This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!
This tutorial will show you how to setup IPTV on Perfect Player. If you have subscribed to an IPTV service, chances are that you have heard about Perfect Player.
This free application is a great option for those who don’t want to use Kodi to play their IPTV streams.
Important Note: Perfect Player is no longer available in the Amazon App store.
You may install this app by using the Downloader app which we show below.
For those using the Nvidia Shield or Android TV Boxes, Perfect Player is available within the Google Play Store.
Many people have reported better performance with Perfect Player when it comes to using it for their preferred IPTV services.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: TROYPOINT (“us”, “we”, or “our”) does not verify whether app/addon/IPTV developers hold the proper licensing for content that they deliver. We do not own or operate any streaming website, service, app, or addon, and have no affiliation with developers. We do not endorse or promote illegal activity tied to streaming or downloading copyrighted works. The end-user shall only access media that falls under public domain status which isn't protected by copyright. The end-user shall be solely responsible for media accessed through any device, app, addon, or service mentioned on our Website. Referenced applications/addons/services are not hosted or administered by TROYPOINT. We adhere to all valid DMCA takedown requests.
Currently, streaming copyrighted content without consent in the US is a misdemeanor punishable by law.
Once you learn how to use the Perfect Player user interface, you will notice that it may be quicker to navigate than Kodi.
In order to use Perfect Player, you must have both your M3U URL and EPG URL of your current IPTV provider. You will input both of these URLs into the settings panel of Perfect Player to configure it correctly.
When inputting the following URLs into the Perfect Player Settings, you will replace the xxx with your account username and password.
Your IPTV service will hopefully provide similar links and you should be able to find that within the documentation or help forums.
M3U URL – Replace the xxx with your account username and password
EPG URL – Replace the xxx with your account username and password
Once Perfect Player has been configured, you will enjoy a friendly user interface with many options that can be changed within the settings tab.
One of the best features is the ability to mark IPTV channels as favorites within the EPG, which allows for quick channel surfing.
Perfect Player supports both M3U and XSPF playlist formats and most IPTV services use one or the other. It also supports XMTLV and JTV formats for the electronic program guide (EPG).
Perfect Player comes with multi-language support for English, Greek, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Ukrainian.
In this example, we are setting up the Perfect Player app on an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K.
We must side-load this application due to the fact that it isn’t available inside the Amazon App Store.
NOTE: All applications in our Rapid App Installer have been scanned by VirusTotal and are completely virus-free.
Use the steps below to install Perfect Player on your preferred Streaming Device.
How To Install Perfect Player on Firestick & Fire TV
1. Install the Downloader app from your respective App Store (Amazon App Store or Google Play) and turn on Apps from Unknown sources in the settings of your streaming device.
If you haven’t done this yet please refer to the following screenshot tutorial that demonstrates this simple process.
2. Launch Downloader.
3. Click Allow.
4. Click OK.
5. Place your cursor in the URL box and click the OK button on your remote to open the keyboard.
6. Type the following URL exactly as shown here: https://troypoint.com/pp and click Go.
7. Wait for the file to download.
8. Click Install.
9. Click Done.
10. This will take you back to Downloader. Click Delete.
11. Click Delete again.
12. Return to device home-screen and hover over Perfect Player. Hold the options button (3 horizontal lines) and click Move.
13. Then move Perfect Player wherever you want within Your Apps & Channels. We moved it to the front.
That’s it! Perfect Player is now installed on your device. Open the app to set up Perfect Player with your preferred IPTV Service.
How To Setup IPTV within Perfect Player
After app installation is complete, we can open the app and authorize an IPTV Service for use. In the instance below, we are using an IPTV Service.
NOTE: Initializing an IPTV Service within Perfect Player requires an M3U URL. This can usually be found in your IPTV Service welcome e-mail or by contacting customer support.
Follow the steps below to integrate IPTV Service in Perfect Player:
1. Open Perfect Player and click the Settings icon on the far right.
2. Click General.
3. Click Playlist.
4. Enter in your M3U URL that you should have received in your registration email. Then click Next.
Important Note: You will usually have two M3U URLs. One is for the channel listings and one is for the EPG (TV Guide). We will insert the EPG M3U URL in step #8 below.
Most M3U URLs require that you input your service username and password. You will usually see where these go inside the URL as they are indicated by “username=xxxx” & password=xxxx”. You will input your username and password where the x’s are located.
Here is an example of an M3U URL. This is not a real M3U URL but this is how the structure typically looks.
You must ensure that the M3U URLs are typed into the box with no mistakes. One wrong character in the address and this will not work.
5. Then make sure M3U is selected underneath your address. Click OK.
6. You will then notice your M3U URL is now displayed under your Playlist.
7. Next scroll down and select EPG.
8. Enter in your EPG M3U URL that you should have also received in your registration email. Then click Next.
9. Then make sure XMLTV is selected underneath your address. Click OK.
10. You will then notice that both of your M3U URLs are now displayed.
11. Click the back button on your remote a couple times, and you should notice a message in the upper right saying the “Playlist update started.”
12. Once the update is complete you will notice a list of channels appear on the left side of your screen.
- If the channels do not appear, double check that you entered in your M3U URLs correctly in the previous steps.
13. Right away you’ll notice the “All channels” category appear at the top. To switch categories simply click the right or left button on your remote, and you will notice the category change.
14. To view the Electronic Program Guide (EPG), click the Options button on your remote (3 horizontal lines). Then scroll down and select Show EPG.
15. That’s it! You are now able to start viewing.
Add Channels to Favorites
Follow the short guide below on how to add your IPTV channels to favorites within Perfect Player.
1. Launch Perfect Player and locate the channel you want to add to favorites. For this example we chose ABC News.
2. Click the Options button on your remote (3 horizontal lines) then scroll down and select Add to favorites.
3. Your selected channel will then be added to your favorites. to view your favorites, hold down the Options button again then scroll down and select Show favorites.
4. You will then notice that your selected channel is now located within your favorites.
5. To remove a channel from favorites, hover over the selected channel then hold down the Options button on your remote. Then scroll down and choose Remove from favorites.
It is strongly suggested to use a VPN service when streaming from any IPTV service to secure your privacy. Use the links below for popular TROYPOINT VPN tutorials.
Warning! Protect Yourself With A VPN
Most cord-cutters use a VPN and rightfully so.
The free streaming applications, addons, and paid IPTV services that you use are usually hosted on insecure servers.
Without a VPN, your IP Address is being logged.
Your IP Address points back to your location and identity which compromises both your privacy and security.
Your current identifying IP Address is 22.214.171.124 – When you use a VPN, your real IP address will be converted into an anonymous new one.
A VPN will provide you with an anonymous connection to the Internet.
This will prevent your Internet Service Provider, app/addon developers, government agencies, and any 3rd party from logging what you’re accessing online.
The most popular VPN among cord-cutters is IPVanish due to their blazing fast speeds and zero log policy.
Its important to use a VPN that is fast since we are streaming large HD files. Its also crucial to find one that keeps no logs of what their subscribers access while online.
Setting up IPVanish VPN on your streaming device is simple!
Step 1 Register for an IPVanish VPN account by clicking the link below.
This exclusive link provides you with a hefty discount, only available to TROYPOINT visitors like you.
Register for IPVanish Account & Save 76% (EXPIRES SOON)
Step 2 – Hover over the search icon on your Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube and type in “Ipvanish”
You may also find the IPVanish App in the Google Play Store for those of you who are using Android TV Boxes, phones, and tablets.
Step 3 – Click the IPVanish VPN option that appears.
Step 4 – Click the IPVanish icon under Apps & Games.
Step 5 – Click Download.
Step 6 – Click Open.
Step 7 – Enter your username and password to login. Your username is the email that you used to register for IPVanish service with and your password is automatically generated and emailed to you.
Step 8 – Click Connect button.
Step 9 – Click OK for Connection request if it appears.
Step 10 – You will notice that your IP Address changes along with location of connection. You are now operating anonymously through your device.
Click the Home Button on your remote and the VPN will remain running in the background.
Congratulations! You are now protected by a VPN which means everything that you stream or access through your Firestick or Android TV Box is hidden from the rest of the world.
If you ever need to stop the VPN service, simply re-launch the application and click the DISCONNECT button.