The following step-by-step tutorial will show you How To Delete Apps on Firestick.
Deleting apps on an Amazon Firestick is a common question among TROYPOINT visitors.
Luckily, this is an easy process that will take less than a minute.
By deleting or uninstalling Firestick Apps you can free up more space on your device for easier use.
This will let you add applications or download content that previously might not have been possible.
Deleting apps on your Firestick/Fire TV is one of the methods highlighted in our guide on How to Stop Firestick Buffering.
When deleting apps, you will find that not all of them are able to be removed. Amazon pre-installs certain applications that users cannot get rid of.
Many of these are tools or other devices that allow your Firestick or Fire TV to operate smoothly.
Many Amazon Firestick/Fire TV users “jailbreak” the device to sideload 3rd party applications, and deleting unused apps over time will help the device run smoothly.
Follow the steps below which will show you How To Delete Apps on a Firestick/Fire TV.
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Delete Apps on Firestick/Fire TV
- 2 How To Delete Apps on Firestick FAQ
How To Delete Apps on Firestick/Fire TV
Below you will find screenshot guides for deleting apps on your Amazon Firestick or Fire TV.
1. Hover over the Settings icon and select Applications.
2. Click Managed Installed Applications.
3. Choose any app you want to delete and click it. For this example, we are deleting Filelinked.
4. Click Uninstall.
5. Click Uninstall again when this message appears.
6. Wait a few seconds for the app to delete.
7. That’s it! you have successfully deleted an app on your Firestick/Fire TV.
TROYPOINT TIP: For the quickest way to side-load the most popular streaming apps and tools, check out our FREE TROYPOINT Rapid App Installer below.
Home Button Method
Another way to delete apps on your Firestick/Fire TV is by holding down the home button on your remote and accessing apps from there.
Follow the quick steps below on how to delete apps using this method.
1. Hold down the home button on your remote and click Apps.
2. Locate and hover over the app you want to delete from your device. Then click the Options button.
3. Scroll down and choose Uninstall.
4. Click Uninstall again.
5. That’s it! You have successfully deleted apps on your Firestick/Fire TV using the home button method.
File Manager Method
Another way to delete apps on your Firestick/Fire TV is through a file manager like ES File Explorer, X-Plore File Manager, and others.
This can be efficient for deleing a large number of apps at once. Follow the screenshot guide below for more information.
1. Install ES File Explorer or any file manager on your device. For this example, we are using ES File Explorer.
2. Launch ES File Explorer.
3. Click Library within the left menu.
4. Scroll down and select App.
5. Hover over the app you want to delete.
6. A green checkmark will appear on the selected app.
7. Navigate down and click Uninstall within the bottom menu.
8. Click OK.
9. That’s it! You now know how to delete apps on your Firestick/Fire TV using a file manager.
Removing apps on your Firestick/Fire TV frees up precious space on your Amazon Device.
Oftentimes users are looking to Expand Firestick Storage and deleting apps is one of the quickest ways to do this.
Often times by removing unused or unwanted apps, you will notice a boost in the performance of your Firestick.
Should you reinstall apps again, take note that unverified apps are not allowed by the Amazon App Store for installation and require side-loading onto your device.
Because side-loading apps are done without using the official app distribution method, a VPN is recommended for your protection.
For other popular Firestick/Fire TV guides, check out the links below.
- How to Setup Amazon Firestick/Fire TV
- How to Cast to Firestick/Fire TV
- Firestick Remote Guide
- How to Install Kodi on Firestick
If you own an Amazon Firestick/Fire TV, we suggest deleting apps you don’t use to clear up space and boost performance!
How To Delete Apps on Firestick FAQ
How do you Delete Apps on Firestick?
Deleting apps on a Firestick/Fire TV is a simple process that takes less than a minute within the device settings. Follow this step-by-step tutorial to delete apps on your Firestick/Fire TV.
Will Deleting Apps on a Firestick Increase Performance?
Yes. Deleting apps will free up internal storage space and increase device performance.
Does Deleting Apps on Firestick Reduce Buffering?
Yes. Deleting apps on your Firestick/Fire TV is one of the best methods to help stop Firestick buffering.
What are the Benefits of Deleting Apps on a Firestick/Fire TV?
Deleting apps on your Firestick/Fire TV will free up internal storage, help reduce buffering, and improve your overall user experience.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!