Get 1,000+ Free Secret Apps on Firestick & Android TV/Google TV
This tutorial will show you How to Install Aptoide TV on Firestick, Fire TV, and Android TV/Google TV Devices.
Aptoide TV is an extremely popular 3rd Party App Store that works as an alternative to the Google Play Store.
Because the Google Play Store is not available on Firestick and Fire TV devices, many are looking for an alternative and Aptoide TV does a great job of filling that void.
Aptoide TV works similarly to Google Play and best of all, this version is optimized for streaming devices that run Android OS such as the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, and Android TV/Google TV devices.
Users will find thousands of apps available within Aptoide TV and many of these are applications that we do not find within the Amazon App Store.
Installing and using Aptoide is as simple as using any other app store with various categories to choose from and more.
All apps available within Aptoide TV are completely free which is not the case for most app stores including the Amazon App Store & Google Play Store.
Installing Google Play Store on a Firestick or Fire TV requires rooting the device which is a tedious process that we do not suggest.
However, installing and using Aptoide TV does not require any rooting of your device and you will likely find more useful applications that you wouldn’t find in the Google Play Store.
In the guide below, we provide installation instructions for Aptoide TV on a Fire TV Stick 4K Max.
However, these instructions will also work for any variation of Firestick/Fire TV as well as Android TV/Google TV Boxes including NVIDIA SHIELD, onn. Google TV Box, BuzzTV, Formuler, and more.
Table of Contents
- Aptoide TV Highlights
- Is Aptoide TV Safe?
- How to Install Aptoide TV on Firestick, Fire TV & Android TV/Google TV
- Developer Options Not Available
- Aptoide TV Details & Features
- Aptoide TV FAQ
Aptoide TV Highlights
- One of the most popular 3rd party app stores available
- Contains over 2500 apps
- Compatible with any device that runs Android OS such as the Firestick 4K, Fire TV, NVIDIA SHIELD, and Android TV/Google TV Boxes
- Free to install
- Easy-to-navigate user interface
- Great variety of app categories
- Has many great apps that aren’t available in the Amazon App Store or Google Play
- Quick and simple installation process
For these reasons and more Aptoide TV is included as one of TROYPOINT’s Best Firestick Apps.
Important Note: Installing Aptoide TV is one of the first steps to “jailbreaking” an Amazon Firestick/Fire TV device. For more information on jailbreaking your Firestick/Fire TV be sure to check out our popular TROYPOINT guide below.
Use the steps below to install Aptoide on your preferred streaming device.
Is Aptoide TV Safe?
Before we install this app, we first want to scan the official Android APK installation file with VirusTotal.
Here is the screenshot of the scan results.
VirusTotal did not find any malicious viruses/malware within the Aptoide TV APK.
However, this does not mean we shouldn’t protect ourselves when streaming content from this unverified streaming app.
The best way to do this is with a secure VPN that will protect your identity and anonymity when using 3rd party services such as this.
Now, here are the steps we went through to install Aptoide TV APK.
How to Install Aptoide TV on Firestick, Fire TV & Android TV/Google TV
Step 1 – Prepare Firestick/Android TV/Google TV for Aptoide TV
1. From the home screen of your device, hover over the Find button and then click the Search box.
2. Search for and select Downloader.
3. Choose the Downloader app.
4. Click Download or Get.
5. Wait for the app to install.
6. You will then encounter Downloader Ready to launch! message.
7. Return to the home screen to hover over Settings and click My Fire TV.
8. Choose Developer Options.
IMPORTANT: Please see the notes below if you don’t see Developer Options on your screen.
9. Click Install unknown apps.
10. Find the Downloader app and click it.
11. This will turn Unknown Sources to On for the Downloader app and enable side-loading on your device.
Developer Options Not Available
If you are unable to locate developer options within settings, follow the instructions below to enable this to use the Downloader App.
1. Hover over the Settings icon and click My Fire TV.
2. Click About.
Note: Notice Developer Options is missing.
3. Hover over Fire TV Stick and click the OK button on your remote 7 times to become a developer.
4. Click the back button on your remote and you will notice Developer Options is now showing within My Fire TV.
Now that I’ve properly prepared my Firestick it’s time to move onto the next step.
Step 2 – Install Aptoide TV
After preparing our device, we can now install the ES File Explorer app.
1. Launch the Downloader Application.
2. Hover over the URL Bar and click the select button on your remote.
3. Type the Downloader Code for the TROYPOINT Toolbox which is 250931 and click Go.
4. You will then encounter a redirect page.
5. You are then met with the TROYPOINT Toolbox home screen.
6. Scroll down to find Aptoide TV and click Download.
7. Wait for Aptoide TV to download.
8. Click Install.
9. You will then encounter Aptoide TV Ready to launch message!
10. Click Done.
11. This will take you back to the Downloader application. Click Delete to remove the installation file.
12. Click Delete again.
Step 3 – Move Aptoide TV to Front of Apps List
After installation is complete, we will now show steps to move Aptoide TV to the front of our apps list for quick access.
1. From the home screen of your device, click and hold down the home button until the following screen appears. Click Apps.
2. Hover over Aptoide TV and click the menu button to move the app.
3. Choose Move.
4. Drag to the top of your apps list and drop it for quick access.
Step 4 – Enable Unknown Sources for Aptoide TV
In order to use Aptoide TV, we must first enable Unknown Sources for Aptoide TV.
This will allow us the ability to install apps with Aptoide TV.
1. Hover over Settings and click My Fire TV.
2. Choose Developer Options.
3. Click Install Unknown Apps.
4. Find Aptoide TV and click it.
5. You will then see Unknown Sources set to ON for Aptoide TV.
Continue reading to learn how to install apps with Aptoide TV.
How to Install Apps with Aptoide TV
Installing apps via Aptoide TV is as simple as installing apps from any other app store.
This simply involves finding the app of your choice and choosing it for quick installation.
1. Find the app of your choice and click Install.
2. Wait for the app to download.
3. Click Install.
4. You will then encounter app installed message.
Aptoide TV Details & Features
Aptoide TV holds tons of applications that are available for download with the click of a button. There is no shortage of options within this Google Play Alternative.
Whether you want to watch videos, play games, listen to music, use external video players, chat with friends on social media, or use different web browsers, Aptoide TV has it all!
Listed below are some of the most popular applications you can install from Aptoide TV:
- Plex Media Server
- Puffin TV Browser
- Perfect Player
- MX Player
- Tubi TV
- Freeflix HQ
- HBO Max
Many of these apps and more can also be found within our list of Best APKs for Movies and TV Shows.
Some of the most popular app categories include Entertainment, Shopping, Communication, Games, Social, Video Players/Editors, Tools, and more.
You can also browse Installed Apps on your device.
Those who develop apps and APKs can easily upload these to Aptoide.
Overall, Aptoide TV is a fabulous resource to have for anyone who wants to install streaming apps and more on their preferred device.
Give Aptoide TV a try today and let us know what you think in the comment section!
For more tech and streaming tutorials like this one, be sure to sign up for the TROYPOINT Advisor with updates weekly.
This Advisor provides all the best tips to get the most out of your favorite streaming devices and more. Click the link below for your TROYPOINT Advisor Subscription:
Aptoide TV FAQ
What is Aptoide TV?
Aptoide TV is a 3rd party app store and an alternative to the Google Play Store that provides users with thousands of apps that we do not see in the Google Play Store and more.
Is Aptoide TV Free?
Yes, this is a completely free alternative app store. Although the apps within Aptoide are all free to install, there are some like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc. that require payment to use their services.
Is Aptoide TV Legal?
Yes. Aptoide TV is 100% legal to install and use. However, some apps within Aptoide may be illegal. To ensure you are not installing illegal apps, make sure to only install verified applications.
Is Aptoide TV Safe?
Yes, installing most applications from this app store is safe. However, we always recommend looking for apps with the Trusted App icon prior to installing.
What is the difference between Aptoide and Aptoide TV?
Aptoide TV is a version of Aptoide built for smart TV devices including streaming devices while Aptoide is meant for use on Android devices.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, visitors will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our fans. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you! Learn more on my Affiliate Disclaimer page.