or websites hold the proper licensing for media that they deliver. We do not own, operate, or re-sell any streaming site, service, app, or addon. Each person shall be solely responsible for media accessed and should only contain works not protected by copyright. Referenced applications, addons, services, and streaming sites are not hosted or administered by TROYPOINT.
In this instance, we are using a Fire TV Stick 4k. However, this will also work on an Android TV Box, NVIDIA SHIELD, or other devices that run the Android operating system.
If you are using an Android TV Box, NVIDIA SHIELD, Mi Box, etc. you can follow along with this tutorial by installing Downloader app on your device. Use the link below for that tutorial.
Follow the guide below to learn How To Install Live Channels App on your preferred streaming device:
How To Install Live Channels App on Firestick Guide
1. From the Main Menu scroll to hover over Settings
2. Click Device or My Fire TV
3. Choose Developer Options
4. Click Apps from Unknown Sources
5. Choose Turn On
6. Return to the home screen and hover over the Search icon
7. Type in Downloader
8. Select the Downloader app
9. Click Download.
10. Click Open.
11. Select Allow if presented with this prompt.
12. Click OK.
13. Click the search bar
14. Type the following URL exactly as it is listed here – https://troypoint.com/lc and click Go
- Important Note: this APK file is not hosted by TROYPOINT. This link is pointing to the installation file hosted at archive.org
15. Wait for file to download
16. Click Install
17. Click Done
18. This will return you to the Downloader App. Click Delete
19. Click Delete again
For those that use an M3U URL for live channels, we can also install the TVirl application and import these channels.
NOTE: If you don’t have an IPTV Service with M3U URL you can skip the following steps.
20. To install TVirl, Type https://troypoint.com/tvirl in the browser bar and click Go
21. Wait for file to install
22. Click Install
23. Click Done
24. Choose delete to remove the installation file
25. Click Delete again
Installation of Live Channels and TVirl is now complete! Next, we must set up the app with our personal viewing preferences.
Follow the guide below to learn how to set up the Live Channels Application.
Set Up Live Channels App
1. From your device home screen, hover over “Your Apps & Channels” click See All
2. Scroll down and open the Live Channels App
3. Click Allow
4. Click through intro steps and select Get Started
5. Choose from your provided apps to input live channels
6. Select any services you would like Live Channels to use and wait for channels to be added
7. Once finished, your guide will update and channels are available for viewing
How To Use TVirl within the Live Channels App
One of the best features about the Live Channels app is that it offers the ability to input a Channel Playlist via download or M3U URL.
This is done via the TVirl app which we previously installed. Use the guide below to learn how to setup TVirl within the Live Channels App:
1. Open the TVirl app and choose Own Playlist
2. Click Playlist URL
Insert your Playlist URL and that’s it!
You can now authorize TVirl for use within the Live Channels app and get all your live streaming options in one location. Enjoy!
Live Channels App Description & Features
The Live Channels app is a fabulous tool for those who use multiple services to stream Live TV.
Using the application is a great way to integrate all of your favorites into one location for a seamless streaming experience.
The guide above shows how to integrate Tubi TV and Xumo within Live Channels. Both of these services worked with the Live Channels application, however, this was not the case for every app.
Upon testing, we noticed that certain applications such as STIRR and Haystack did not pull channels into the app and therefore did not work.
One of the best features available is the ability to watch PIP (Picture in Picture) with Live Channels.
To do so, hover over Options when viewing a Channel and select PIP:
You will now see PIP on the home screen and within any apps you open:
Overall, this app is a great tool for Firestick users that stream live tv.
Combining multiple platforms into one location is a great way to get more channel options and content in one location.
These both feature tons of live television apps that you can install directly to your streaming device.