This tutorial will show you how to install Aurora Store APK on the Firestick, Fire TV, and Android devices.
Aurora Store is a 3rd party app store similar to Aptoide TV. This alternative store will work just as well as Aptoide and Google Play.
This app store holds thousands of popular applications across a variety of categories including some of the Most Popular Streaming APKs.
Best of all, Aurora Store is compatible with streaming devices that run Android OS such as the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, and Android devices.
While the official Google Play Store is available for installation on a Firestick, this requires rooting the device which is a complicated and difficult process.
Installing an alternative option like Aurora Store is a much easier process and best of all, most of the apps that are available in Google Play are also available in Aurora Store.
In order to use this 3rd party app store, Aurora Store must be sideloaded onto your Streaming Device. This is also known as “jailbreaking” the device.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We suggest watching the video below for important details about using Aurora Store.
In the video below, we are using a 3rd Gen Fire TV Stick. However, this also works for all Fire TV devices.
Install Aurora Store on Firestick – Video Guide
Aurora Store Highlights
- Contains thousands of apps
- Excellent variety of app categories
- Has many apps that aren’t available in the Amazon App Store or Google Play
- Works great with IPVanish VPN
- Compatible with any device that runs Android OS such as the Firestick, Fire TV, NVIDIA SHIELD, and Android TV Boxes
- Free to install
- Quick and simple installation process
For these reasons and more Aurora Store is included as one of TROYPOINT’s Best Firestick Apps.
IMPORTANT NOTE: One of the problems with installing android apps like Aurora Store onto the Firestick/Fire TV is that navigation issues can occur with the remote.
Because of this, we suggest looking into Firestick Remote Alternatives or an app like Mouse Toggle when navigating within Aurora Store.
Click the link below to learn more about Mouse Toggle and how to install it on a Firestick/Fire TV.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: TROYPOINT is a tech website that publishes tutorials, news, and reviews. We do not verify if apps, services, or websites hold the proper licensing for media that they deliver. We do not own, operate, or re-sell any streaming site, service, app, or addon. Each person shall be solely responsible for media accessed and we assume that all visitors are complying with the copyright laws set forth within their jurisdiction. Referenced applications, addons, services, and streaming sites are not hosted or administered by TROYPOINT.
Is Aurora Store Safe to Use?
Before we install this app, I will scan the official Android APK installation file with VirusTotal.
Here is the screenshot of the scan results:
VirusTotal did not find any suspicious files or malware within the Aurora Store APK file.
However, this does not mean we shouldn’t protect ourselves when streaming content from this unverified app.
The best way to do this is with a VPN that will secure your identity and anonymity when using Aurora Store or other applications.
The step-by-step guides below will show you how to install Aurora Store on both Firestick and Android devices.
Install Aurora Store on Firestick/Fire TV – Screenshot Guide
For the installation of the Aurora Store on a Firestick/Fire TV, we will be using the Downloader app to side-load the application.
In the example below, we are using an Amazon Firestick but this process works on all Fire TV devices.
1. Install the Downloader app from your respective App Store (Amazon App Store or Google Play) and turn on Apps from Unknown Sources in the settings of your streaming device.
If you haven’t done this yet please refer to the following screenshot tutorial that demonstrates this simple process.
2. Launch Downloader.
3. Click Allow.
4. Click OK.
5. Click the URL bar.
6. A keyboard on the screen will appear. Type in “troypoint.com/aurora“ and click Go.
- Note: This is the official source for the Aurora Store APK file
7. Wait for Aurora Store to install.
8. Click Install.
9. Click Done.
10. A pop-up window will appear, click the Delete button. This is necessary to free up your Firestick’s or Fire TV’s storage space.
11. Confirm by selecting the Delete button again on the screen.
12. Aurora Store is now successfully installed! Launch the application to get started. When this message appears click Next.
13. Click ASK when this message appears about Aurora Store Permissions.
14. Click Allow.
15. Be sure to click ANONYMOUS when this message appears.
16. You are now ready to install apps using Aurora Store. Enjoy!
How to Install Aurora Store on Android Devices
Although the Firestick guide above using Downloader is a similar process with Android devices, we wanted to show a different method.
Below we are using an X96 Max Android TV Box that runs the Stock Android operating system (OS). This same process works on Android mobile devices.
I suggest viewing our Android Resource Guide for more information on the differences in Android OS and other information.
1. First, you will need to get our free Rapid App Installer if you haven’t already
2. Once you have the Rapid App Installer on your device, launch the TROYPOINT App.
3. Click OK when prompted with this message.
4. On the home screen of the TROYPOINT App select Rapid App Installer.
5. If prompted with this message click Allow.
6. Scroll down and locate Aurora Store. Click the download icon on the right.
7. Wait a few seconds for the APK file to download.
8. Next click the play icon.
9. If prompted with this message, click Settings.
10. Scroll down and hover over the TROYPOINT app option. Click the OK button on your remote to enable the TROYPOINT app.
11. Next click Install.
12. Click Done.
13. I suggest returning back to the Home Screen and clicking the plus icon (+).
14. Locate and click the Aurora Store icon.
15. That’s it! You have now successfully installed Aurora Store on your Android TV Box using our Rapid App Installer.
16. The best part about using this Google Play alternative on Stock Android TV boxes is the mouse toggle button on many remotes.
Aurora Store Details & Features
Aurora Store holds thousands of applications that are available for download with the click of a button. There are endless options within this alternative app store.
Whether you want to watch movies/tv shows, listen to music, play games, use external video players, social media, or web browsers, this Google Play Store alternative has it all!
Listed below are some of the most popular applications you can install from the Aurora Store:
- Disney Plus
- Peacock TV
- Tubi TV
- Pluto TV
- HBO Max
- YouTube TV
- YouTube Kids
- Puffin TV Browser
Some of the app categories include Art & Design, Business, Communication, Comics, Dating, Books & Reference, Beauty, and more.
Overall, Aurora Store APK is one of the most popular 3rd party app stores downloaded today!
Installation of apps within this alternative app store is quick and easy and works on your favorite streaming device.
Give Aurora Store APK a try today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Aurora Store free?
Yes, this is a completely free alternative app store. Although the apps within Aurora Store are all free to install, there are some like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc. that require payment to use their services.
Is Aurora Store legal?
Yes. this 3rd party app store is 100% legal to install and use. However, some apps within Aurora Store may be illegal. To ensure you are not installing illegal apps, make sure to only install verified applications.
Is Aurora Store safe?
Yes, installing most applications from this app store is safe. However, we always recommend looking for apps with the Trusted App icon prior to installing.
What devices can Aurora Store be installed on?
This 3rd party app store is compatible and works the best with devices that run Android OS. This includes: Amazon Fire TV, Firestick, Fire TV Cubes, Kindle Fire Tablet, Nvidia Shield, and other Android TV Boxes.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!