This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!
This tutorial will show you how to install Aptoide TV APK on the Firestick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, and Android TV Boxes.
This alternative app store will work just as well as Google Play or Aurora Store.
Aptoide TV works similar to Google Play and best of all, this version is optimized for streaming devices that run Android OS such as the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, and Android TV Boxes.
Note: Aptoide TV has recently updated, which includes the following changes & improvements:
- Quicker navigation with new menu
- New card design
- Easy access to available updates and installed apps
- Minor bug fixes
One of the problems with installing android applications onto the Fire TV or Firestick is that they don’t work very well with the remote.
That isn’t the case with this optimized version of Aptoide TV since it has been specifically created for our streaming devices such as the Amazon Fire TV or FireStick.
If you choose to install Google Play on Firestick, then you will be required to root your device and go through a ton of steps to complete the process.
This is an easier method and best of all, most of the apps that are available in Google Play are also available on Aptoide TV.
Aptoide TV Highlights
- One of the most popular 3rd party app stores available
- Contains over 750,000 apps
- Compatible with any device that runs Android OS such as the Firestick 4K, Fire TV, NVIDIA SHIELD, and Android TV Boxes
- Free to install
- Available within various Filelinked Codes
- Easy to navigate user interface
- Great variety of app categories
- Has many great apps that aren’t available in the Amazon App Store or Google Play
- Works great with IPVanish VPN
- Quick and simple installation process
For these reasons and more Aptoide TV is included as one of TROYPOINT’s Best Firestick Apps.
Important Note: Installing Aptoide TV is one of the first steps to “jailbreaking” an Amazon Firestick/Fire TV device. For more information on jailbreaking your Firestick/Fire TV be sure to check out our popular TROYPOINT guide below.
Use the steps below to install Aptoide on your preferred Streaming Device.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: TROYPOINT does not verify if apps, services, or websites hold the proper licensing for media that they deliver. We do not own, operate, or re-sell any streaming site, service, app, or addon. Each person shall be solely responsible for media accessed and should only contain works not protected by copyright. Referenced applications/addons/services are not hosted or administered by TROYPOINT.
Aptoide TV User Interface Screenshots
Important Note: We suggest viewing our video guide below the screenshot tutorial for complete details and more information on Aptoide TV.
For the installation of Aptoide TV on our Firestick 4K we will be using the Downloader app to side-load the application.
NOTE: All applications in our Rapid App Installer have been scanned by VirusTotal and are completely virus-free.
Aptoide TV APK Installation Guide for Firestick & Fire TV
1. Install the Downloader app from your respective App Store (Amazon App Store or Google Play) and turn on Apps from Unknown sources in the settings of your streaming device.
If you haven’t done this yet please refer to the following screenshot tutorial that demonstrates this simple process.
2. Launch Downloader.
3. Click Allow.
4. Click OK.
5. Select the Browser tab within the left menu.
6. Click the Search box and type the following URL exactly as it is listed here – tv.aptoide.com and click Go
- tv.aptoide.com is the official website of this app.
7. Scroll down and click Download Aptoide TV.
Important Note: If using an Android TV device or Chromecast with Google TV, you must first install the Downloader Browser Plugin.
You can do this by typing in “http://browser.aftvnews.com” within the URL box, or viewing that section in our Downloader Tutorial.
8. Wait for the file download to finish.
9. Click Install.
10. Click Done.
11. A pop-up window will appear, click the Delete button. This is necessary to free up your Firestick’s or Fire TV’s storage space.
12. Confirm by selecting the Delete button again on the screen.
13. The Aptoide TV app will not yet be included in the Your Apps & Games app section. Hold down the Home button on your remote until the Shortcut to Your Apps Library window appears. Click Apps.
14. You will be redirected to the apps that you have downloaded. Scroll down to the bottom to locate the Aptoide TV app.
15. Press the Menu button on your remote and select Move to front to move Aptoide TV to the front of Your Apps & Channels.
16. Aptoide TV is now placed in the front of Your Apps & Channels.
17. Aptoide TV is now successfully installed! Launch the application to get started.
18. Click OK when this message appears about what’s new with Aptoide TV.
19. Click Allow.
20. You are now ready to install apps using Aptoide TV. Enjoy!
The video below will show you how to install Aptoide TV and “jailbreak” your device for unlimited streaming capabilities.
How to Install Aptoide TV on Android Devices
Although the Firestick guide above using Downloader is a similar process with Android devices, we wanted to show a different method.
Below we are using an X96 Max Android TV Box that runs the Stock Android operating system (OS).
I suggest viewing our Android Resource Guide for more information on the differences in Android OS and other information.
If using an Android mobile device you will need to install the Aptoide mobile version on the Aptoide Official Website.
1. First, you will need to get our free Rapid App Installer if you haven’t already
2. Once you have the Rapid App Installer on your device, launch the TROYPOINT App.
3. Click OK when prompted with this message.
4. On the home screen of the TROYPOINT App select Rapid App Installer.
5. If prompted with this message click Allow.
6. Scroll down and locate Aptoide TV. Click the download icon on the right.
7. Wait a few seconds for the APK file to download.
8. Next click the play icon.
9. If prompted with this message, click Settings.
10. Scroll down and hover over the TROYPOINT app option. Click the OK button on your remote to enable the TROYPOINT app.
11. Next click Install.
12. Click Done.
13. I suggest returning back to the Home Screen and clicking the plus icon (+).
14. Locate and click the Aptoide TV icon.
15. That’s it! You have now successfully installed Aptoide TV on your Android TV Box using our Rapid App Installer.
How to Install Aptoide TV on Firestick or Fire TV through ES File Explorer
Another alternative to side-loading the Downloader app is to use the ES File Explorer app. Follow the steps below to download the Aptoide TV app.
Important Note: ES File Explorer now charges for their app. Learn how to get the modded free premium app through our ES File Explorer Firestick tutorial.
Launch the ES File Explorer app .
Click on Tools > Download Manager.
On the bottom of the screen, click the + New button .
A pop-up window will appear. On the Path field, enter “https://www.troypoint.com/app“.
On the Name field, type in “Aptoide TV”.
Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button.
When the APK is downloaded, a pop-up window will appear. Click OPEN FILE. This will commence the installation process.
A pop-up window will appear. Click INSTALL.
Installation is complete!
Aptoide TV Details & Features
Aptoide TV holds tons of applications that are available for download with the click of a button. There is no shortage of options within this Google Play Alternative.
Whether you want to watch videos, play games, listen to music, use external video players, chat with friends on social media, or use different web browsers, Aptoide TV has it all!
Listed below are some of the most popular applications you can install from Aptoide TV:
- Plex Media Server
- Puffin TV Browser
- Perfect Player
- MX Player
- Tubi TV
- Freeflix HQ
- HBO Max
Many of these apps and more can also be found within our list of Best APKs for Movies and TV Shows.
Some of the most popular app Categories include: Entertainment, Shopping, Communication, Games, Social, Video Players/Editors, Tools, and more.
Hopefully you better understand why Aptoide TV is one of the most popular 3rd party app stores downloaded today!
Installation of apps within this alternative app store is quick and painless and works on your favorite device.
Give Aptoide TV a try today and let us know what you think in the comment section!
For more tech and streaming tutorials like this one, be sure to sign up for the TROYPOINT Advisor with updates weekly.
This Advisor provides all the best tips to get the most out of your favorite streaming devices and more. Click the link below for your TROYPOINT Advisor Subscription:
Don’t Get Clipped!Most cord-cutters use IPVanish VPN and rightfully so.
The free streaming applications, addons, and paid IPTV services are usually hosted on insecure servers.
These shady outfits log everything that you access through their app or service.
Without IPVanish, your IP Address is being logged along with everything that you access through it.
Your IP Address points back to your location and identity which compromises both your privacy and security.
Your current identifying IP Address is 126.96.36.199
When you use IPVanish VPN, your IP address is masked and converted into an anonymous one.
IPVanish VPN will provide you with an anonymous connection to the Internet.
This will prevent your Internet Service Provider, app/addon developers, government agencies, and other 3rd parties from logging what you’re accessing online.
Setting up IPVanish VPN on your streaming device is simple!
Step 1 Register for an IPVanish VPN account by clicking the link below.
This special link provides you with a large discount.
Register for IPVanish Account & Save 74% (EXPIRES SOON)
Step 2 – From the home screen hover over Find.
If you’re using an Android TV Box, you can also find the IPVanish application in Google Play Store.
Step 3 – Scroll down and click Search.
Step 4 – Type in “Ipvanish” and click the first option.
Step 5 – Click the IPVanish VPN app.
Step 6 – Click Download.
Step 7 – Once the IPVanish app installs, click Open.
Step 8 – Enter your IPVanish account information and click Log In.
Step 9 – Click Connect.
Step 10 – Click OK.
Step 11 – That’s it! You have installed IPVanish VPN on your Firestick/Fire TV.
Now, click the home button on your remote and the VPN will continue running in the background.
Congratulations! You are now protected by a VPN which means everything that you stream or access through your Firestick or Android TV Box is hidden from the rest of the world.
If you ever need to stop the VPN service, simply re-launch the application and click the DISCONNECT button.
Aptoide TV FAQ
Is Aptoide TV free?
Yes, this is a completely free alternative app store. Although the apps within Aptoide are all free to install, there are some like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc. that require payment to use their services.
Is Aptoide TV legal?
Yes. Aptoide TV is 100% legal to install and use. However, some apps within Aptoide may be illegal. To ensure you are not installing illegal apps, make sure to only install verified applications.
Is Aptoide TV safe?
Yes, installing most applications from this app store is safe. However we always recommend looking for apps with the Trusted App icon prior to installing.
What devices can Aptoide TV be installed on?
Aptoide TV is compatible and works the best with devices that run Android OS. This includes: Amazon Fire TV, Firestick, Fire TV Cubes, Kindle Fire Tablet, Nvidia Shield, and other Android TV Boxes.