This article will provide you with the fastest, simplest way to pair firestick remote to your Fire TV device. Many firestick owners experience trouble syncing the provided remote and shown below are a few solutions to fix this problem.
This same tutorial can be used for those who own a Fire TV or Fire TV Cube as well.
If you are unable to get the remote to work properly it could just be a battery issue. Because of it’s impressive streaming capabilities, the Firestick and Fire TV remote uses tons of power and drains batteries extremely quick. If you are experiencing issues with your remote, first try changing the batteries. Installing a brand new set of batteries may be required versus a working set from another device.
If the problem of a non-working remote persists, you will probably have to re-pair the remote. After inserting new batteries, use the guide below to pair Firestick remote to your Fire TV/Stick.
Pair Firestick Remote Guide
1. To turn on your Fire TV/Stick, unplug and plug back in your device.
2. From the home-screen, press and hold down the Home Button on your remote for up to 20 seconds.
3. A message will prompt in the bottom right corner of the screen acknowledging the pairing is complete.
4. If it does not, press and hold the Home button again for up to 20 seconds.
5. Repeat this process until the remote is paired. This may take up to 10 tries.
The process shown above is a guide to pairing the original Amazon Fire TV remote. While this is a great remote that usually works flawlessly, there are many other remotes compatible with the Firestick & Fire TV. TROYPOINT has created a list of Replacement Remotes for Fire TV/Stick that work just as good if not better than the original. If you are looking to pair an additional remote to your device, use the steps shown below:
Pair Alternate Fire TV Remote Guide
1. Make sure Bluetooth option is on if using a Bluetooth remote.
2. Go to Settings and Click Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.
3. Click Other Bluetooth devices.
4. Click Add Bluetooth devices.
5. The Fire TV will now scan for your compatible remote. After found, select the remote and it is ready for use.
Because there is no keyboard provided with Amazon’s firestick remote, many Fire TV users pair alternate remotes for easier use. After extensive research, TROYPOINT has come up with what we believe is the best keyboard for a Fire TV/Firestick. Click the link below for a review and tutorial on the 2018 iPazzPort Mini Bluetooth Keyboard which is what we consider to be the best Fire TV keyboard available.
Use the links provided below for other useful tips and tricks for your Firestick or Fire TV device.