This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!
This step-by-step guide will provide you with instructions on How to Install Vudu on Firestick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cubes.
Vudu is an online video on demand (VOD) streaming service that provides users access to thousands of Movies and TV Shows.
Unlike many other online streaming services, Vudu does not require a monthly subscription fee.
Instead of paying a monthly fee, Vudu users can pay for Movies or TV Shows individually that you can either rent or own. Prices for renting vary from $0.99 to $5.99, while buying content can range from $4.99 to $24.99.
This is a plus for those who only want to pay for the Movies and TV Shows they want. Vudu also offers special rates for renting and purchasing content on a continued basis.
For these reasons and more, we have included Vudu within our Best Firestick Apps list.
Its content library can be rented and streamed with several supported devices. As of this writing, Vudu is compatible with the following:
- Android TV Boxes (NVIDIA Shield, Mi Box, etc.)
- Apple TV
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4
- Smart TVs (LG, Samsung, Vizio, etc.)
- Web browsers such as Chrome and Firefox
For more information on the service and available content, check out the official Vudu site below.
Because Vudu is not in the Amazon App Store, we will need to side-load the application using Downloader. If you are using an Android TV Box, NVIDIA SHIELD, Mi Box, etc. Vudu is available within the Google Play Store.
The steps below show how to install Vudu on a Firestick 4K. However, these steps will also work on the Fire TV and Fire TV Cubes.
Vudu on Firestick/Fire TV Installation Guide
1. From the Main Menu scroll to hover over Settings
2. Click My Fire TV
3. Choose Developer Options
4. Click Apps from Unknown Sources
5. Choose Turn On
6. Return to the home screen and hover over the Search icon
7. Type in Downloader and click “Downloader” which will appear under keyboard
8. Select the Downloader app
9. Click Download
10. Click Open
11. Click Allow
12. Click OK
13. Type the following URL in exactly as it is listed here and click Go – http://reviewdork.com
14. You will then be redirected to this site. Scroll down until you see the Vudu application.
15. Hover over and click on “VUDU for Fire TV.”
16. Hover over and click on the “Download Installation File” option.
17. The Vudu APK file will then begin to download. Wait a minute or two.
18. Select Install.
19. Click Done.
20. Next click Delete. This will remove the installation file that is not needed.
21. Click Delete again.
22. Return to the Home screen and under Your Apps & Channels click See All.
23. Scroll down to hover over Vudu and click the Options button (3 horizontal lines). Then click Move to front.
24. Vudu is now moved to the front of Your Apps & Channels.
25. That’s it! The Vudu app is now successfully installed on your Fire TV device.
When first launching the Vudu app, you will be prompted to either Sign Up or Sign In if you already have an existing account.
How to Sign Up for a Vudu Account
Signing up for a Vudu account is a breeze. You can either sign up through the Vudu app or on their Official Website. Follow our short guide below on how to register for a Vudu account through the Firestick application.
1. Launch the Vudu app on your device and click Sign Up.
2. Enter in your Email and Password. Then click Continue.
3. This screen will then appear. As instructed, check your email on a different device for a welcome message from Vudu.
4. Click the image within your welcome email from Vudu, and you will arrive to the Vudu website.
5. Click Sign In on the upper right part of the screen.
6. Enter in your email and password that you created in step 2.
7. That’s it! You have now officially signed up for a Vudu account. Notice your email is now displayed in the upper right of the screen.
8. It’s important to note that prior to renting/buying any Movies or TV Shows, you will be required to enter in payment information within your account settings.
Vudu Features & Details
The Vudu app on Firestick presents a great user interface and easy navigation. There are plenty of popular Movies and TV Shows that are available for rent/purchase.
The categories to choose from within the Vudu app include: My Vudu, New Trailers, Movie Genres, TV Genres, Showcases, More Movies On Us, and Help and Settings.
NOTE: Although Vudu is a popular application for Movies and TV Shows, it can become expensive over time if you are renting/buying frequently. TROYPOINT recommends using other APKs that provide free Movies and TV Shows. Check out our guide below.
For the latest news and tutorials in the tech and streaming world, be sure to sign up for the TROYPOINT Advisor with updates weekly.
This Advisor provides all the best tips to get the most out of your favorite streaming devices and more. Click the link below for your TROYPOINT Advisor Subscription:
Give the Vudu app on Firestick a try today and let us know your thoughts in the comment section!
Warning! Protect Yourself With A VPNMost cord-cutters use a VPN and rightfully so.
The free streaming applications, addons, and paid IPTV services that you use are usually hosted on insecure servers.
Without a VPN, your IP Address is being logged.
Your IP Address points back to your location and identity which compromises both your privacy and security.
Your current IP Address is 184.108.40.206 – When you use a VPN, your real IP address will be converted into an anonymous new one.
A VPN will provide you with an anonymous connection to the Internet.
This will prevent your Internet Service Provider, app/addon developers, government agencies, and any 3rd party from logging what you’re accessing online.
The most popular VPN among cord-cutters is IPVanish due to their blazing fast speeds and zero log policy.
Its important to use a VPN that is fast since we are streaming large HD files. Its also crucial to find one that keeps no logs of what their subscribers access while online.
Setting up IPVanish VPN on your streaming device is simple!
Step 1 Register for an IPVanish VPN account by clicking the link below.
This exclusive link provides you with a hefty discount, only available to TROYPOINT visitors like you.
Register for IPVanish Account & Save 73%
Step 2 – Hover over the search icon on your Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube and type in “Ipvanish”
You may also find the IPVanish App in the Google Play Store for those of you who are using Android TV Boxes, phones, and tablets.
Step 3 – Click the IPVanish VPN option that appears.
Step 4 – Click the IPVanish icon under Apps & Games.
Step 5 – Click Download.
Step 6 – Click Open.
Step 7 – Enter your username and password to login. Your username is the email that you used to register for IPVanish service with and your password is automatically generated and emailed to you.
Step 8 – Click Connect button.
Step 9 – Click OK for Connection request if it appears.
Step 10 – You will notice that your IP Address changes along with location of connection. You are now operating anonymously through your device.
Click the Home Button on your remote and the VPN will remain running in the background.
Congratulations! You are now protected by a VPN which means everything that you stream or access through your Firestick or Android TV Box is hidden from the rest of the world.
If you ever need to stop the VPN service, simply re-launch the application and click the DISCONNECT button.