The guide below will provide you with step-by-step instructions to Install Puffin TV on Firestick/Fire TV and Android devices.
Puffin TV APK is becoming a popular web browser, and as of this writing, it is working great!
We have included Puffin TV within our list of Best Firestick Apps.
Puffin TV Highlights
- Easy to navigate user interface
- Optimized video playback
- Works great on Android OS
- Impressive rendering speed and page loading
- Adobe Flash support
- Organized category selection on home page
- Free to use web browser
User Interface Screenshots
The steps below show how to install Puffin TV on a Fire TV Stick 4K. However, these steps will also work on the Fire TV and Fire TV Cube.
If you are using an Android TV Box, NVIDIA SHIELD, Mi Box, etc. Puffin TV is available within the Google Play Store, but has been experiencing issues within these devices as of late. We recommend using a different web browser on these devices at the moment.
For the installation of Puffin TV on our Firestick 4K we will be using both Downloader and the alternative app store Aptoide TV.TROYPOINT Tip: You should always use a VPN to protect your identity and security when streaming free movies and TV shows with apps such as this.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: This technology shall only be used to stream movies or TV shows that fall under the public domain. TROYPOINT does not endorse or promote illegal activity tied to streaming or downloading copyrighted works. The end-user shall be solely responsible for media accessed through any service or app referenced on this Website. Referenced applications/addons are not hosted by TROYPOINT and this guide is for educational purposes only.
Puffin TV APK Installation Guide for Firestick & Fire TV
1. From the Main Menu scroll to hover over Settings
2. Click My Fire TV
3. Choose Developer Options
4. Click Apps from Unknown Sources
5. Choose Turn On
6. Return to the home screen and hover over the Search icon
7. Type in Downloader and click “Downloader” which will appear under keyboard
8. Click Download.
9. Click Open.
10. Select Allow if presented with this prompt.
11. Click OK.
12. Click OK button on remote to open keyboard on your device.
13. Type the following URL in exactly as it is listed here and click Go – troypoint.com/app
14. Wait for the file download to finish
15. Click Install
16. Click Done
17. This will take you back to Downloader. Click Delete
18. Click Delete Again
19. Return to home-screen and under Your Apps & Channels click See All.
20. Scroll down to hover over Aptoide TV and click the Options button (3 horizontal lines).
21. Then click Move to front.
22. Aptoide TV is now moved to the front of Your Apps & Channels.
23. Aptoide TV and wait a few seconds for the application to open.
24. If prompted with this update message click OK.
25. When this message appears click Allow.
26. Once on the home screen of Aptoide TV, click the search icon in the top left.
27. Enter in “puffin” and click Next.
28. Select “Puffin TV – Fast Web Browser.”
29. Click Install.
30. Click Install again.
31. Click Done.
32. Go back to home-screen and under Your Apps & Channels click See All.
33. Locate Puffin TV and click the Options button (3 horizontal lines). Then click Move to front.
34. Puffin TV is now moved to the front of Your Apps & Channels.
35. That’s it! Puffin TV is now successfully installed.
Puffin TV APK Features & Details
Puffin TV is a free web browser APK that works great on the Android TV operating system. Whether you are watching videos, listening to music, or just surfing the internet, Puffin TV checks many boxes of being a quality browser.
Navigating within this web browser is a breeze whether you are using a remote or an air mouse.
When first launching Puffin TV you will instantly notice the user friendly interface, which is one of Puffin TV’s best features.
This web browser also does a nice job of laying out the different categories on the left side of the screen.
These categories consist of: Most Popular, Infotainment, News, Social, Sports, Education, Show Times, and Settings.
Give Puffin TV a try today and let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!
For more tech and streaming tutorials like this one, be sure to sign up for the TROYPOINT Advisor with updates weekly.
This Advisor provides all the best tips to get the most out of your favorite streaming devices and more. Click the link below for your TROYPOINT Advisor Subscription:
Warning! Protect Yourself With A VPN
Most cord-cutters use a VPN and rightfully so.
The free streaming applications, addons, and paid IPTV services that you use are usually hosted on insecure servers.
Without a VPN, your IP Address is being logged.
Your IP Address points back to your location and identity which compromises both your privacy and security.
Your current IP Address is 126.96.36.199 – When you use a VPN, your real IP address will be converted into an anonymous new one.
A VPN will provide you with an anonymous connection to the Internet.
This will prevent your Internet Service Provider, app/addon developers, government agencies, and any 3rd party from logging what you’re accessing online.
The most popular VPN among cord-cutters is IPVanish due to their blazing fast speeds and zero log policy.
Its important to use a VPN that is fast since we are streaming large HD files. Its also crucial to find one that keeps no logs of what their subscribers access while online.
Setting up IPVanish VPN on your streaming device is simple!
Step 1 Register for an IPVanish VPN account by clicking the link below.
This exclusive link provides you with a hefty discount, only available to TROYPOINT visitors like you.
Register for IPVanish Account & Save 57%
Step 2 – Hover over the search icon on your Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube and type in “Ipvanish”
You may also find the IPVanish App in the Google Play Store for those of you who are using Android TV Boxes, phones, and tablets.
Step 3 – Click the IPVanish VPN option that appears.
Step 4 – Click the IPVanish icon under Apps & Games.
Step 5 – Click Download.
Step 6 – Click Open.
Step 7 – Enter your username and password to login. Your username is the email that you used to register for IPVanish service with and your password is automatically generated and emailed to you.
Step 8 – Click Connect button.
Step 9 – Click OK for Connection request if it appears.
Step 10 – You will notice that your IP Address changes along with location of connection. You are now operating anonymously through your device.
Click the Home Button on your remote and the VPN will remain running in the background.
Congratulations! You are now protected by a VPN which means everything that you stream or access through your Firestick or Android TV Box is hidden from the rest of the world.
If you ever need to stop the VPN service, simply re-launch the application and click the DISCONNECT button.
Frequently Asked Questions about Puffin TV
What is Puffin TV?
Puffin TV is a free and popular web browser.
Is Puffin TV legal?
Yes. Puffin TV is 100% legal to install and use. However, you should only browse and stream content that is legal and in the public domain.
Is Puffin TV safe?
Yes, Puffin TV is completely safe to use.
What devices can Puffin TV be installed on?
Puffin TV is compatible and works the best with devices that run Android OS. This includes: Amazon Fire TV, Firestick, Fire TV Cubes, Kindle Fire Tablet, Nvidia Shield, and other Android TV Boxes.