This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!
This in-depth report will provide you with important information that you need to know about TeaTV on Firestick/Fire TV & Android TV Box.
Is TeaTV safe to use? Is TeaTV legal? How do I install TeaTV? We will answer those questions and more in this article.
The reason why we ask legal questions is due to the fact that TeaTV isn’t available in popular app stores such as Amazon App Store or Google Play. This is usually a warning sign.
Since this app can’t be installed through an app store, it must be sideloaded which we illustrate in the screenshot guide below.
TeaTV is an APK streaming application that provides users with numerous free Movies & TV Shows for viewing.
TeaTV offers a wide array of content and features an awesome interface and tons of Categories to choose from.
Not only can you view Movies and TV Shows, but TeaTV also provides some Live TV options.
For these reasons and more we have included TeaTV in our Most Popular APKs list.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: TROYPOINT does not verify if apps, services, or websites hold the proper licensing for media that they deliver. We do not own, operate, or re-sell any streaming site, service, app, or addon. Each person shall be solely responsible for media accessed and should only contain works not protected by copyright. Referenced applications, addons, services, and streaming sites are not hosted or administered by TROYPOINT.
Is TeaTV Safe To Use?
Before we install this, I first want to scan the Android APK installation file with VirusTotal.
Here is the screenshot of what that scan found.
VirusTotal did find one suspicious file within the APK which looks like something pertaining to ad-ware.
We always preach about the importance of using a VPN with questionable applications such as TeaTV.
When we see flagged files in VirusTotal, a trusted VPN is pretty much required to protect your identity and security.
Now, here are the steps that we went through to install through the official TeaTV Website.
TeaTV Installation Process
In order to review this app, the first thing we need to do is install it.
In this report, I will be installing TeaTV on a Fire TV Stick 4K.
However, the same steps can be used to install the app on an Android TV Box, NVIDIA SHIELD, or other devices that run the Android operating system.
We will be installing TeaTV with the free application called Downloader which is available for free install on Fire TV and Android TV devices.
You can also find this app within various Filelinked Codes.
1. Install the Downloader app from your respective App Store (Amazon App Store or Google Play) and enable Unknown Sources within the settings of your streaming device.
If you haven’t done this yet please refer to the following screenshot tutorial for step-by-step instructions.
2. Launch Downloader
3. If prompted, click Allow
4. Click OK for developer notes
5. Select the Browser tab within the left menu.
6. Click the Search box and type the following URL exactly as it is listed here – teatv.net and click Go
- teatv.net is the official website of this app.
7. Scroll down and click TeaTV Android.
8. Click Free download.
Important Note: If using an Android TV device or Chromecast with Google TV, you must first install the Downloader Browser Plugin.
You can do this by typing in “http://browser.aftvnews.com” within the URL box, or viewing that section in our Downloader Tutorial.
9. Wait for the APK file to download.
10. When complete, Click Install
11. Click Done
12. Click Delete.
13. Click Delete again.
14. Launch TeaTV.
15. When prompted with this message click Allow.
16. Click Accept.
17. Choose your preferred Subtitle language. If English is your preferred language just click OK.
18. That’s it! TeaTV is now successfully installed. Enjoy!
TeaTV works great with MX Player which should provide better playback with less buffering and fewer ads.
Integrate MX Player on TeaTV
1. Install MX Player on your streaming device using URL: troypoint.com/mx in Downloader or follow guide below:
2. Open TeaTV, then search for the content you want to play. For this example we used Night of the Living Dead.
3. Click Watch Now.
4. Select “Play with external video player.”
5. Select MX Player.
6. Once you choose MX Player, hover over and click “Always” to set as your default player.
7. That’s it! You can now enjoy using MX Player as your default player.
Get More Video Links with Real-Debrid on TeaTV
As mentioned earlier, TeaTV has the ability to add Real-Debrid for more streaming links.
The following screenshot tutorial will show you how to set up Real-Debrid in TeaTV.
Real-Debrid is an unrestricted downloader that adds high-quality stream options to content on TeaTV. These new sources should provide better playback with less buffering.
Real-Debrid is a premium service that costs approximately $5 per month, which is less than a small popcorn at the movie theater.
1. Register for Real-Debrid Account
2. Scroll over to the left side of the screen until the menu appears.
3. Scroll down and click Setting.
4. Scroll down and select “Login to Real-Debrid.”
5. This screen will then appear. Be sure to remember this code.
6. Open an Internet browser on any device and go to https://real-debrid.com/device and type in code from above and click Continue.
7. Your Real-Debrid application is now approved!
8. Your Real-Debrid status will now say Connected.
9. You will now have access to additional video streams identified in a different colored font with the abbreviation [RD] – these should provide buffer-free playback. Enjoy!
Using MX Player is also popular because it works great for Subtitles. TeaTV has an easy subtitle setup that can be implemented following the instructions below:
1. Once you select a Movie or TV Show choose your preferred streaming source.
2. Once you click on your preferred source, scroll down and click Play with subtitles.
3. Just select the first subtitle option.
4. Your content will now begin to play with subtitles!
5. TeaTV also allows you to change your subtitle font and color if you prefer. On the Home screen scroll down and click Setting.
6. To change your subtitle color, scroll down and select “Change subtitle color.”
7. Change your subtitle color to whichever color you prefer.
8. To change your subtitle size, click back on the remote and select “Change subtitle size.”
9. Select whichever font size you prefer.
For more information about Subtitles and how to set them up for all your streaming apps, check out our Subtitles Resource Guide below:
Trakt Integration With TeaTV
TeaTV also has the option to integrate a trakt.tv account within the app. By using Trakt, you can sync all your favorite shows and films across multiple platforms and devices so you’ll never miss an episode!
Follow the instructions below to setup trakt within TeaTV:
1. Scroll down on the menu and click Setting.
2. Select Login to Trakt.tv.
3. Write down the code provided on the screen.
4. Go to trakt.tv/activate to enter provided code and click Continue.
5. Click Yes.
6. Trakt integration is now complete!
7. Return back to the TeaTV settings and you should now be logged in under your Trakt username.
For more information about Trakt and how to set it up for all your streaming apps, read the complete TROYPOINT Trakt Resource Guide below:
Download Content with TeaTV
Another added feature TeaTV provides is the ability to download Movies and TV Shows within the application.
In the instance below, I am downloading Night of the Living Dead which is one of TROYPOINT’s Best Public Domain Movies.
Use the following steps to download Movies and TV Shows from TeaTV:
1. Find your desired media content and choose a source.
2. Scroll down and click Download.
3. Wait for the file to finish downloading.
4. Once the download is complete, click on the media file.
5. To open downloaded media files with MX Player, scroll down and click MX Player. Then click Always.
6. You can now view your downloaded file!
IMPORTANT: To download files within TeaTV you must make sure there is enough space available.
If you are using a Firestick or Fire TV, you can find your device’s available space using the steps below:
- From the home screen of your device scroll to the right and hover over Settings
- Click Applications
- Hover over Manage Installed Applications
- Your internal space is listed on the right side of the screen
If you do not have a lot of available space, there are a few tricks we can do to add storage:
TeaTV Features & Details
As stated above, upon installing TeaTV you will notice a user-friendly interface full of content.
When searching for and selecting content on a Firestick or Fire TV, it is important to have your mouse toggle feature enabled.
Many functions in TeaTV require this and it will make your experience more enjoyable!
By using these you will have access to tons of high-quality links and can sync your favorite content across multiple platforms.
I highly suggest real-debrid for any streaming app as it will provide you with numerous links in 720 and even 1080p High Definition.
How To Search In TeaTV – after you click the search icon, you go to a page that appears to be blank usually with an ad. Highlight the back button in top left screen which looks like an arrow pointing to the left. Then click the right arrow on your remote and that will place you in the search box. Then, click the OK button to pull open the keyboard.
After selecting a title to view, you will see the option to Watch trailer. This is one of my favorite features of TeaTV as it allows the user to preview content prior to watching.
You will also notice the “Similar Movies or TV Shows” category shown below the description. This is a great way to find related movies or TV shows that might peak your interest.
To play content, simply click the Play button located at the top of the poster of the chosen title.
This will prompt TeaTV to scour for sources and ultimately give you numerous options to choose from. These will vary in quality and size so be sure to select one that works best for you.
After you choose to play, TeaTV provides a few different options for viewing. You can play with subtitles, play with different video players, and even download the content.
The following link lists the Best Public Domain Movies which you can download or stream without any copyright issues.
Is TeaTV Legal?
It’s impossible for TROYPOINT to determine whether these unverified applications hold the proper licensing.
If and when an application is deemed illegal, we notify our users immediately and update reports on our Website to reflect that information.
At first glance, it would appear that TeaTV is distributing copyrighted works without consent.
You will notice in the example above that we used the free public domain movie, Night of the Living Dead as an example. Works such as this are not protected by copyright laws and may be downloaded, streamed, and shared without any legal ramifications.
In conclusion, the end-user is responsible for all content accessed through apps such as TeaTV.
What is TeaTV?
TeaTV is an app available for installation on streaming devices to watch Movies and TV Shows for free.
Is TeaTV legal?
Yes. TeaTV is 100% legal to install and use. However, some content provided may be illegal. To ensure you are not illegally streaming, make sure to only watch Movies and TV Shows in the public domain.
How Do I Download Movies from TeaTV?
To download movies on a Firestick, simply choose your preferred content and select the download option.
What devices can TeaTV be installed on?
TeaTV is available for installation on tons of devices including the Amazon Firestick which is the most popular streaming device available. Users can also download on Android and more.