Over 50,000 People Have Used This Free Guide & Videos!
Supercharge Your Fire TV / Stick Free Guide With 3 Bonus Videos
How To Leverage The Power Of Free Kodi Addons & Secret Settings
- Install the best Kodi addons with the push of a button.
- Use proven buffering techniques to ensure smooth playback.
- Setup a VPN for secure streaming & avoid throttling from your Internet service provider
- Install your own home media server with FREE software.
- Enjoy thousands of FREE movies, tv shows, live streams, etc.
This tutorial will show you how to install a browser on a Fire TV or Stick. This guide will give you the option of choosing from four various browsers; Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Android.
In response to my popular guide on How To Install VPN On Fire TV Or Stick, I received a ton of emails on how to install a browser since I use one in that video to verify my ip address after connecting to the VPN service.
One of the downfalls of the Fire TV and Stick is that you can’t install many of the applications that you would normally be able to on an Android TV Box and this is one of them. Installing a browser will provide many benefits and one of them is the ability to download Android applications that aren’t in the Amazon Fire TV App Store. You can simply use the browser to go directly to the Web page that hosts the download file and install directly from that location. That is just one of many useful scenarios.
As with many Android Applications that we sideload, this is one of them where you will benefit from having a wireless keyboard/mouse combo. You will see in my video tutorial below that the Android browser will work fairly well with the Amazon Fire TV remote but the other three browsers don’t work very well.
If you plan to purchase a wireless keyboard, my favorite is the Rii i8+ BT Mini Wireless Bluetooth Backlight Touchpad Keyboard with Mouse. This is a Bluetooth device that will pair with both the Fire TV and Fire TV Stick. It will also work nicely with an Android TV Box and it comes with a Bluetooth dongle in case your device doesn’t support that technology.
How To Install Browser On Fire TV Or Stick Tutorial
I strongly suggest that you watch the entire video below since I cover each step in detail. The steps in text below the video are general steps and do not cover the specific details.
- On your Fire TV or Stick go to Settings / Device or System / Developer Options and turn on Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Click the search button and download and install the free application called Downloader.
- You may use any of the shortcuts listed below to install your browser of choice. In the video tutorial, I use the Android Browser since it works best with the Fire TV Remote. If you use one of the other three browsers, it is suggested that you use a wireless keyboard/mouse combo.
- Android Browser – http://troypoint.com/browser
- Google Chrome Browser – http://troypoint.com/chrome
- Firefox Browser – http://troypoint.com/firefox
- Opera Browser – http://troypoint.com/opera
- After inputting shortcut of choice click the Download button. After application has downloaded, click the install button.
- Open the browser on your Fire TV or Stick and make sure it is working properly.
Important Note: Internet service providers are starting to block or throttle access to Kodi addons, wizards, builds, and Android streaming apps. Also, your Internet service provider is keeping logs of your Internet activity. Below, you will find a link to a tutorial that will provide instructions on how to setup a VPN on a Fire TV or Stick.