This article provides a step-by-step guide that will show you how to install the Peacock TV App on Firestick/Fire TV, Android, Roku, and iOS devices.
Peacock TV is a streaming service that hosts NBC’s original programming as well as movies and sports specials.
As of this writing, Peacock TV is currently compatible with the following streaming devices:
- Firestick/Fire TV
- Android devices
- Apple TV
- Xbox One
- LG Smart TVs
- Vizio Smartcast
- Xfinity Flex 4k
Although we cover Roku devices on this Website, we don't recommend them due to their closed system. We recommend the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K due to its low price and ability to easily Jailbreak it which will allow for free movies, TV shows, live channels, sports, games, and more.
With a standard plan, you are able to stream this service on 3 devices simultaneously.
Peacock TV currently offers 3 different plans: Free, Peacock Premium, and Peacock Premium Plus.
As seen in the image below, Peacock Premium costs $4.99/month and Peacock Premium Plus costs $9.99/month. There is also a 7-Day Free Trial available for these plans.
For more information on plan details, pricing, and more, we suggest viewing the official Peacock website.
Because of its library of quality content and device compatibility, we have included Peacock TV within our popular lists below:
- Best Firestick Apps
- Best Movie Streaming Sites
- Free IPTV Apps
- Best Live TV Streaming Sites
- Best Firestick Channels
- Afdah Alternatives
- Project Free TV Alternatives
For those unfamiliar with Live TV services or IPTV, these streaming services offer live TV channels at a set time delivered over the internet.
To stream live TV, you need a high-speed and stable internet connection, streaming devices such as smart TV or Amazon Firestick, and a subscription to a streaming service.
Viewers can watch the latest news, sports, sitcoms, and other entertainment channels on an affordable subscription-based service without the hassle of cable.
You can also install a digital antenna should your live TV provider offer no over-the-air TV networks such as CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC, and PBS.
For more information on Live TV (IPTV), best streaming services, devices, and more, I highly recommend viewing our IPTV Guide below.
We have also included Peacock TV as one of our Best Streaming Apps.
TROYPOINT TIP: The fastest way to install Peacock on Firestick and tons of other streaming apps and tools is with the TROYPOINT Rapid App Installer:
Peacock TV Available in the United States Only.
Unfortunately, using a VPN for Firestick doesn’t help this situation due to the fact that they’ve blocked VPN usage.
Table of Contents
- 1 Peacock TV Screenshots
- 2 What is Peacock TV?
- 3 How To Install Peacock on Firestick/Fire TV
- 4 How to Install Peacock TV App on Android Devices
- 5 How To Install Peacock on Roku
- 6 How to Install Peacock TV App on iPhone
- 7 How to Register for Peacock TV
- 8 In What Regions is Peacock TV Available?
- 9 What Programs are Available on Peacock TV?
- 10 How Much Does Peacock Cost?
- 11 What Type of User Interface will Peacock TV Feature?
- 12 Peacock on Firestick FAQ
Peacock TV Screenshots
What is Peacock TV?
NBC has joined the premium video streaming service market through Peacock TV, named after the network’s colorful, flamboyant bird logo.
This service will feature a ton of programming options from NBC’s original shows and more.
This upcoming over-the-top subscription on-demand streaming service will also host NBCUniversal’s shows plus content from Dreamworks Animation, Focus Features, Universal Pictures, and its other owned 42 television stations such as Telemundo.
Most recently, Peacock TV has now added the WWE Network to its already stacked lineup.
How To Install Peacock on Firestick/Fire TV
There are two methods to install Peacock on Firestick/Fire TV. We can install via the Amazon App Store or by sideloading onto our device.
It was recently announced that Peacock TV is Now Available on Fire TV Devices!
Install Peacock on Firestick – Amazon App Store
1. From the home screen, hover over Find and select Search
2. Search for and select Peacock
3. Find and choose the Peacock App
4. Click Get
5. You will then encounter “Ready to launch” message.
6. Click to open the app
Peacock on Firestick Video Tutorial
The video tutorial is recommended as it provides important details that the screenshot guide does not cover.
Install Peacock on Firestick – Sideload
The app we will use to install Peacock on Firestick is called Downloader and is available for all Firestick and Fire TV Devices.
The following steps will show you how to install Peacock TV on the Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite. However, these steps will also work for any version of Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube.
Use the guide below to install Peacock on Firestick or Fire TV Device:
1. Install the Downloader app from your respective App Store (Amazon App Store or Google Play) and turn on Apps from Unknown sources in the settings of your streaming device.
If you haven’t done this yet please refer to the following screenshot tutorial that demonstrates this simple process.
2. Launch Downloader.
3. Click Allow.
4. Click OK.
5. Place your cursor in the URL box and click the OK button on your remote to open the keyboard.
6. Type the following URL exactly as it is listed here – https://troypoint.com/peacock and click Go
- Important Note: this APK file is not hosted by TROYPOINT. This link is pointing to the installation file hosted at archive.org
7. Wait for the file to download
8. Click Install
9. Click Done
10. When prompted, click delete to remove the installation file and free up space on your device
11. Click Delete again
12. Return to your device home-screen and under “Your Apps & Channels” choose See All
13. Scroll down to hover over Peacock TV and click the Options button on your remote (3 horizontal lines)
14. Choose Move to front
15. We can now launch the app and Sign in with our previously made account. Enjoy!
How to Install Peacock TV App on Android Devices
Besides installing Peacock on Firestick, users can also download the app on Android TV devices.
In the example below, we are installing the Peacock TV app on an NVIDIA Shield.
However, this same process works on all Android devices including stock Android TV Boxes. Follow this quick guide below to install on any Android device.
1. On the home screen of your Android device, locate and select the Google Play Store.
2. Click the search icon on the top left.
3. Enter in “Peacock TV” in the search bar and click Search.
4. Click Peacock TV
5. Click Install
6. Wait for the app to install
7. You can open the app if you prefer, but we suggest returning back to the home screen of your Android device
8. Click the plus icon (+) to add Peacock TV to your Favorites
9. Select Peacock TV
10. Launch the Peacock TV app
11. That’s it! When launching Peacock TV on your Android device you can either select Sign In or Sign Up to Start Watching
How To Install Peacock on Roku
It was recently announced that Peacock is Now Available on Roku Devices!
This guide shows how to install Peacock TV on a Roku Streaming Stick+. However, these steps will also work for any variation of Roku.
1. From the home screen click the search option
2. Type “peacock tv”
3. Click the first option
4. Choose Add channel
5. Click OK
6. Return to the home screen and locate your channels
7. Choose Move channel
8. Move and drop Peacock at the top of your Channels list
9. Click to launch the Peacock TV channel
10. That’s it! You have successfully installed the Peacock TV channel on your Roku device. You are then prompted to either Sign up or Sign in with your existing account.
Enjoy! We have included Peacock within our list of Best Roku Channels.
How to Install Peacock TV App on iPhone
1. Open the Apple App Store and select Search on the bottom menu
2. Enter “peacock” within the search bar
3. Locate the Peacock TV app and select GET
4. Click Install
5. Wait a few seconds for the app to install
6. Click Open to launch the app
7. Peacock TV will launch
8. That’s it! You have successfully installed Peacock TV on your iPhone.
How to Register for Peacock TV
Prior to using the Peacock TV service, you will need to register for an account. There a few different options available including a free version.
Follow the quick steps below to sign up for a free account.
1. Register for a Peacock TV account if you haven’t done so already – CLICK HERE to sign up for free.
2. Once on the Peacock website, click Start Watching Now.
3. Next on the Create an account page, fill out the required information and click Create Account.
4. You are then redirected to a Welcome to Peacock page. Click Start Watching to get started.
5. That’s it! You can now start streaming content within Peacock TV for free.
6. Even with a free account, you can stream Movies, TV Shows, and Live Channels.
That’s it! You have successfully registered for a Peacock TV account.
Note: You will receive a confirmation email after registering with your account information. I suggest saving this information, as you will need this when logging in.
See our guides below for how to install the Peacock TV app on Android devices and iPhone.
Important Note: Prior to streaming content from Peacock TV, you will want to make sure your VPN is turned OFF. We received the following notification when testing Peacock TV with our VPN on.
You can also use VPN Split Tunneling to access Peacock TV without having to fully disconnect from your VPN.
In What Regions is Peacock TV Available?
Currently, NBC has announced that this service is limited to United States customers only. No plans of offering it to other regions have been released.
What Programs are Available on Peacock TV?
With Peacock on Firestick or another streaming device, you will have access to the following titles and more:
NBCUniversal’s arsenal of classic and recent top-rated shows will delight Peacock’s subscribers such as:
- 30 Rock
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Chicago Med
- Downton Abbey
- Everybody Loves Raymond
- Friday Night Lights
- The Real Housewives
- Will & Grace
- Law and Order
- Saturday Night Live
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians
Parks and Recreation and The Office, which are currently available on Netflix, won’t be available on Peacock until October 2020 and January 2021, respectively.
Aside from NBC’s classic and recent TV series, it will also launch reboots of its past shows, which include Saved by the Bell, Battlestar Galactica, and Punky Brewster. Access to these is planned to be limited to Peacock subscribers only.
Saturday Night Live will also be available – all 44 seasons of the late-night live television sketch comedy show. This means you can watch the original 1975 cast and the rest of its 153 cast members to date.
Late-night shows such as The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and Late Night with Seth Meyers are also available for Peacock Premium subscribers a few hours before they debut on NBC.
For the first year of Peacock, viewers will also be treated to more than 600 movies produced by Illumination, DreamWorks and Universal such as Jurassic Park, American Pie, Jaws, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, and franchises such as Jason Bourne, Fast and Furious series and Shrek.
Peacock offers news content from CNBC, MSNBC, Sky News, NBC News Now, and same-day broadcasts of shows by Lester Holt and Chuck Todd.
It will also feature a new channel, NBC Sky World News, Comcast’s English-language channel scheduled to go live this summer.
Clips from Today, MSNBC, E! News, Meet the Press, NBC Nightly News and CNBC will also be available.
The 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics will be broadcast live by NBC and will be available on Peacock.
Coverage includes the opening and closing ceremonies, live sports events, mid-day highlights (Tokyo Daily Digest), as well as nightly recaps (Tokyo Tonight).
On August 25, the Tokyo Paralympics will also get exclusive coverage on Peacock.
Soccer fans will also be treated to Premier League events too.
Plus, curated genre channels will also be available such as SNL Vault, Olympic Profiles, and Family Movie Night.
How Much Does Peacock Cost?
Peacock is available in three packages.
As its name implies, is offered at no cost to US-based subscribers. They can access up to 7,500 hours of programming.
New episodes of NBC shows will be broadcast the following day.
Included in this tier are NBC’s classic TV shows, sports and news programming, and a selection of Spanish-language shows from Telemundo.
Subscribers will also be treated to Peacocks’ upcoming original shows but will be limited to a few episodes only.
This package is ad-supported but NBC has announced that only 5 minutes of ads will be shown for every hour of programming.
This plan comes at no charge for Comcast and Cox cable TV subscribers to access more than 15,000 hours of content.
However, this package is ad-supported so if they want to get rid of the ads, users can pay $4.99 per month.
Then there is Peacock Premium Plus for $9.99/month which includes all of Peacock Premium’s features without the ads.
As mentioned previously, you will notice there are 7-Day Free Trials available for both of the premium plans.
What Type of User Interface will Peacock TV Feature?
Peacock TV users will be able to search for content in three ways: Channels, Trending, and Browse sections.
You will also notice the different categories available which include TV Shows, Movies, Kids, News, Sports, and Latino.
As they scroll through each program, a live video will automatically play in the background.
In the Channels section, an EPG will be displayed that can make it easier for them to navigate through different channels.
The Trending section presents clips from sports, TV shows, and other content.
Finally, in the Browse section, users will be able to view two rows: Continue Watching and Watchlist.
The former displays thumbnails of past shows they’ve watched and a bar that indicates where they’ve left off.
For Watchlist, recommendations are displayed based on Comcast’s advanced machine learning algorithms.
If you own a supported device, I suggest giving this new streaming app a try today!
Want more than just Peacock on Firestick?
Did you know that you can sideload free streaming applications onto your Firestick or Fire TV that aren’t available in the Amazon App Store?
Check out our free guide below that will allow you to unleash the true power of your streaming device.
Peacock on Firestick FAQ
How can I watch Peacock TV?
Peacock TV is available on media streaming and smart devices. Compatible devices include Firestick/Fire TV, Apple TV, iPhone, Android, Chromecast, Xbox One, LG Smart TVs, and others.
Does Peacock TV require a Cable Connection?
No. It is offered on a subscription-based plan.
Is Peacock TV Free?
Although there is a Peacock Free option, there are also premium plans available for purchase. This includes the Peacock Premium plan for $4.99 per month and Peacock Premium Plus for $9.99 per month. Both of these premium plans do include free trial options.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!