Get 1,000+ Free Secret Apps on Firestick & Android TV/Google TV
Kodi 20.1 has officially been released by the Kodi development team and is now considered the stable version.
The following article shows updates, features, and changes to this software which we have pulled directly from the official Kodi website.
We also provide instructions to update Kodi on any device including Firestick & Android TV Box.
The press release from the official Kodi website states the following on Kodi 20.1 Nexus:
As is always inevitable in software, we are back with a new release of Kodi 20.x “Nexus”.
An assortment of bug fixes, some backports, no real new features. Full changelog since 20.0 on Github, as usual.
IMPORTANT NOTE – TROYPOINT has tested Kodi 20.1 with various 3rd party add-ons and some of them do not work properly.
If you are happy with your current version of Kodi, we suggest you continue using that until updates are made.
Below are the bug fixes and new features pulled directly from the official Kodi Website.
Kodi 20.1 – New Features, Fixes, & Updates
Stable Release Notes
- @fritsch has been working feverishly on Android-related audio issues over the past couple of months, and in combination with @thexai has introduced an algorithm to look to overcome some audio issues particularly aimed at Android devices. A summary is:Algorithm runs for 30 seconds to learn what is going on: during this time no corrections are done, but the internal
m_disconAdjustTimeMsis updated to a new value whenever when the sync error is found to increase. After 30 seconds the learning stops and the final
m_disconAdjustTimeMsis set as:
m_disconAdjustTimeMs * 1.15 + 5.0.With firmware specialities for AudioTrack Write behaviour now kind of “well known” the systematic issue can be worked around easily. This helps users on affected system to not have to create an
advancedsettings.xmlfor a manual fix.
- Playback of DVD folder structures over network sources (e.g. SMB/NFS/HTTP, etc.) has been fixed.
- A fix in Samba was made that “corrected” a long-standing assumption – it turns out that documentation doesn’t always match code implementation. We now handle both the old Samba implementation and the new “correct” implementation.
- Further improvements to the new NFS4 implementation have been made by @thexai . This fixes stalls/errors and brings some performance improvements to our NFS implementation.
- Assorted fixes to the new Savestate Manager to improve usability. Thanks to @KOPRajs for reporting, and also providing the PR to fix the issues found.
- An assortment of OSD improvements by @garbear resolving further issues reported by @KOPRajs.
- A number of performance improvements (memory reads, faster dialogs/savestates).
- Input fixes have been made that allow resetting multitap controller inputs, as well as fixing an issue around “ignored” input buttons not being saved.
- Sync of some of the common controller types has been made
- Fixes various overflows when using new chrono infrastructure. This fixes “keep audio device alive” when passthrough is used with an AVR.
- A number of fixes by @ksooo that aim to fix regressions regarding context menu items/behaviour.
- A fix for an issue on 32-bit systems that affected the sorting of items. Thanks @vpeter4.
- Fixes regarding the rework of the Favourites window have been addressed. This returns behaviour found in v19 for the following:
- Support actions
downplus key mapping for
- Support action delete plus key mapping for
- Change keymaps to open the Favourites Browser window instead of the Favourites dialog as currently.
- Support actions
- A fix by a returning team member (@CrystalP) that resolves crashes due to Unicode characters.
- Fix packaging regression that affected some parts of the Python
- Fix packaging regression that affected some parts of the Python
- A fix was made to address an issue where some less-than-usual dimension videos were causing AMD systems to fallback to software decoding instead of using DXVA.
- A packaging issues on Windows platforms meant that Chorus was unable to be used. A fix was found by @CrystalP, so users wanting to access Chorus from a Windows host can now rejoice.
- A fix to resolve PVR Channel Groups to correctly show channels ordered as provided by a PVR backend.
- A bump of cPython to 3.11.2 was made to fix an upstream issue with the
ElementTreebinary module. This fixes crashes on Android when an installed addon uses the common
- A regression was fixed regarding Right to Left language subtitles placing punctuation incorrectly. It turns out that @CastagnaIT‘s implementation was too correct, and an informal standard adopted by subtitle creators to place punctuation in Left to Right positions in Right to Left subtitles was worked around.
- A couple of fixes for WebVTT subtitles were made to resolve overlapping of segments.
- Line spacing has been altered in our use of
libassto avoid overlapping of text boxes.
- @enen92 has made a number of improvements and fixes when Kodi is being used as a UPnP server. He has fixed a number of regressions around listings and artwork.
Thanks, as always, to everyone who has helped us track down and fix any issues. We endeavour to minimise the issues everyone experiences, but with such a large project, and the fact everyone contributing to Kodi is a volunteer, issues and bugs are a part of life. if you happen to experience any bugs/issues, don’t hesitate to reach out on the forums, or raise an issue on Github.
As this is a point release, there are no major changes since the previous version, and you should be fine to install this straight over the top of any existing Kodi 20.x installation – indeed, this will happen automatically on many platforms. However, as for all software installations, back up your userdata beforehand if you’ve any doubts or have anything you can’t afford to lose (and definitely do this if you’re going for a major version upgrade).
A list of all changes for this version can be found at GitHub. If you want to read back on the full history of v20 itself, or of previous versions, you can find the corresponding articles in the relevant blog posts.
Application deployment on different platforms (notably the Microsoft Store) can vary considerably due to circumstances outside of our control, so just be patient, and the update will inevitably find its way through.
We always do whats known as a “staged” deployment roll out for Android. So if you don’t receive the update immediately, be patient, as it will come through over the next week.
Install Kodi 20.1 with the TROYPOINT Toolbox
If you wish to update to Kodi 20.1 Nexus, you can easily do so through the free TROYPOINT Toolbox.
The free TROYPOINT Toolbox may be used on any Android-based device including Fire TV Stick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, NVIDIA SHIELD, Android phones, and tablets.
Kodi 20.1 Download Links
For Firestick and Fire TV Users, the following links will provide you with installation guides and updating guides for your preferred device:
When using the install method linked below, you must choose Kodi 20 Nexus from the Toolbox.
iOS (Must have jailbroken device)
ARM32 is no longer supported in Kodi 19 and beyond.
Use the following commands in your Linux/Ubuntu terminal to install Kodi 20. Follow the prompts as you would with any other software installation.
sudo apt install software-properties-common sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly sudo apt install kodi
Remember, by installing a repository, you will have the freedom to choose different streaming add-ons for your enjoyment. TROYPOINT’s list of the Best Kodi Add-ons can be found by clicking the link below.
If you are looking for a simple way to install the best add-ons and repositories quickly and efficiently, we suggest using a Kodi Build. Click the link below for a list of the Best Kodi Builds at this time.
Kodi 20 Nexus Release Notes
On January 15, 2023, the official Kodi Website released a stable version of Kodi 20.
See the list of release notes below. This is pulled directly from the official Kodi website.
Multiple Instances of Binary Add-ons
This allows Kodi to load multiple instances of a binary add-on. For example: TVHeadend users can now run more than one instance of the add-on to connect to multiple back-end TVHeadend servers, with individual settings like channel groups and hidden channels maintained per add-on instance. @AlwinEsch was the developer behind a lot of this, with support from @ksooo. Your favourite binary add-on may not support this capability yet, but we hope add-on developers introduce this into their projects soon.
AV1 Video Support
Several Kodi platforms now allow hardware decoding of AV1 media. The Inputstream API has been updated to support AV1 and this allows add-ons using
inputsream.adaptive to play AV1 streams.
Massive rework of the subtitle system was undertaken by @CastagnaIT making subtitle formats more consistent for development and maintenance, and enabling features that were previously not possible. Kodi now supports dynamic positioning of fonts, changing of border and background colours, subtitle positioning, improved multi-language support, and more. If you are a regular user of subtitles, jump on in and check it all out.
Game (libretro) Savestate Support
The GSOC 2020 project of @NikosSiak received some polishing touches before finally (!) being merged. With mentoring from @VelocityRa and @gusandrianos, and the assistance of @garbear, this has been a long time coming. This feature allows you to save game state at any time, even if games do not provide native savestate features themselves. Great for gamers, and times when you aren’t watching Videos with Kodi ;)
Windows HDR Support
Full HDR support for the Windows Desktop platform has been implemented by @thexai along with many improvements throughout the Windows (DXVA/2) video pipeline. HDR is not available on non-Desktop, i.e. UWP Store (Xbox) versions. Improvements to allow more accurate ACES Filmic and HABLE tonemapping make even SDR video look better, and these capabilities are implemented for both UWP and Desktop versions of Kodi.
Changes to allow NFSv4 support were implemented by @lrusak as previously we only supported NFSv3. There are some caveats with this (you must explicitly select either NFSv4 or NFSv3 for a source). Give it a try!
Context Menu Consistency
Improvements to right-click/long-press context menu handling were made by @ksooo in numerous areas. This makes the function of the context menu much more consistent over different windows, and enabled some new capabilities like the playback of albums directly from widgets, series resume, etc. to be added.
Behind The Scenes
The majority of changes are “under the hood” and invisible to users but improve the stability, performance, and safety of Kodi. API changes have been made to evolve Python and Binary add-ons and bring new skinning features. There are updates to Kodi dependencies on most if not all Kodi platforms. Fixes from regular use of code static-analysis tools. Database migration fixes for a smoother update … and lots more.
Time does not stand still. Branches are forked and development on Kodi v21 (codename: “Omega”) is already underway. Thank you again for your continued support as we continue to make Kodi great!
Kodi 20 RC 2 Release Notes
On December 20, 2022, the official Kodi Website released an RC 2 version of Kodi 20.
See the list of release notes below.
- A couple of fixes have gone in to resolve database migration issues from v19.
- The first of these is the EPG database migration. This fixes the problem with the EPG loading and then disappearing. Thanks @ksooo for the prompt fix.
- A second DB migration issue that only occurred on the Microsoft UWP platform (Xbox and UWP desktop) has been fixed by @thexai . This was an odd one, as the code that dealt with the failure was old code (6+ years). It was traced to an odd race condition that only manifested on the UWP platforms, however the root cause potentially could happen on any other platform.
- A fix for playlist detection for both Audio and Video was made by @ksooo
- @popcornmix has fixed an issue for DRMPrime on Linux. This allows hardware formats like Broadcom 8-bit (SAND128) and 10-bit (P030) can now be correctly rendered with the latest Mesa.
- A fix to allow Kodi to execute on macOS 10.13 has been made. We would still strongly suggest users use a newer version (10.14+), however this allows users still on 10.13 to run Kodi.
- A regression for macOS reading actual disks was resolved by @enen92 . As part of this, the libcdio driver was also fixed to enable disk usage on Apple Silicon native builds.
- A fix to a crash that only occurred on Windows Debug builds has been resolved. This didn’t affect users of the actual RC1 release, but Windows devs who would attempt to execute Kodi as a Debug build were quickly halted.
- An issue around multiple resume dialogs has been fixed by @emveepee
- Another Teletext issue has been resolved by @repojohnray. @repojohnray has contributed a number of fixes for v20 to help increase the reliability and safety of Kodi.
Kodi 20 RC 1 Release Notes
On December 15th, 2022, the official Kodi website released an “RC 1” version of Kodi 20.
See the list of release notes below.
- A BREAKING API change was introduced for the
InfoTagVideoPython APIs. This affects set APIs that were introduced in the v20 development cycle. We would not normally do such a change when we enter Beta phase, but we believe fixing this now would cause fewer issues for all the addon devs out there for v21 (supporting 2 different APIs for v20/v21). Details around what is affected can be seen in the PR. In addition, further details can be seen and discussed on the forums.
- A number of bundled addons have been updated. This should reduce the number of addons that immediately do updates on installation of RC1.
- Due to the above breaking API change, the TVDB TV Show scraper was updated to prevent breaking. The result is that the updated scraper will be broken on any Kodi v20 release prior to this RC1 release. If you are using an older v20 install, then you need to update for continued functioning of the TMDB TV Show scraper.
- In addition, we took this opportunity to fix a long outstanding issue with the Python TV Show scrapers described here. The result is that if you are adding new episodes to existing TV shows in your library, you need to refresh the show to download the new episode guide. If you are using NFO files, the episode guide in those files needs updating also.
- TMDB TV Shows and TV Maze scrapers have been updated, with TVDB v4 to be updated in the near future. More details can be found here.
- @lrusak fixed a crash that was introduced into Beta1. Some Linux users were finding Kodi was crashing on startup.
- @lrusak again fixed a black screen issue with standalone games.
- Add support for action “play” to many more items such as widgets/favourites on the homescreen.
- Fix a regression with duplicate/incorrect context menu entries.
- @ksooo fixed another regression for addons that caused the “continue watching” context menu not to show the resume time.
- @repojohnray has been providing a number of fixes/cleanups lately that are targeting memory leaks. Subtitles and a number of Linux specific areas have had improvements made to them.
- A new contributer @larrignon has fixed a logging message that occurred when an empty directory was searched by scrapers.
- Fix crash when queuing multichannel audio files. This fixes a regression introduced in Beta 1.
- Fix default fallback image to be more relevant to a music item (CD Case instead of a Folder).
- @joseluismarti has contributed a number of cleanups/fixes for Android.
- @a1rwulf bumped our SDK target to 31. Along with a number of fixes @joseluismarti contributed over the past few months, this has allowed us to finally do a release to the Google Play Store. RC1 has been released to the Testing channel, and we’ll ramp up deployment over the next week or so to more users in the Testing channel
- @enen92 has made a number of fixes to what is know as the macOS native windowing implementation. This won’t affect too many people right now, as the default release uses SDL windowing, however anyone building the native macOS ARM version (or using the test builds) should see a number of improvements around windowing.
- Add speech to text service implementation (usable from keyboard dialog)
- Windows and Xbox
- Kodi RC 1 has been submitted to the Microsoft Store as an update. Users should start receiving this shortly. Be aware that you may have to uninstall and reinstall your Xbox version, because the OS is not updating cleanly.
- Fix a crash if an include has an empty condition. This was reported by @jurialmunkey and was an effect when a PARAM was used in the include condition that may have been empty.
- Fix a crash that could occur in the event of a textbox that was too small for a font used, and therefore the text would not fit.Estuary Specifics
- Music: Extend context menu functionality, add ability to play albums directly from home screen
- Video: Extend context menu functionality
- PVR: New home screen widget for saved searches
- PVR: Reworked home screen widget for timers
- PVR: Some smaller visual changes to the OSD and the home screen widgets
- Add possibility to use the play button (on remote, keyboard, …) to start playback of many different items shown on the home screen (e.g. songs, movies, episodes, Live-TV channels, recordings, albums, TV shows, single seasons, movie sets – just try it out…)
- Fix a regex for Sami subtitles.
- @enen92 has made a few fixes for teletext usage. A crash and a usability issue were resolved.
- Another crash was resolved.
- Flashing teletext was blinking at an extremely fast pace. This fixes an regression introduced by a large core change regarding time related functions.
- Fix some crashes occurring on startup if UPnP items were on homescreen widgets. Check the PR for gritty details.
- A new feature has been introduced to allow the possibility of ‘continue watching’ (aka resume) for certain video folders from the context menu of several folder locations (eg Movie Sets, TV Shows including seasons, and more). The best way to see more info about this is to see the PR.
- Multi-instance support for PVR client-addons (first implemented by
pvr.hts, more to come)
- Persistent EPG searches
- Automatic cleanup of texture database and removal of related stale image files
- Add possibility to refresh channel logos in the Channel manager
- Selection of items to delete when resetting the PVR database
- Various performance optimisations, larger code refactoring
- New favourites window, providing different views and other enhancements
Kodi 20 Beta 1 Release Notes
On November 14th, 2022, the official Kodi website released a “Beta 1” version of Kodi 20.
See the list of release notes below.
- Assorted binary addon fixes/updates – imagedecoder, screensaver, vis. Thanks to @AlwinEsch as always for the huge amount of work supporting Kodi’s addon interfaces.
- Fix/refactor “multi instance” GUI settings for addons. This work carries on from the PVR binary addons being able to have multiple backend instances.
- New id3 tag metadata stream support for PVR Radio addons.
- Add new
SetVideoResolutionwith max resolution.
- Clean DB was previously broken in earlier Nexus builds. This has now been fixed by @enen92.
- Update libbluray to 1.3.2 for all platforms.
- Fix a “double free” issue when ejecting a disk – Sidenote: thank you @prahal for your first contribution to Kodi core.
- UPNP fixes for picture handling.
- First time contributor @ihipop improved support for subtitle formats when accessed via UPNP DLNA.
- Fix bookmark resume for .strm files.
jsonrpc Player.GetPropertiesresponse when playback from a widget is done.
- Fix race condition in
CJobmanagercausing crashes – Sidenote: @neo1973 is our newest team member, welcome to the team!
- Application refactors. A large effort by @notspiff refactoring some very old code into more manageable chunks.
- Assorted improvements found by static analysis tools. Thanks @Rechi.
- Write correct duration to tracks in M3U playlists.
- Improvements to the header inclusions for a lot of areas of Kodi. This is a step to improve build times in general that mostly aims to reduce the number of components rebuilt when changes were made in a few extremely common objects. Thanks @notspiff, @ksooo.
- @rubpa has diagnosed and fixed a race condition in picture thumbnail loading.
- Mouse cleanup.
- Another first time contributor @jjlin added support for HTTPS proxies.
- Unix based platforms
- Android and Apple platforms now ship with Python 3.11 built in. Python 3.11 is a very notable release due to considerable improvements in CPython regarding speed. Checkout the python release notes for more info.
- Android builds will now be built as
RelwithDebinfoby default for our Jenkins builds. This means nightlies and most other Android builds built by PRs will be with the more optimised
Debug. This was done as some issues being investigated by devs was found to be purely cause by the slower Debug build types.
- A number of improvements by @joseluismarti.
- More class parameters have been added to allow more corner cases for starting android apps.
- Android builds will now be built as
- Prevent crash on exit.
- Sensitivity on the Remote has been reduced, and the tooltip and setting has been made more intuitive by @sy6sy2.
- Remember window position of Kodi when run in windowed mode.
- First time contributor @sryze fixed a cmake warning for windows building.
- A new setting to allow setting the peak luminance for a display.
- Fixes to slow python usage on UWP platforms (eg Xbox).
- Assorted EPG search fixes.
- Added possibility to browse available PVR client add-ons from PVR settings.
- Channels and Recordings now can be sorted by provider.
- Various fixes and performance improvements.
- Large refactoring improvements.
- Replace favourites dialog with new favourites window, providing different views and other enhancements.
- Added a new infobool
- Estuary specifics
- PVR Channel Manager redesign.
- Click on PVR Home screen section icon now opens Channels window again.
- Some smaller changes to the PVR OSD.
- Extend music context menu functionality, add ability to play albums directly from home screen.
- Extend video context menu functionality.
- Fix for 3D MVC subtitles not appearing correct when frame packed.
- Inputstream support for AV1 codec.
- Don’t attempt to use hardware AV1 decode if forcing software decoding. This fixes AV1 thumbnail generation on devices that don’t support AV1 hardware decoding.
Kodi 20 Alpha 3 Release Notes
On September 18th, 2022, the official Kodi website released an “Alpha 3” version of Kodi 20.
See the list of release notes below.
- Some crashes in addon installation and repository checks have been corrected (ksooo, howie-f)
- AlwinEsch has implemented a large feature to allow multiple instances of the same binary addon.This allows, for example, two instances of a PVR addon (e.g. PVR.HTS) to run using different backend provider instances. The usage of this will require updates from the various binary addons that will start to happen, so if you are interested in helping your favourite PVR addon to implement this, check out the above PVR.HTS PR, as well as the following PVR.Demo PR
- ksooo has been optimising various things in our db wrappers for better performance
- Fix DVD Menu indicators for DRMPrime
- Fix NFS for Windows platforms after some recent NFS updates
- Several NFS improvements/cleanups
- Initial NFS4 implementation
- Several improvements around our Font/Glyph Handling code from several team members (ksooo, thexai, sarbes) – improvements that should help low power machines in particular, but all platforms generally.
- Harbuzz glyph caching improvements
- Fix some inconsistencies with RTL languages and certain skinning components
- Improvements/cleanups regarding controllers
- Fix crash if controller info files don’t have correct info
- Rechi has done a bunch of leg work implementing improvements from Static analysis tools like CPPCheck and ClangTidy
- Remove obsolete addons from Core Kodi Nexus install
- Fix wrong player playlist type for STRM file playback
- Fix using mouse to drag/drop some controls
- Linux GBM
- Ability to set HDR Output
- Allow the OSX arm64 (Apple Silicon) build to correctly find appropriate binary addons from repositories.
- Fix incorrect window positioning when transitioning window to fullscreen and back
- ksooo continues updating/refining/fixing all things PVR related
- Show titles when “Flatten Hierarchy” setting enabled
- Further improvements/refinements to subtitles from CastagnaIT
- Fix for 3D MVC Playback
Kodi 20 Alpha 2 Release Notes
On July 10, 2022, the official Kodi website released an “Alpha 2” version of Kodi 20.
See the list of release notes below.
- Fix a stutter when the Kodi Nexus Android app was opened, closed, and opened again. One of our team members noticed an issue with a recent PR that caused media stuttering to occur only after the app was opened and closed and reopened again without a force close. We have come up with a fix, so hopefully, playback should be a better experience over Alpha 1.
- Another TrueHD fix – buffers reduced to a specific level to optimize data throughput
- More local app icons should render fully in Kodi Nexus
- Fix a packaging error for binary python modules (pycryptodome)
- Fixes some specific H.265 video crashes
- Android and Apple systems have had their Python version bumped to 3.9.13 in accordance with the latest release of the CPython 3.9 series. Of note, there have been fixes by the CPython team specifically for issues raised by Kodi Nexus community members around some crashes. Thanks to those members raising the upstream issues, and the fantastic CPython team for fixing them.
- Please note, that this does not affect any of our Windows releases, or if you are using Linux.
- Fix a regression that caused thumbnails to not appear when accessed from “remote” filesystems (e.g. WebDAV)
- Fix an instance of Closed Captions not working. A forum member was able to provide an extremely helpful sample that allowed us to track down an issue with closed captions not working correctly. Incidentally, this also fixes Closed Captions for some Inputstream.Adaptive streams.
- Multiple WebVTT fixes
- Fix BluRay resume issues
- Reduce “quality” of thumbnail creation
- NOTE: An advanced setting is available for those users who wish to alter the default further. More information can be found on the wiki.
- A couple of skinning changes have been introduced
- Skin timers
- Removal of player.DisplayAfterSeek
- Skip border infill
- Moving speed
- Diffuse fading animations
- VideoPlayer.Art(type) and positional variants
Kodi 20 Alpha 1 Release Notes
The “Alpha 1” version of Kodi 20 Nexus was released on May 16, 2022. See the full list of updates below.
- AV1 hardware decoding for Android
- AV1 hardware decoding for Linux via VAAPI
- Bump to FFMPEG 4.4
- Add new font style settings such as border size/color, background type/color/opacity, shadow color/opacity, and blur
- Add support to display subtitles with dynamic positions which make use of position tags
- Add underlined and strikethrough text style support
- Add a new wide color palette in color settings
- Add a new setting to change text alignment for closed caption subtitles for a better reading
- Add a new setting to override subtitles metadata like style and position
- Improved font size that now match the point/pixel proportion
- When Kodi is in windowed mode subtitles are now always displayed correctly
- Improved VPlayer for better reading of the multiline text
- Improved SAMI format to better support multiple languages
- Improved TX3G format to support multiple styles, colors and alpha channel
- ASS/SSA subtitles are displayed without flickering
- Improved image-based subtitle rendering to keep a better aspect ratio
- Add support to the WebVTT subtitle format type
- Improved font list setting – the actual names of the fonts are now listed
- Add support to OpenType font type (OTF)
- Improved calibration window, so it’s now possible to also reset the calibration settings
- Subtitle settings can now be changed while in playback without side effects
- Fix resume of Blu-Rays and DVD ISOs in file mode (not in library)
- Fix playback of some optical discs on Linux due the incorrect mapping of mountpoints
- On Linux optical media is now mounted by default (via udisks)
- Partial code cleanup and platform split of disc drive handling
- Skin cosmetics
- Fix duplicated context menu items
- Fix EDL mute sections and EDL cuts
- Fix wrap lists
- Fix hitrect on auto sized buttons
- Fix some context menu options not triggering the respective builtin action
- Independent volume setting for GUI sounds
- Password reveal button in keyboard dialog
- Added Steam Deck built-in controller support
- Add a new Colour Picker window dialog to allow display a color list
- Improved image control to support read dynamic $INFO data to “colordiffuse” tag
- Improved Player Process Info window – new information has been added and grouped by context
- New media flags for HDR videos: detect, store and process the type of HDR in a video file
- Skinners can now define modal dialogs if its visibility depends on Boolean condition evaluation
- Deprecation of old info labels with the introduction of new generic ones (e.g. Player.Editlist, Player.Cuts, etc)
- Estuary PVR Home Screen: New widget for timers (replacing old current/next recording widget)
- Estuary PVR Home Screen: Add percentage played progress bars to Recent Channels and Recent Recordings widgets
- Estuary PVR Home Screen: Change default click action to open the Guide window
- Improve display of EDL markers on the default skin (EDL mutes are now shown, cut sections are also identified)
- Savestate manager for Retroplayer with captions describing the state of the game provided by https://retroachievements.org
- In-game Port Setup dialog to change between game controllers
- UNIX Family Platforms
- Implement WS-Discovery (SMB discovery) for *ix platforms (Android/Linux/Apple)
- Improved Siri Remote handling
- Improved “Now Playing” info
- Initial support for M1 native including native windowing/input handling PR NOTE: We do not provide prebuilt M1 dmg’s. Any devs willing to work on ironing out the many corner cases of the native windowing implementation, don’t hesitate to ping @fuzzard on the forums if you have any questions.
- Extend GameController support to OSX
- Many code cleanups/refinements/refactors
- Update Android build to use Gradle for signing/aligning/packing
- Add ACES/Hable Tonemapping for GLES
- More BiCubic Shaders for GLES
- Pipewire support
- New setting to use 10 bit swapchain for SDR videos. Improves video quality and more precise colour conversions: YUV to RGB, limited to full range, shaders, etc. This is true even if video output is limited to 8 bit RGB by system or graphics driver.
- Improved DXVA2 (HW video decoding) performance by sharing decoding and rendering surfaces. Avoids video copy operations and drastically reduces video memory usage on NVIDIA and AMD graphics using recent drivers.
- Harfbuzz rendering for scripts with open type font shaping features
- Channels and Recordings can specify a provider
- Read-only recordings supported
- EPG Search: Add Saved Searches, incl. new Estuary PVR Home Screen widget
- Channel Manager: Add possibility to refresh all channel logos
- Settings: Add possibility to specify which data to delete when resetting PVR database
- Automatic cleanup of cached PVR images (texture.db and cached image files)
- Functional Improvements for multi PVR Add-on scenarios
- Performance improvements, esp. for large number of channels
- Most dependencies have been updated to latest, or close to, for Apple/Android platforms
- Many cmake updates to update build system
- Many many updates/changes to use std::chrono throughout the code base
- Colour Picker
- Colour button setting
- Add support to add video HDR type info to a video list item
- Function for removing orphaned dependencies recursively
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you! Learn more on my Affiliate Disclaimer page.
Today's Most Popular TROYPOINT Video
Get Free 1,000+ Secret App Guide