The following guide shows How to Use Snapchat on PC and Mac Computers.
Installing Snapchat or any Android application on a Windows PC or Mac computer is possible using an emulator called BlueStacks.
BlueStacks will allow you to install the Most Popular APKs on any Windows PC or Mac computer.
There are other Android emulators similar to BlueStacks but many of them are filled with viruses and malware.
If you’re going to use something other than BlueStacks, I highly recommend scanning the installation file with a tool such as VirusTotal prior to installing.
Below you will find scan results of the BlueStacks installation file:
VirusTotal did not find any suspicious files or malware within the BlueStacks APK file.
However, this does not mean we shouldn’t protect ourselves when installing unverified apps from this software.
The best way to do this is with a VPN that will secure your identity and anonymity when using BlueStacks or other applications.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: TROYPOINT is a tech website that publishes tutorials, news, and reviews. We do not verify if apps, services, or websites hold the proper licensing for media that they deliver. We do not own, operate, or re-sell any streaming site, service, app, or addon. Each person shall be solely responsible for media accessed and we assume that all visitors are complying with the copyright laws set forth within their jurisdiction. Referenced applications, addons, services, and streaming sites are not hosted or administered by TROYPOINT.
Why would you want to install Snapchat and other Android Apps on a Windows PC? There are several reasons for doing this including:
- Enjoy free movies, TV shows, and more through Android Streaming Apps (APKs) on your computer
- Use Windows PC as a Home Theater PC (HTPC) and enjoy both Windows and Android applications on the same system
- Play Android games not available on Windows PC
- Project Android applications and their content to devices through Roku Screen Mirroring and other devices that don’t allow for sideloading
TROYPOINT TIP: We suggest following the video tutorial as it provides important details not found in the screenshot summary.
Below you will find both a detailed video tutorial and a screenshot guide for how to use Snapchat on PC.
How To Use Snapchat On Windows PC – Video Tutorial
Install Snapchat on Windows PC & Mac – Screenshot Guide
1. Open your Internet browser and go to bluestacks.com. Then click the Download BlueStacks button.
2. Once the download completes, click open in the bottom left corner of the screen.
3. When BlueStacks launches click Run. Then click Install now.
4. Wait a few minutes for BlueStacks to download on your Windows PC or Mac.
5. After BlueStacks has finished installing select the Google Play Store icon from the home screen.
6. You must sign in with your Google account to use the Google Play Store in order to install apps from BlueStacks.
7. After signing into Google Play click the search box.
8. Enter in “snapchat” and choose the first option that populates.
9. Click Install.
10. After Snapchat finishes installing click Open.
11. Snapchat will launch on your Windows PC or Mac computer. Click Log in or Sign up.
12. That’s it! You have successfully installed Snapchat on your PC.
BlueStacks Information and Details
BlueStacks in the most popular Android emulator available today.
There are over 130 million people are using this software across the world to run android applications on their Windows PC and Mac computers. Yes, there is a Mac version for Apple enthusiasts as well.
However, it’s important to note that there are some minimum system requirements needed on your Windows PC or Mac computer to successfully run the BlueStacks emulator.
BlueStacks System Requirements:
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7 & Above
- RAM: At least 2GB of RAM
- HDD Storage: 5GB free disk space
- Processor: Intel or AMD Processor
- Up to date graphics drivers from Microsoft or your chip-set vendor
- You must have administrator privileges assigned to your user account on your Windows PC
Overall, we hope this detailed guide helped you install and use Snapchat on PC or Mac computers.
For more tech tutorials, see our most popular TROYPOINT guides below:
How to Use Snapchat On PC FAQ
Can you use Snapchat on PC?
Yes, you can use Snapchat on PC and Mac computers through an Android emulator called BlueStacks.
Is installing Snapchat on Windows PC safe?
Yes, installing Snapchat and other Android apps on a Windows PC is safe if using a trusted emulator such as BlueStacks with the Google Play Store.
Is Installing Snapchat on Windows PC legal?
Yes, installing verified applications such as Snapchat from the Google Play Store is 100% legal.
Are there other Android emulators besides BlueStacks?
Yes, other popular Android emulators for Windows PC include LDPlayer, Android Studio, MuMu, GameLoop, Nox, and others.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!