The following guide will provide you with instructions to install the Best Browser for Android TV devices.
This browser is called TV Bro and is working great on Android TV Boxes such as the NVIDIA Shield, MECOOL KM3, and other devices running Android TV OS.
We also tested the TV Bro browser on the Chromecast with Google TV, which we provide installation instructions for as well.
TV Bro is quickly becoming a popular web browser and as of this writing is working great!
If using an Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, or any Fire TV device, you find steps for installing TV Bro later in this tutorial.
TV Bro Android Browser Highlights
- Optimized for Android TV OS
- Free to use web browser
- Simple navigation and user-interface
- Easy Settings configuration
- Smooth video playback
- Works on all Android TV devices running Android OS
- Quick page loading and rendering speed
- Built-in download manager
- Voice search support
- Support for tabs and bookmarks
TV Bro Browser Screenshots
The steps below show how to install TV Bro Browser on an NVIDIA Shield, Chromecast with Google TV, and an Amazon Firestick 4K. These steps will also work on any device running Android TV OS.
Since TV Bro is not available within the Amazon App Store or Google Play Store, we will be using the Downloader app to side-load this browser.
How to Install Best Browser for Android TV
In the example below, we are installing the TV Bro Browser on an NVIDIA Shield.
This same process works on any Android TV Box running Android TV OS.
1. From the Main Menu select Google Play Store
2. Within the search box type in “downloader” and click Search
3. Select Downloader by AFTVnews
4. Click Install
5. When Downloader installs, return back to the home screen
6. Once back on the home screen, scroll over and select the favorites icon (plus sign)
7. Click Downloader
8. Place Downloader wherever you prefer on your list of apps
9. When first launching Downloader click Allow
10. Click OK
11. Click the OK button on your remote to open the keyboard
12. Type the following URL in exactly as it is listed here and click Go – troypoint.com/tvbro
- Important Note: this APK file is not hosted by TROYPOINT. This link is pointing to the installation file hosted at archive.org
13. Wait for the file download to finish
14. Click Install
- Note: First you must make sure you have enabled unknown sources for Downloader on your device
15. Click Done
16. This will take you back to Downloader. Click Delete
17. Click Delete Again
18. Return to home-screen and select the favorites icon (plus sign)
19. Select TV Bro
20. Place TV Bro wherever you prefer
21. When first launching TV Bro you are prompted to select a default search engine. For this example we chose DuckDuckGo
22. Click Save
23. That’s it! You have successfully installed the best Browser for Android TV on your device.
If using a Chromecast with Google TV, see the steps below.
How to Install Best Android TV Browser on Chromecast with Google TV
In addition to traditional Android TV devices, the TV Bro Browser also works great on the Chromecast with Google TV.
As seen in our Chromecast Setup Guide, in order to side-load apps on your Chromecast with Google TV, you must enable Developer Options before you can turn on unknown sources.
Follow these steps for how to install TV Bro on a Chromecast.
1. Click Search within the menu
2. Type in “Downloader app” within the search bar and click the search icon.
3. Select Downloader by AFTVnews under Apps
4. Click Install
5. After Downloader finishes installing return back to the home screen on your Chromecast
6. Click Settings
7. Click System
8. Click About
9. Click Android TV OS build approximately 7 times until you see a message that Developer Options have been enabled
10. Go back until you see the Apps menu item, click that
11. Click Security & Restrictions
12. Push the right arrow to move to the right side of the screen where apps are located
13. Turn on unknown sources for the Downloader app
14. Launch the Downloader app and click Allow
15. Click OK
16. Click the search box
17. Enter the following URL – troypoint.com/tvbro and click the Go button
18. Wait for the file download to finish
19. Click Install
20. Click Done
21. Click Delete
22. Click Delete again
23. Return back to the home screen and click See all
24. Hover over TV Bro and hold down the OK button on your remote
25. Click Move
26. Place TV Bro Browser wherever you prefer in your apps
27. Launch TV Bro
28. That’s it! You have successfully installed TV Bro Browser on your Chromecast with Google TV
TV Bro Browser Installation Guide on Firestick/Fire TV
Note: Since the TV Bro Browser is optimized for Android TV devices, we recommend using the Amazon Silk Browser on a Firestick/Fire TV for better performance.
However, if you want to install TV Bro on a Firestick/Fire TV, we’ve put together a guide below.
1. From the Main Menu scroll to hover over Settings
2. Click Device or My Fire TV
3. Choose Developer Options
4. Click Apps from Unknown Sources
5. Choose Turn On
6. Return to the home screen and hover over the Search icon
7. Type in Downloader
8. Select the Downloader app
9. Click Download.
10. Click Open.
11. Select Allow if presented with this prompt.
12. Click OK.
13. Click the search box
14. Type the following URL exactly as it is listed here – https://troypoint.com/tvbro and click Go
- Important Note: this APK file is not hosted by TROYPOINT. This link is pointing to the installation file hosted at archive.org.
15. Wait for the file to download
16. Click Install
17. Click Done
18. This will return you to the Downloader App. Click Delete (This will remove the installation file for more space on your device)
19. Click Delete again
20. Hold down the home button on your remote then click Apps to access your apps and channels.
21. Hover over TV Bro and hold down the Options button (three horizontal lines). Then click Move to front or wherever you prefer to place this app.
22. That’s it! You have successfully installed the TV Bro Browser on your Firestick/Fire TV.
For better navigation within TV Bro on a Firestick/Fire TV device, we suggest looking into Firestick Remote Alternatives.
TV Bro Browser Features & Details
TV Bro is a free web browser that works great on the Android TV operating system and makes a perfect alternative to Puffin.
Whether you are listening to music, watching movies/tv shows, or just surfing the internet, TV Bro is a solid web browser.
TROYPOINT has created several popular lists for the best streaming websites that can be accessed using TV Bro or any other browser on your streaming device.
- Free Movie Websites
- TV Show Streaming Sites
- Free Sports Streaming Sites
- Live TV Streaming Sites
- Putlocker Alternative Sites
- Soap2Day Alternatives
- Afdah Alternatives
- KissCartoon Alternatives
- Primewire Alternatives
- Anime Streaming Sites
- KissAnime Alternatives
- Best Free Movies on YouTube
- Torrent Sites
- CouchTuner Alternatives
- Project Free TV Alternatives
The categories within TV Bro consist of Favorites, Download manager, Settings, Refresh, and the navigation bar.
Add Websites to Favorites
1. If you want to add a website to your Favorites within TV Bro, navigate towards the top of your screen and click the Favorites icon (star).
2. Click Add.
3. Click Done.
4. That’s it! You can now add Favorites within the TV Bro browser.
Navigation within TV Bro is a breeze whether you are using a remote or an air mouse.
If you own an Android TV device, give the TV Bro Browser a try today!
Best Browser for Android TV FAQ
What is the best browser for Android TV devices?
TV Bro is a free and popular web browser for Android devices.
Is TV Bro legal?
Yes. TV Bro is 100% legal to install and use. However, you should only browse and stream content that is legal and in the public domain.
Is TV Bro safe?
Yes, TV Bro is safe to use and free of viruses and malware. However since this is a 3rd party application we suggest using a VPN so the app developers can't log what you are watching.
What devices can TV Bro be installed on?
TV Bro is compatible and works the best with devices that run Android OS. This includes: Amazon Fire TV, Firestick, Fire TV Cubes, Kindle Fire Tablet, Nvidia Shield, and other Android TV Boxes.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!