Get 1,000+ Free Secret Apps on Firestick & Android TV/Google TV
The following tutorial will show you How to Install and Use Launcher Manager on Firestick, Fire TV, & Android TV.
Launcher Manager is a free tool that allows users to customize their device interfaces with ease.
Using the Launcher Manager is one of the best solutions for blocking ads on your device.
With its recent updates, this is a must-have app for those wanting to install custom launchers and more.
Launcher Manager has received a new update that allows you to “remap” the Home Button to launch your preferred application.
This is the best way to use various launchers such as Wolf Launcher or Projectivy on any Firestick/Android TV Device.
Before this update, those who installed custom launchers could not access the launcher by pressing the home button.
However, we can now use Launcher Manager which uses ADB to detect when you press the home button on your remote and open your installed launcher.
This new update also allows users the ability to remap shortcut buttons on Firestick/Fire TV remotes.
We saw this feature blocked by Amazon earlier this year, but luckily, it is back with the latest update to Launcher Manager.
In the guide below, we provide step-by-step instructions to Install Launcher Manager on a Fire TV Stick 4K Max.
We also show how to use the app to enable 3rd party launchers by clicking the home button on your firestick remote.
This also works for those with Android TV Devices such as NVIDIA SHIELD or Chromecast with Google TV.
Continue reading for a step-by-step instructional guide to install and use Launcher Manager on your preferred device.
Table of Contents
Install Launcher Manager on Firestick/Android TV
1. Install the Downloader app from your respective App Store (Amazon App Store or Google Play) and enable Unknown Sources within the settings of your streaming device.
If you haven’t done this yet please refer to the following screenshot tutorial for step-by-step instructions.
2. Launch Downloader.
3. Hover over the URL bar and click the select button on your remote to open the keyboard.
4. Type the Downloader Code for the TROYPOINT Toolbox which is 250931 and click Go.
5. You will then encounter a redirect page.
6. This brings you to the TROYPOINT Toolbox home screen.
7. Scroll down and select Launcher Manager for Firestick.
(Those using an Android Device should choose Launcher Manager for Android TV)
8. Click Install.
9. You will then encounter Launcher Manager Ready to launch! message. Click to Open.
Continue reading for important instructions regarding how to use launcher manager with 3rd party launchers.
How to Use Launcher Manager
After installing Launcher Manager, we can now access the app for setup with various launchers and more.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to use Launcher Manager with the Wolf Launcher which is also available in the TROYPOINT Toolbox.
However, this will also work for other Custom Launcher including Projectivy, Leanback Launcher, and more.
1. Open Launcher Manager and select Launcher Options.
2. Scroll down to select Home Button Hook.
3. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you don’t already have ADB Debugging enabled it will prompt you to do so. Click the toggle to Always allow from this computer and click OK.
4. Turn Home Button Hook to ON.
5. Click Use ADB for Home to turn the Hook State to ON.
6. Click back to return to the Launcher Manager main menu and select Launcher Options.
7. Choose Custom Launcher Options.
8. Click Active launcher:
9. Select Wolf Launcher or other launcher you have installed on your device.
10. You will then see “Wolf Launcher is now the Custom launcher” message.
11. Click the Home Button on your remote and the launcher will now launch as your home screen.
Launcher Manager – Features & Details
As mentioned previously, Launcher Manager is a great tool for those wanting to use custom launchers on their Fire TV & Android TV devices.
This free tool is easy to install on any Android-powered device and currently works great!
If you are having issues with missing app icons or ads, try installing the Launcher Manager on your Android device today!
For more information on Launcher Manager, you can visit the official developer forum.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Launcher Manager?
Launcher Manager is a free tool that allows Firestick & Android TV users to customize their device interfaces with ease.
What devices can Launcher Manager be installed on?
Launcher Manager can be installed on Firestick/Fire TV, Chromecast with Google TV, NVIDIA Shield, and any device that runs Android OS.
Is installing a Custom Launcher Safe?
Yes. Installing a custom launcher is safe and will not harm your device.
Is installing a Custom Launcher Legal?
Yes. Installing and using Launcher Manager is 100% legal. However, a VPN is recommended since customer launchers are created by 3rd party developers.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, visitors will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our fans. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you! Learn more on my Affiliate Disclaimer page.