This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!
This step-by-step guide will show you how to install the Wolf Launcher on Firestick/Fire TV and upgrade your interface.
The Wolf Launcher is a custom launcher created by TechDoctorUK that will change the default user interface that Amazon applies to their Fire TV devices.
This launcher is becoming a popular alternative to the default Fire TV interface for several reasons. This is similar to the custom Leanback Launcher.
Many are unhappy with Amazon’s new Fire TV Interface that released in late 2020 and using a custom launcher is a great way to adjust your interface without harming your device.
The Wolf Launcher allows for more customization options, removes Amazon’s sponsored/suggested content, displays all side-loaded apps, and more.
Using this launcher is one of the solutions highlighted in our Blocking Ads on Firestick guide.
This custom launcher works great on the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, and more.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you wish to return to the original firestick interface you must enable the stock launcher first. DO NOT delete the app as it may result in a complete loss of User Interface.
If this occurs, your device will require a factory reset which you can perform by pressing the right-down button and back button simultaneously for 10 seconds or more:
Please refer to our “How to Uninstall Wolf Launcher” directions further down this article if you wish to remove the Wolf Launcher.
The Amazon Firestick is the most popular streaming device available today because of its low price point and the ability to “jailbreak” it.
“Jailbreaking” your Firestick/Fire TV will allow for the installation of 3rd party software like custom launchers and make your customization options endless!
This launcher also works on Android devices like the NVIDIA Shield, MECOOL Box, Chromecast with Google TV, or other Android TV devices.
Important Note: In order to use the Wolf Launcher correctly, we must install two separate applications. This includes the “Launcher Manager” and “Wolf Launcher” apps.
The instructions below show how to install Wolf Launcher on both a Firestick Lite and Chromecast with Google TV.
We include both a video tutorial and a screenshot guide, but we recommend watching the video tutorial for a complete walkthrough and other setup tips.
TROYPOINT TIP: For the quickest installation of the Launcher Manager and Wolf Launcher apps, we suggest getting our FREE Rapid App Installer.
This free tool used by millions of techies will allow you to install the most popular apps and tools in minutes!
How to Install Wolf Launcher on Firestick/Fire TV
The steps below show how to install and set up the Wolf Launcher using a Fire TV Stick Lite.
However, this same process should work on all Fire TV devices running Fire OS 6 or above. This includes the Firestick 4K, 2nd Gen Fire TV Cube, 3rd Gen Fire TV Stick, and the Fire TV Stick Lite.
In order to fully download the Wolf Launcher on your device, you must first install the “Launcher Manager” app. Follow the steps below.
Install Launcher Manager
1. Hover over Settings and click My Fire TV.
2. Click Developer options.
3. Make sure ADB debugging is turned ON.
4. Next install the Downloader app from your respective App Store (Amazon App Store or Google Play) and enable Unknown Sources within the settings of your streaming device.
If you haven’t done this yet please refer to the following screenshot tutorial for step-by-step instructions.
5. Launch Downloader
6. Click Allow
7. Click OK
8. Click the search box.
9. Enter the following URL – troypoint.com/launchmger and click Go.
10. Click Install.
11. Click Done.
12. Click Delete.
13. Click Delete again.
That’s it! You have installed the Launcher Manager app. Next, follow the instructions below to install the Wolf Launcher app.
Install Wolf Launcher App
1. Launch Downloader again and enter the following URL – troypoint.com/wolf and click Go.
2. Click Install.
3. Click Done.
4. Click Delete.
5. Click Delete again.
Now follow the steps below for setting up this custom launcher on your device.
How to Set up Wolf Launcher
1. Open the Launcher Manager app.
2. Select Disable Stock Launcher.
3. Check the box and click OK.
4. Click the Home button on your remote and wait a few seconds for the Wolf Launcher to load.
5. That’s it! You have successfully installed the Wolf Launcher on your Firestick/Fire TV.
Once the launcher is installed on your Firestick/Fire TV, scroll down on this page to see further customization options.
How to Install Wolf Launcher on Chromecast with Google TV
For those using the Chromecast with Google TV or Android TV devices, follow the instructions below for installing Wolf Launcher.
Popular devices running Android TV OS include the NVIDIA Shield, MECOOL Box, Dynalink, and more.
Install Launcher Manager – Chromecast with Google TV
1. Within your device Settings scroll down and choose System.
2. Click Developer options.
3. Make sure USB debugging is turned on.
4. Install the Downloader App on your device and launch it.
5. Enter the following URL – troypoint.com/launchmgertv and click Go.
- NOTE: If using an NVIDIA Shield or Android TV device use this URL instead – troypoint.com/launchmgershield
6. Click Install.
7. Click Done.
8. Click Delete.
9. Click Delete again.
Launcher Manager is installed on your Chromecast with Google TV! See below for installing the Wolf Launcher app.
Install Wolf Launcher App – Chromecast with Google TV
1. Launch Downloader again and enter the following URL – troypoint.com/wolfgtv and click Go.
- NOTE: If using an NVIDIA Shield or Android TV device use this URL instead – troypoint.com/wolfshield
2. Click Install.
3. Click Done.
4. Return back to the home screen on your device and select the Launcher Manager app.
5. Click Disable Stock Launcher.
6. Check the box for allowing USB debugging and click Allow.
7. Click the home button on your remote and wait a few seconds for the launcher to load.
8. That’s it! You have installed the Wolf Launcher on a Chromecast with Google TV.
How to Uninstall Wolf Launcher
For those wanting to go back to the default interface on your device, uninstalling this custom launcher is a simple process outlined below.
1. Open the Launcher Manager app.
2. Select Enable Stock Launcher.
3. You have now returned back to the default interface.
Wolf Launcher Features & Details
After installing the Wolf Launcher on your device you will notice the endless customization options this launcher offers.
Some of the notable features include adding wallpaper, app display, sections, status bar, and much more.
Adding your own wallpaper is one of the best features of using custom launchers. Follow the guide below for adding wallpaper within the Wolf Launcher.
1. Launch the Downloader app and click Browser.
2. Enter the following URL – wallpapercave.com and click Go.
- We found wallpapercave.com to work well for downloading wallpaper images, but you can use other sites if you prefer.
NOTE: As shown in the video above you can also type in “troypoint.com/bg” which will provide more wallpaper options.
3. Once on the website scroll down and choose any background image you prefer.
4. Click Download Wallpaper.
5. After the image installs click Done.
- Note: Make sure the image file ends with .jpg or .png.
6. Return back to the home screen and click the Options button (3 horizontal lines) on your remote. Then choose Launcher Settings.
7. Click Wallpaper.
8. Click Application Wallpaper to check the box.
9. Then choose Select Wallpaper.
10. Click Internal Storage.
11. Locate and select the Downloader folder.
12. You should notice any images you downloaded in this folder. Click the image you want to use as wallpaper.
13. That’s it! Return back to the home screen of the Wolf Launcher and your selected wallpaper should appear in the background.
Another excellent feature within the Wolf Launcher is the ability to customize apps and their display.
In this instance, we are customizing the TROYPOINT App and messing around with colors, titles, and other features.
To customize an application, hover over your preferred app and click the Options button on your remote. Then choose Configure.
The first thing we noticed was the option to change an app’s display mode to app banner, vertical, and horizontal.
Within the “Update Icon” menu, you have the options of showing an icon, changing its display size, and more.
You can also customize an app’s background color within the “Update Background” menu.
Overall, the Wolf Launcher is one of the best custom launchers we have tested on the Firestick/Fire TV!
The customization options, smooth navigation, wallpaper, no sponsored content, and ease of use make this launcher great.
This launcher is also highlighted in our guide on How to Fix Grey App Icons on Firestick/Fire TV.
For more popular Firestick/Fire TV tutorials, we suggest viewing the guides below.
If you are not a fan of the default Fire TV interface, try installing the Wolf Launcher on your Firestick/Fire TV today!
For troubleshooting tips and more information on this custom launcher, please refer to the Developer’s Website.
Don’t Get Clipped!Most cord-cutters use IPVanish VPN and rightfully so.
The free streaming applications, addons, and paid IPTV services are usually hosted on insecure servers.
These shady outfits log everything that you access through their app or service.
Without IPVanish, your IP Address is being logged along with everything that you access through it.
Your IP Address points back to your location and identity which compromises both your privacy and security.
Your current identifying IP Address is 184.108.40.206
When you use IPVanish VPN, your IP address is masked and converted into an anonymous one.
IPVanish VPN will provide you with an anonymous connection to the Internet.
This will prevent your Internet Service Provider, app/addon developers, government agencies, and other 3rd parties from logging what you’re accessing online.
Setting up IPVanish VPN on your streaming device is simple!
Step 1 Register for an IPVanish VPN account by clicking the link below.
This special link provides you with a large discount.
Register for IPVanish Account & Save 74% (EXPIRES SOON)
Step 2 – From the home screen hover over Find.
If you’re using an Android TV Box, you can also find the IPVanish application in Google Play Store.
Step 3 – Scroll down and click Search.
Step 4 – Type in “Ipvanish” and click the first option.
Step 5 – Click the IPVanish VPN app.
Step 6 – Click Download.
Step 7 – Once the IPVanish app installs, click Open.
Step 8 – Enter your IPVanish account information and click Log In.
Step 9 – Click Connect.
Step 10 – Click OK.
Step 11 – That’s it! You have installed IPVanish VPN on your Firestick/Fire TV.
Now, click the home button on your remote and the VPN will continue running in the background.
Congratulations! You are now protected by a VPN which means everything that you stream or access through your Firestick or Android TV Box is hidden from the rest of the world.
If you ever need to stop the VPN service, simply re-launch the application and click the DISCONNECT button.
Wolf Launcher FAQ
What is the Wolf Launcher?
The Wolf Launcher is a custom launcher that will change the default interface of your streaming device.
What devices can Wolf Launcher be installed on?
The Wolf Launcher can be installed on the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, Chromecast with Google TV, NVIDIA Shield, and any device that runs Android OS.
Is installing a custom launcher safe?
Yes. Installing a custom launcher is safe and will not harm your device.
Is installing a custom launcher legal?
Yes. Installing a custom launcher is 100% legal. However a VPN is recommended since customer launchers are created by 3rd party developers.