POST HAS NOW BEEN UPDATED TO INCLUDE THREE DIFFERENT OPTIONS ON HOW TO UPDATE KODI ON FIRE TV AND FIRESTICK – MY FAVORITE UPDATE METHOD IS OPTION #1 SINCE YOU DON’T NEED A COMPUTER – CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE!
Now that you have Kodi installed on your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, you will need to know how to update Kodi on Fire TV. This is important so you will be able to update without re-installing everything such as Kodi addons, skins, settings, etc.. There will be numerous updates to Kodi in the future so it is important to learn how to update Kodi on Fire TV.
Updating Kodi on a Fire TV or FireStick is a simple process that will take under five minutes by using one of the tutorials below.
I have provided thee options on how to update Kodi on Fire TV or Fire TV Stick below and you should choose the option which works best for you. In my opinion, the first option is the easiest and most reliable in the future as it will only take one click to complete. Also, with this method, we are only relying on one application and that is Downloader, which you can download for free from Amazon App Store. Downloader is a free application that you can download through the Fire TV app store. If you have problems finding Downloader when you perform a search, be sure that you are searching under the category of Apps and not TV Shows & Movies.
The video tutorials listed below will provide you with a more detailed outline on the step-by-step instructions. Each of the options listed below will allow you to retain all of your Kodi settings and addons.
Have you supercharged your Fire TV or FireStick yet? Be sure to get my free bonus videos and guide that have been downloaded over 200,000 times. Simply fill out the form at the top of this page or use one of the orange buttons on this page to sign up for this free guide. You will learn how to use the best Kodi addons, build your own home media server, eliminate buffering, and so much more.
IMPORTANT 1 – PLEASE READ!! – IF YOU ARE UPDATING TO A COMPLETE NEW VERSION SUCH AS GOING FROM 16.1 TO 17.4, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT ANY UPDATE PROCEDURE WILL WORK SINCE YOU ARE DEALING WITH A NEW MAJOR SOFTWARE VERSION. WHEN UPDATING TO A NEW VERSION NUMBER SUCH AS GOING FROM 16.1 TO 17.4, I WOULD SUGGEST DOING A CLEAN INSTALL OF KODI.
IMPORTANT 2: BEFORE YOU UPDATE KODI FROM JARVIS TO KRYPTON, MAKE SURE THAT YOU SWITCH YOUR SKIN BACK TO CONFLUENCE, WHICH IS THE DEFAULT KODI SKIN. IF YOU ARE USING A SKIN THAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH KODI 17.4 KRYPTON, YOU WILL GET A BLACK SCREEN WHEN YOU LAUNCH KODI AND YOU WILL NEED TO REINSTALL. TO CHANGE YOUR SKIN GO TO SETTINGS/APPEARANCE/SKIN/CLICK YOUR SKIN NAME AND THEN SWITCH TO CONFLUENCE.
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS, SIMPLY UNINSTALL THROUGH FIRE TV SETTINGS / APPLICATIONS / MANAGE APPLICATIONS / KODI AND CLICK UNINSTALL. AFTER YOU HAVE UNINSTALLED, THEN REINSTALL KODI AND THEN ADDONS. SEE MY REINSTALL VIDEO BELOW.
YOU CAN USE MY FREE SUPERCHARGE GUIDE FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON INSTALLING THE BEST ADDONS. YOU CAN GET GUIDE VIA FORM AT TOP OF PAGE
EASIEST METHOD! – Option #1 – How To Update Kodi On Fire TV Or FireStick With Downloader
Watch the entire video below for complete details without missing any steps.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to install a VPN on your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick. More than likely, your Internet Service Provider is blocking or throttling Kodi addons, wizards, builds, and Android Applications. A VPN will protect your privacy and provide unrestricted access to Kodi and other apps.
How To Reinstall Kodi After Failed Update
1. Go into Fire TV or FireStick Settings / Device or System / Developer Options and turn on Apps from Unknown Sources if it isn’t already on.
2. Search for Downloader with search function at top of screen on Fire TV or Stick. Install Downloader.
3. Add the following url in the box – http://troypoint.com/kodistable and click the “Download” button.
4. Click the Install button at bottom of screen that asks if you wan to update Kodi on your Fire TV or Stick.
5. Launch Kodi and ensure your addons and settings have been saved.
Option #2 – How To Update Kodi On Fire TV or FireStick With 1 Click, ES Explorer, & No Computer
Be sure to watch entire video for complete details on every step. Although this is a video on how to perform a fresh installation, this same method will update Kodi on the Fire TV/Stick as well.
Don’t forget to run a VPN on your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick. More than likely, your Internet Service Provider is watching what you are downloading and streaming. A VPN will protect your privacy. Click here for tutorial on installing VPN onto your Fire TV or Stick.
1. Go into Fire TV or Fire TV Stick Settings / System / Developer Options and turn on Apps from Unknown Sources if it isn’t already on.
2. Search for ES File Explorer with search function at top of screen on Fire TV or Stick. Install ES File Explorer
3. Add the following source within the Download Manager – http://troypoint.com/kodistable.
4. The new version of Kodi will be downloaded to the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick.
5. Go through installation process.
6. Launch Kodi and ensure your addons and settings have been saved.
Option #3 – How To Update Kodi On Fire TV or FireStick With AppStarter, Downloader, & Without Computer
Don’t forget to run a VPN on your Fire TV or Stick. More than likely, your Internet Service Provider is watching what you are downloading and streaming. A VPN will protect your privacy. Click here for tutorial on installing VPN onto your Fire TV or Stick.
1. Turn on apps from unknown sources by going into Fire TV or Fire TV Stick Settings / System / Developer Options. You will see a toggle in there where you can turn this option on.
2. Search for Downloader in Amazon App Store by using search button at top of screen. Install Downloader
3. Type the following URL into the address box within Downloader – http://troypoint.com/as
4. Install AppStarter and launch it
5. Go into AppStarter settings and under the update section, update Kodi.