Get 1,000+ Free Secret Apps on Firestick & Android TV/Google TV
The following tutorial will show you How to Remap Firestick Remote Shortcut Buttons with the Launcher Manager application.
Firestick and Fire TV devices are the most popular media devices today for many reasons including their low price point and “jailbreaking” abilities.
Each firestick purchase includes a provided Firestick remote that features tons of streaming capabilities.
The newest variations of Firestick and Fire TV remotes are equipped with built-in “shortcut” buttons for quick access to various applications.
These one-click buttons will immediately launch popular apps such as Netflix, Prime Video, Peacock, Hulu, and more.
Luckily, an update to the popular Launcher Manager Application has brought this feature back to customize shortcut buttons on your Firestick remote.
NOTE: This tutorial only works for Firestick remotes that feature shortcut buttons including the Alexa Voice Remote Pro.
Customizing shortcut buttons is a fabulous way to quickly access your favorite applications with the click of a button.
You can even remap the Home Button on your remote which is perfect for those who use 3rd Party Launchers.
In this guide, we are using a Fire TV Stick 4K Max with Alexa Voice Remote Pro.
However, this will also work for any variation of Firestick or Fire TV device that features a remote with shortcut buttons.
How to Remap Firestick Remote Shortcut Buttons
In this guide, we will “remap” an Alexa Voice Remote Pro that features Prime Video, Netflix, DirecTV, and Peacock as shortcut buttons.
We are going to remap these buttons to access Surfshark VPN & Downloader App instead of Prime Video & Netflix.
You may notice that the screen quickly flashes to the original shortcut app, however, it quickly closes and launches the new “remapped” app.
In order to do this, we must first install Launcher Manager. Continue reading for instructions to remap app buttons on Firestick & Fire TV.
1. Install the Downloader app from your respective App Store (Amazon App Store or Google Play) and enable Unknown Sources within the settings of your streaming device.
If you haven’t done this yet please refer to the following screenshot tutorial for step-by-step instructions.
2. Launch Downloader.
3. Hover over the URL bar and click the select button on your remote to open the keyboard.
4. Type the Downloader Code for the TROYPOINT Toolbox which is 250931 and click Go.
5. You will then encounter a redirect page.
6. This brings you to the TROYPOINT Toolbox home screen.
7. Scroll down and select Launcher Manager for Firestick.
8. Click Install.
9. You will then encounter Launcher Manager Ready to launch! message. Click to Open.
10. From the main menu of Launcher Manager, select Launcher Options.
11. Select Home Button Hook.
12. Click Home Button Hook to turn Hook State to ON.
13. Make sure ADB Hook State is set to ON.
14. Turn Shortcut Button Hook to ON.
15. Select Shortcut Button 1 or the preferred shortcut button you wish to remap.
16. Select your preferred app. (We have chosen Surfshark VPN)
17. You will now see Shortcut Button 1 enabled to launch Surfshark upon clicking.
18. You can now test to see if it is working by clicking the top right button on your remote.
Surfshark begins to launch!
19. Return to Launcher Manager and select Shortcut Button 2 and choose your preferred application. (We have selected Downloader)
You can continue to edit Shortcut Button 3 and 4 if you prefer.
Remap Buttons on Firestick Remote Details & More
Using Launcher Manager to edit your firestick remote shortcut buttons is a fabulous tool to take advantage of.
However, this is not the only use for Launcher Manager which was built to access custom 3rd party launchers.
Our Launcher Manager guide linked at the top of this tutorial will provide you with step-by-step instructions for installing and using Launcher Manager for your preferred launcher.
This allows users the ability to edit the Home Button on a Firestick remote to launch various launchers including Projectivy, Wolf Launcher, and more.
For more in-depth tutorials regarding Firestick devices, Streaming Apps & APKs, and more, be sure to sign up for the TROYPOINT Advisor with updates weekly.
Click the link below for your TROYPOINT Advisor Subscription.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you edit Firestick Remote buttons?
Yes. You can easily reassign shortcut buttons on a firestick remote.
How do I remap buttons on a Firestick remote?
The guide above provides step-by-step instructions to remap Firestick remote buttons to their preferred app.
Can I purchase a new Firestick remote with buttons?
Yes. Users can purchase Alexa Voice Remotes that have pre-configured buttons and sync the remote to your Firestick or Fire TV.
Which Firestick device is the best?
All variations of Firestick work fabulously for streaming media, however, the Fire TV Stick 4K Max is currently the most popular option available.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you! Learn more on my Affiliate Disclaimer page.
Today's Most Popular TROYPOINT Video
Get Free 1,000+ Secret App Guide