This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!
This step-by-step tutorial will show you how to install Downloader on Android TV Box, phone or tablet.
This tutorial will show you how to install it on stock Android devices where it isn’t available in Google Play Store.
The Downloader app is available within the Google Play App Store on devices running the true Android TV Operating System such as the NVIDIA SHIELD.
If you’re using a Fire TV Stick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, NVIDIA SHIELD, or any device running Android TV, you can install this directly through your respective app store. This tutorial is meant for those of you with Android TV Boxes, phones, and tablets running stock Android where Downloader isn’t available in your app store.
Important: Most of you are NOT running the Android TV operating system. Most Android TV Boxes are running stock Android and not Android TV, there is a big difference.
The browser feature does not currently work very well on Android TV Boxes running the stock Android OS. I will show you how to complete the same task through Chrome browser in the video below.
As of this article, Downloader already has over 7 million users and is one of the most popular applications within the Amazon App store.
How To Install Downloader On Android TV Box Tutorial
TROYPOINT Tip: Click pause button on video player between each step so you can keep up.
If you currently have Downloader installed and it isn’t working properly, uninstall and reinstall with the following video.
The following are general steps to complete this process.
You should watch the video above for important details.
- Go into Settings and turn on Unknown Sources for Chrome Browser or any browser that you are using to download with.
- Open Chrome Browser and type the following URL into the address bar troypoint.com/dl
- You will notice that the APK install file will download to your device.
- Open the File Explorer on your system, go to Download folder, and click the Downloader APK file to install it.
- You may be prompted to allow Unknown Sources for each app that can install and you should do this for each one.