Supercharge Your Fire TV / Stick
Install The Best Kodi Addons With 1 Click
- Enjoy thousands of FREE movies, tv shows, live streams, etc.
- Use proven buffering techniques to ensure smooth playback.
- Learn how to access blocked Kodi addons, builds, and wizards
Over 100,000 Fire TV Owners Have Used This Free Guide!
POST HAS NOW BEEN UPDATED TO INCLUDE FOUR DIFFERENT OPTIONS ON HOW TO UPDATE KODI ON FIRE TV AND FIRESTICK – MY FAVORITE UPDATE METHOD IS OPTION #1 SINCE YOU DON’T NEED A COMPUTER – CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE!
Now that you have Kodi installed on your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, you will need to know how to update Kodi on Fire TV. This is important so you will be able to update without re-installing everything such as Kodi addons, skins, settings, etc.. There will be numerous updates to Kodi in the future so it is important to learn how to update Kodi on Fire TV.
Updating Kodi on a Fire TV or FireStick is a simple process that will take under five minutes by using one of the tutorials below.
I have provided four options on how to update Kodi on Fire TV or Fire TV Stick below and you should choose the option which works best for you. In my opinion, the first option is the easiest and most reliable in the future as it will only take one click to complete. Also, with this method, we are only relying on one application and that is Downloader, which you can download for free from Amazon App Store. Downloader is a free application that you can download through the Fire TV app store. If you have problems finding Downloader when you perform a search, be sure that you are searching under the category of Apps and not TV Shows & Movies.
The video tutorials listed below will provide you with a more detailed outline on the step-by-step instructions. Each of the options listed below will allow you to retain all of your Kodi settings and addons.
Have you supercharged your Fire TV or FireStick yet? Be sure to get my free bonus videos and guide that have been downloaded over 70,000 times. Simply fill out the form at the top of this page or use one of the orange buttons on this page to sign up for this free guide. You will learn how to use the best Kodi addons, build your own home media server, eliminate buffering, and so much more.
IMPORTANT 1 – PLEASE READ!! – IF YOU ARE UPDATING TO A COMPLETE NEW VERSION SUCH AS GOING FROM 16.1 TO 17.3, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT ANY UPDATE PROCEDURE WILL WORK SINCE YOU ARE DEALING WITH A NEW MAJOR SOFTWARE VERSION. WHEN UPDATING TO A NEW VERSION NUMBER SUCH AS GOING FROM 16.1 TO 17.3, I WOULD SUGGEST DOING A CLEAN INSTALL OF KODI.
IMPORTANT 2: BEFORE YOU UPDATE KODI FROM JARVIS TO KRYPTON, MAKE SURE THAT YOU SWITCH YOUR SKIN BACK TO CONFLUENCE, WHICH IS THE DEFAULT KODI SKIN. IF YOU ARE USING A SKIN THAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH KODI 17.3 KRYPTON, YOU WILL GET A BLACK SCREEN WHEN YOU LAUNCH KODI AND YOU WILL NEED TO REINSTALL. TO CHANGE YOUR SKIN GO TO SETTINGS/APPEARANCE/SKIN/CLICK YOUR SKIN NAME AND THEN SWITCH TO CONFLUENCE.
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS, SIMPLY UNINSTALL THROUGH FIRE TV SETTINGS / APPLICATIONS / MANAGE APPLICATIONS / KODI AND CLICK UNINSTALL. AFTER YOU HAVE UNINSTALLED, THEN REINSTALL KODI AND THEN ADDONS. SEE MY REINSTALL VIDEO BELOW.
YOU CAN USE MY FREE SUPERCHARGE GUIDE FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON INSTALLING THE BEST ADDONS. YOU CAN GET GUIDE VIA FORM AT TOP OF PAGE
EASIEST METHOD! – Option #1 – How To Update Kodi On Fire TV Or FireStick With Downloader
Watch the entire video below for complete details without missing any steps.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to install a VPN on your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick. More than likely, your Internet Service Provider is blocking or throttling Kodi addons, wizards, builds, and Android Applications. A VPN will protect your privacy and provide unrestricted access to Kodi and other apps.
How To Reinstall Kodi After Failed Update
1. Go into Fire TV or FireStick Settings / Device or System / Developer Options and turn on Apps from Unknown Sources if it isn’t already on.
2. Search for Downloader with search function at top of screen on Fire TV or Stick. Install Downloader.
3. Add the following url in the box – http://troypoint.com/kodistable and click the “Download” button.
4. Click the Install button at bottom of screen that asks if you wan to update Kodi on your Fire TV or Stick.
5. Launch Kodi and ensure your addons and settings have been saved.
Option #2 – How To Update Kodi On Fire TV or FireStick With 1 Click, ES Explorer, & No Computer
Be sure to watch entire video for complete details on every step.
Don’t forget to run a VPN on your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick. More than likely, your Internet Service Provider is watching what you are downloading and streaming. A VPN will protect your privacy. Click here for tutorial on installing VPN onto your Fire TV or Stick.
1. Go into Fire TV or Fire TV Stick Settings / System / Developer Options and turn on Apps from Unknown Sources if it isn’t already on.
2. Search for ES File Explorer with search function at top of screen on Fire TV or Stick. Install ES File Explorer
3. Add the following source as a Favorite and name it http://troypoint.com/sc and name it troypoint.
4. Click the link in your favorite menu to launch troypoint ES File Explorer download page.
5. Click the link on the page to download Kodi. Then, click “Open File” Do not click “Open Folder”.
6. After you click “Open File”, you will see the Kodi apk file. Navigate to this file and click it.
7. Go through installation process.
8. Launch Kodi and ensure your addons and settings have been saved.
Option #3 – How To Update Kodi On Fire TV or FireStick With AppStarter, ES Explorer, & Without Computer
Don’t forget to run a VPN on your Fire TV or Stick. More than likely, your Internet Service Provider is watching what you are downloading and streaming. A VPN will protect your privacy. Click here for tutorial on installing VPN onto your Fire TV or Stick.
1. Turn on apps from unknown sources by going into Fire TV or Fire TV Stick Settings / System / Developer Options. You will see a toggle in there where you can turn this option on.
2. Search for ES File Explorer in Amazon App Store by using search button at top of screen. Install ES File Explorer
3. Go into Favorites within ES File Explorer and add the following favorite to the list – http://fireunleashed.com/as Name the favorite whatever you would like, in this example, I will name it “fire”.
4. Open the favorite by clicking it within the dropdown list.
5. Click the AppStarter install link with your Fire TV remote and install the application.
6. Go into AppStarter settings and under the update section, update Kodi.
Option #4 – How To Update Kodi On Fire TV or Fire TV Stick With Google Drive & ES Explorer
I suggest watching video as instructions are more detailed an easier to follow along.
1. Create/open your Google Drive account by logging onto www.google.com/drive This is a free cloud storage service offered by Google.
2. Create a folder under your Google Drive account called “APKs”. This is where we will place the Kodi APK that you will download into the next step.
3. Go to www.kodi.tv/download and download the current “Arm” version of the Android release. You can simply save this to your desktop.
4. Go back into your Google Drive account and double click the folder that you created early titled “APKs”. You will now be inside this folder.
5. Click the “New” button on the left side pane. Browse to your desktop and choose the Kodi apk that you downloaded in Step #3. Go ahead and upload this file to your Google Drive Account.
6. Go into your Fire TV/Stick and search for ES File Explorer at top of the screen. Install ES File Explorer
7. On the left side pane, scroll down until you see the option that reads “Cloud”. It will be located under the “Network” heading. If you don’t see it right away, you may need to hover over the “Network” heading and click it to expand that menu.
8. After you have clicked “Cloud”, scroll all the way to the bottom bar and click the + New button.
9. Choose “Gdrive” from the options and enter your email address and password that your Google Drive account is associated with. Be sure to watch video above for specific details on this step.
10. After your account has been added, click your Google Drive icon that should show up under the “Cloud” option which is located under the “Network” heading.
11. Navigate to your “APKs” folder and click the Kodi apk file that you uploaded in Step #5.
12. Go through the installation process of that file and open Kodi once it has finished and you should see that your settings and addons have been retained.