Get 1,000+ Free Secret Apps on Firestick & Android TV/Google TV
This in-depth report on the Wutu Kodi Addon will provide you with everything you need to know about this add-on on Firestick, Fire TV, Android TV Box, or any other device.
Is Wutu safe to use? Is Wutu Kodi Addon legal? How do I install Wutu Kodi Addon? We will answer those questions and more in this article.
The reason why we ask legal questions is due to the fact that Wutu isn’t available in Kodi’s official repository. This is oftentimes a warning sign.
Since this add-on can’t be installed through the official Kodi repository, it must be installed from an external provider which we display in the screenshot guide below.
Wutu is a video addon with Movies and TV Shows that requires some setup for streaming.
It is a fork or clone of the popular Venom addon that is no longer available for installation.
Wutu uses Real-Debrid or other debrid services to provide streaming links directly to your preferred device.
For these reasons and more, it is considered one of the Best Kodi Addons by TROYPOINT.
Note: If you do not have Kodi on your device, you can install the latest release using our guides below:
Below you will find a screenshot guide to installing Wutu on your Kodi device. We are using an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K.
This is the most popular Kodi device due to its low price and ability to unlock it for unlimited streaming.
These same steps also work for those using the Firestick Lite, 3rd Gen Fire TV Stick, Fire TVs, Fire TV Cube, and any Fire TV device.
This process also applies to those using Android devices such as the NVIDIA SHIELD, MECOOL Boxes, Chromecast, Android TV Boxes, phones, tablets, and more.
Table of Contents
- Is this Kodi Addon Safe to Use?
- Wutu Kodi Addon Installation Guide
- How to Use Real-Debrid Within Wutu
- Wutu Kodi Addon Description & Details
- Is Wutu Kodi Addon Legal?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Is this Kodi Addon Safe to Use?
Before I install this, I first want to scan their repository URL with VirusTotal.
Here is the screenshot of the scan results.
VirusTotal did not find one suspicious file or malware within the Wutu repository URL.
However, we should always protect ourselves when streaming content from this unverified 3rd party add-on.
Kodi even alerts us during setup that these 3rd party Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on our device.
The best way to protect yourself when using Wutu is with IPVanish VPN.
IPVanish will provide you with an anonymous connection while streaming or downloading while using questionable add-ons such as this.
Now, here are the steps we went through to install the Wutu Kodi Addon through their repository.
Wutu Kodi Addon Installation Guide
- Launch Kodi
- Click the settings icon
- Click System
- Hover over Add-ons menu item and turn on Unknown sources if not already on
- Read this important Warning prior to proceeding.
Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on your device!
This is why it is so important running IPVanish VPN if you’re going to use a 3rd party addon such as Wutu.
IPVanish VPN won’t allow these 3rd party addons to gain access to your personal data.
- Click back on remote to go back to the System page
- Select File Manager
- Click Add source
- Click <None>
- Type the following URL exactly how it is listed here – https://ezra-hubbard.github.io/ and click OK
- This is the official website that hosts this repository URL
- Highlight the box under the source that you just typed in and enter a name for this media source, type any name you would like to identify this source as and click OK again
- Click your back button on the remote or keyboard until you are back on the System screen
- Choose Add-ons
- Click Install from zip file
- Choose wutu or another name you assigned the media source in the previous step
- Click the zip file URL – repository.ezra-0.0.1.zip
- You will then encounter Ezra Repository Add-on installed message
- Click Install from repository
- Then select the Ezra Repository
- Choose Video Add-Ons
- Click Wutu
- Click Install
- When prompted, click OK
- Wait for the “Wutu Add-on Installed” message to appear
- Return back to the home screen of Kodi and click Add-ons. Then choose Wutu.
- Installation of the Wutu Kodi addon is now complete!
Continue reading to learn how to set up Wutu for access to Movies & TV Shows.
How to Use Real-Debrid Within Wutu
To get the best streaming results with Wutu, using Real-Debrid will bring the highest quality links for a buffer-free experience.
For those new to Real-Debrid, this is an unrestricted downloading service that will alleviate buffering for Kodi add-ons and streaming apps.
Follow the short guide below for integrating Real-Debrid within the Wutu Kodi add-on.
1. First you must register for a Real-Debrid account if you don’t have one already.
2. Launch Wutu Kodi Addon
3. Scroll down and click Tools.
4. Click My Accounts Settings.
5. Within the Debrid Accounts menu on the left, scroll down and select Authorize under Real-Debrid.
6. This screen will appear. Write down the code provided.
7. Open an Internet browser on another device and go to the following page – https://real-debrid.com/device.
Then enter the code from the previous step and click Continue.
8. Your Real-Debrid application is now approved!
9. Return back to Wutu and you will notice a Real-Debrid “Authorization Successful” message appear on the top of your screen. Then click OK.
That’s it! Enjoy premium streaming links on Wutu with Real-Debrid.
Wutu Kodi Addon Description & Details
Wutu is a powerful Kodi addon with tons of VOD content available for streaming.
These streams are provided extremely fast which is one of the reasons it is listed as one of the best Kodi add-ons.
The categories available within this addon include Discover Movies, Discover TV Shows, My Movies, My TV Shows, Tools, Search, and Premium Services.
With real-debrid integrated, users will find that Wutu provides hundreds of HD links including 1080p and 4K.
Trakt users can also implement this service within Wutu to help sync and “scrobble” your content across numerous platforms.
After making a selection, you will find a unique interface with numerous links to choose from.
Overall, Wutu is an awesome Kodi addon that works fabulously on all devices including the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k.
Is Wutu Kodi Addon Legal?
It’s impossible for TROYPOINT to determine whether these unverified addons/apps hold the proper licensing.
If and when an add-on is deemed illegal, we notify our users immediately and update reports on our Website to reflect that information.
At first glance, it would appear that Wutu is distributing copyrighted works without consent.
Users can always access titles that are available for free in the public domain.
Works such as this are not protected by copyright laws and may be downloaded, streamed, and shared without any legal ramifications.
In conclusion, the end-user is responsible for all content accessed through add-ons such as the Wutu Kodi Addon.
For 100% legal and verified free streaming options, we suggest our list of free movie/TV show apps below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install the Wutu Kodi Addon?
This guide provides installation instructions for the Wutu Kodi addon that is not available within Kodi’s official repository.
Is this Kodi Addon legal?
Yes. This addon is legal, however, not all content within the addon is legal. Make sure you are only accessing films and shows within the public domain.
What is the difference between a Kodi addon and build?
A kodi build encompasses numerous Kodi addons, wizards, and more into one for an all-inclusive streaming experience.
Should I use IPVanish VPN with Kodi Addons?
Yes. We always recommend connecting to IPVanish VPN with any unverified Streaming App or addon to protect your data and privacy.