This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!
This tutorial will show you how to add Fire TV applications to home screen. Now that the new Fire TV and Fire TV Stick user interface has arrived on all models of this device, it is important to know how to arrange your apps to your liking.
Upon first glance of your Fire TV home screen, you may wonder where all of your applications are located since they are not all listed in one place.
Most of us would like to move the applications that we use on a regular basis to the front of the list under the category “Your Apps & Games”.
You may also want to get rid of the some of the applications that are being displayed under the “Recent” heading that is also present on the home screen.
This is a simple process that will only take a few seconds for each task.
How To Add Fire TV Applications To Home Screen Guide
- Hold down on the home button on the remote until a new screen appears.
- Click the Apps icon.
- A new screen will appear that displays all of the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick applications that are loaded onto your device. Highlight the app that you would like to move.
- Once the app has been highlighted, click the options button on your remote which is the button with three horizontal lines on top of one another.
- From here you can either move the application to the beginning of the list or place where you would like it to be by using the arrows on your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick remote.
- If you would like to remove applications from the “Recent” category on the front page, highlight the application that you want to remove, click the options button, and then click remove from recent.
Note: The applications that I am moving within the video tutorial above are not available within the Amazon App Store. You can use the links below to learn how to install these important applications.
Get my free guide on how to supercharge your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick
This free guide with bonus videos has been downloaded by over 800,000 Fire TV/Stick owners