The tutorial below will show you How to Install Plex Kodi Addon using a step-by-step guide.
The Plex Media Server software is an excellent solution for managing movies, tv shows, music, family videos, pictures, and more from a central location.
For those of us who use Kodi on a regular basis, it is nice having the ability to use Plex within the same application.
Plex is one of the most popular media libraries available today, as the software is used by millions across the globe.
I have created a tutorial for those of you who want to setup a Plex Media Server, and you can find that by clicking the link below.
By using Plex you are able to play your media in any location where you are connected to the Internet which includes your smartphone!
Plex also allows you to share your media libraries with friends and family which allows for fun collaboration.
If you use Plex AND Kodi, this is a great way to use this platform within Kodi for all-inclusive streaming.
The Plex Kodi addon works fabulously on all popular devices including the Amazon Firestick 4k, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, NVIDIA Shield, and Android TV Boxes.
Follow the steps below to install the Plex add-on on your Kodi device.
Important Note: If you receive a “failed dependency error,” just try installing another add-on within our Best Kodi Addons list and it should work.
If that doesn’t work, check out the link below for more information.
How to Install Plex Kodi Addon Guide
- Launch Kodi
- Scroll to and select the Add-Ons menu item
- Click the small “open box” icon at top left side of page under the “Add-ons heading”
- Click Install From Repository
- By default you are now in the Kodi Add-On Repository. Then select Video add-ons
- Choose Plex
- Click Install
- Kodi will then prompt the message below stating “The following additional add-ons will be installed”, Click OK
- Wait for Plex add-on installed message to appear
- Return back to the home screen of Kodi and select add-ons
- Choose Video add-ons
- Select Plex
- Installation of the Plex Kodi Addon is now complete! To use your Plex account click Sign In.
- Visit the following URL to link your Plex account – https://plex.tv/link
- Sign in to your Plex account if prompted
- After signing in you are redirected to this screen
- Enter in the code from the previous step then click Link
- Your Plex account is now linked!
- Return back to Kodi, and you are now able to use the Plex Kodi Addon!
Plex Kodi Addon Description
With the Plex Kodi Addon installed on your device, you can now access your custom libraries with the click of a few buttons!
Besides Kodi, the Plex application is also available for installation on the following devices:
- Android devices
- Google Chromecast
- Apple TV
- Xbox One
- Windows PC
For more information on Plex you can view their official website below.
For other great Kodi alternatives I suggest viewing our best Kodi Addons list below, which we update weekly.
If you are a Plex user, give the Plex Kodi Addon a try today!
Plex Kodi Addon FAQ
Is the Plex Kodi Add-on legal?
Yes. It is not illegal to install and use this Kodi add-on.
Should I use a VPN with the Plex Kodi addon?
A VPN such as IPVanish is always encouraged when installing any 3rd party Kodi addons and repositories. This will ensure your privacy and anonymity when streaming.
Can Plex Kodi addon be installed on firestick?
Yes. Follow the step-by-step instructions above. This tutorial was done using an Amazon Firestick 4K.
What's the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi repository?
A repository is a file that stores numerous Kodi addons and more for installation. Usually you are required to install a repository to install a Kodi addon or build.
What's the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi build?
You can think of a Kodi build as a bundle of the best add-ons, repositories, and a customized skin that you can install with one click.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!