Get 1,000+ Free Secret Apps on Firestick & Android TV/Google TV
Kodi 18.7 has officially been released! This is now considered the “stable” version of this application.
The following article shows the updates and changes within Kodi 18.7 Leia. You can also download the most recent version using the links below the text or learn how to update.
Important Note: TROYPOINT has not tested Kodi 18.7 thoroughly with add-ons or builds and some may not work properly with this new release.
Table of Contents
Kodi 18.7 Fixes and Updates
There are no new features in the Kodi 18.7 release, only bug fixes.
Should you update? Most people won’t notice any improvements. If you see something that has been causing problems for you in the list below, yes you should update.
The following quote comes from the official Kodi Website. The usual rules apply: bug fixes, not new features or functionality; most will be invisible, but will be much-appreciated if you’re been suffering from a problem we’ve managed to address.
We recommend not updating, if Kodi is running well for you under the current version you are using.
Below you will find the Kodi 18.7 changelog pulled directly from the official Kodi Website.
- Fix to not reset user-set volume (Android)
- Fixes around multi-channel audio track support
- Fixes to Blu-ray subtitle language recognition
- Fix playback of bus-encrypted Blu-ray discs
- Improved library handing for plugins if media source is removed
- Use JNI instead of NDK for MediaCodec (Android)
- Further work on maximum width and height/vertical-shift (Android)
- Fixes around realtime handling of TS streams
Interface Look & Feel
- Fix for watch icons not showing when content type is not set (Estouchy)
- Fix navigation in skin settings (Estuary)
- Fix crash in favourites dialog
- Apply safe area insets to Kodi GUI (iOS)
- Fixes around focus after touch action
- Improvements around dialog/toast handling
- Fixed behaviour when accessing locked media sources
- Fixes around library handling of “isalbumartist” field
- Fixes around expansion of .ISO images to avoid GUI freezes
- Ensure album artist isn’t blanked out when scraping
- Fix downloading dependencies from mirrors (Windows)
- Library updates – bump gnutls (188.8.131.52) and nettle(3.5.1)
- Fix EPG corruption when new channels are added during startup
- Improvements around handling of proxy credentials
- Fix for proxy empty fields (proxy, username, password)
- Fix crash if an incompatible VFS addon is present
- Fix display of title for compressed package directories
- Fixes around addon settings folder naming
- Fixes around decoding of HTML escape characters
- Fix around SMI (SAMI) subtitles and quoted start tags
- Fixes for issues related to switching profile
- Fixes to saving of lock preferences (master lock, lock video windows, etc.)
Other General Fixes
- Add “Swiss German” and “Portuguese (Brazil)” to language codes
- Fix to guard against assert in tinyxml
- Fix stack overflow when trying to find NFO files in a RAR file
- Implement range checking in URIUtils::resolvePath
- Implement support for extended local headers in ZIP files used by some scrapers
Install Kodi 18.7 Via TROYPOINT App
The free TROYPOINT app may be installed on any Android-based device including Fire TV Stick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, NVIVDIA SHIELD, Android phones, and tablets.
The TROYPOINT App includes the Rapid App Installer which allows you to install all of the best streaming apps and tools in a matter for minutes.
You will also find Troy’s latest videos as well as an Internet Speed Test tool.
Kodi 18.7 Download Links
For Firestick and Fire TV Users, the following links will provide you with installation guides and updating guides for your preferred device:
TROYPOINT Android Shortcode for Downloader app or browser: https://troypoint.com/k18
iOS (Must have jailbroken device)
Use the following commands in your Linux/Ubuntu terminal to install Kodi 18.7. Follow the prompts as you would with any other software installation.
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kodi
Remember, by installing a repository, you will have the freedom to choose different streaming add-ons for your enjoyment. TROYPOINT’s list of the Best Kodi Add-ons can be found by clicking the link below.
If you are looking for a simple way to install the best add-ons and repositories quickly and efficiently, I suggest using a Kodi Build. Click the link below for a list of the Best Kodi Builds at this time.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, visitors will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our fans. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you! Learn more on my Affiliate Disclaimer page.