This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!
This step-by-step tutorial guide will show you How To Install Crunchyroll App on Firestick/Fire TV, Roku, Android, iPhone, and more.
Crunchyroll is one of the world’s most popular brands when it comes to anime. As of this writing, they own the largest collection of licensed anime through shows, manga, games, and much more.
The company explained the service on its website:
“Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans in more than 200 countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.”
Although there is plenty of free content available, Crunchyroll offers three different premium plans on a monthly subscription basis.
You will notice the three premium plans below: Fan, Mega Fan, and Ultimate Fan. There are also 14-Day Free Trials available for each plan.
Crunchyroll is available in the Amazon App Store, Google Play Store, Roku Channel Store, Apple App Store, and more. Use each guide below to install on your preferred device.
Due to its huge library and easy to install applications, we have included Crunchyroll within the following lists:
- Best Firestick Apps
- Best Anime Streaming Sites
- KissAnime Alternatives
- KissCartoon Alternatives
- 4Anime Alternatives
How To Register for Crunchyroll
Although signing up for an account on Crunchyroll is not required to view content, it is still recommended for a better experience.
Creating an account is free, but as mentioned previously, there are paid options available for premium content.
1. Visit the Crunchyroll Website and click Login on the top menu.
2. You will then be directed to the login page. Here you will sign up for a free account.
3. Fill out the required information and select Create Account.
4. That’s it! You have successfully created a free account within Crunchyroll. You can now browse the different free options within the service.
How To Install Crunchyroll App on Firestick/Fire TV
This guide will show you how to install Crunchyroll on an Amazon Firestick 4k. However, this guide will also work on any Fire TV device.
If you are using an Android device, simply use the Google Play Store to install Crunchyroll.
1. From your device home-screen hover over the search icon and type in “Crunchyroll” and select the highlighted option
2. Select the Crunchyroll app under Apps & Games
3. Click Get
4. Wait for installation to finish
5. After installation, you can choose to open the Crunchyroll app. But for this example, we suggest holding down the home button on your remote
6. Choose Apps
7. Hover over the Crunchyroll app and select Move
8. Place the Crunchyroll app within your Apps & Channels wherever you prefer
9. Launch Crunchyroll
10. That’s it! You have successfully installed the Crunchyroll app on your Firestick/Fire TV device. You can now either choose Log in, Start Free Trial, or Skip and Explore.
11. When choosing Skip And Explore, notice how you can now stream content for free without signing up for an account.
If you have a Roku device, follow along using the guide below to install on your Roku Streaming Device.
How To Install Crunchyroll App on Roku
1. Launch your Roku device and select Search
2. Enter in “Crunchyroll” within the search bar
3. Click the first Crunchyroll option that appears
4. Click Add channel
5. Wait a few seconds for the Crunchyroll channel to be added to your Roku device.
6. Click OK when this message appears
7. Return back to your Roku home screen and locate Crunchyroll within your channel list
8. If you want to move your channel towards the top select Move channel
9. Click the OK button on your remote to place Crunchyroll where you prefer.
10. Launch Crunchyroll
11. That’s it! You have successfully installed the Crunchyroll app on your Roku device.
12. Similar to the Firestick, feel free to select the “Skip And Explore” option and start streaming free anime content without an account!
We have also included Crunchyroll within our list of Best Roku Channels.
How To Install Crunchyroll App on iPhone
1. Open the Apple App Store and select Search on the bottom menu. Then Enter “Crunchyroll” within the search bar.
2. Locate the Crunchyroll app and select GET
3. Click Install
4. Wait a few seconds for the Crunchyroll app to install
5. Click Open to launch the Crunchyroll app
6. Crunchyroll will launch
7. Click Don’t Allow or OK depending on your preference.
8. That’s it! You have successfully installed the Crunchyroll app for iPhone. Once on the Crunchyroll main screen you can either select Log In or Create Account.
Crunchyroll Description & Details
Crunchyroll can be best described as a publisher, distributor, and licensing company focusing on anime and manga content.
They were founded in 2006 and currently provide content for over 70 million registered users across the globe.
Although using the free version of Crunchyroll is ad-supported, the ads are minimal compared to some other streaming sites. This service also plays content quickly and efficiently with NO BUFFERING.
Crunchyroll also provides subtitles, which is especially important for streaming anime content!
Streams within Crunchyroll are available in High Definition, oftentimes played in both 1080p and 720 HD. This is for several anime shows.
In addition to our best Firestick apps list, you can also find Crunchyroll within our Best Streaming Apps page!
For more information on Crunchyroll and the content they provide, I suggest viewing their official website.
For other streaming apps/addons that provide Anime, Movies, TV Shows, and more, check out the following resource guides:
Crunchyroll App FAQ
What is Crunchyroll?
Crunchyroll is a popular streaming platform available for installation on streaming devices such as the Amazon Firestick to watch anime content.
Is Crunchyroll legal?
Yes. Crunchyroll is a verified service and is 100% legal to use.
Is Crunchyroll free?
Yes. Crunchyroll does offer plenty of free content, however, there are paid plans available as well for premium content.
What devices can Crunchyroll be installed on?
Crunchyroll is available for installation on tons of devices including the Amazon Firestick which is the most popular streaming device available. Users can also download on Android, Roku, iPhone, and more.
What types of anime content does Crunchyroll have?
Crunchyroll provides thousands of licensed anime titles, which include shows, movies, games, manga, and much more.