Kodi 18.1 is now available for download as a “stable release”. Download links are located below for this distribution.
The following fixes and changes have been implemented into Kodi 18.1 Leia.
This Kodi 18.1 change-log is pulled directly from the official Kodi Website.
- Speed up Player and Playlists operations with JSON-RPC
- Define a senseful default value for advanced settings “updateemptytagsinterval”
- Revert edge case crash fix that caused DVDs to be not recognized on Mac OS
- Remove “dxvaallowhqscaling” advanced setting to prepare for DXVA improvements in v18.2 for Windows
- Linux X11: fix usage of required configuration values
- Add date to the log records
- Don’t react on DPI change event on Win10 >= FCU
- Fix Android MediaCodec freeze on early disposal of a stream
- Flush streamplayers if abort is requested which solves waiting too long (on skipping DVD intros, for example)
- Fix ListitemAbsolute and ListItemPosition in GUI engine
- Ignore very first “server not reachable” notification for PVR servers
- Use extended result codes for SQLite
- Fix invalid PTS decoder value which should improve MPEG2 playback on Android devices
- update SSL CA trust store
- Handle empty vertex buffers in GUIFontTTFGL which caused a hard crash
- Reintroduce setting “Close channel OSD after switching channels” for PVR
- Fix thread logging on Android which causes e.g. frozen DVD/Blu-ray playback
- Avoid attempt to load music info for smart playlists
- Fix Top 100 Albums regression
- RenderCapture: Only query Occlusion if GL lower 1.5
- Check current mode if white-list doesn’t match and take correct action
- Check if app intent is valid on Android. This fixes a hard crash when trying to open Kodi again
- Fix PVR input stream creation for pvr file items only containing a path and no recording/channel tag.
- Fix playing VP9 streams using input-stream add-on. It failed because codec extradata is non-existent for this stream codec.
- Catch an exception while reading or writing a file
- Fix logical “or” operation in GUI engine
- Check the system capabilities to support sleep states S1/S2/S3/S4 before reporting them as available
- Fix crash in PCSX ReARMed with BIOS
- Several Estuary cosmetic fixes
The most popular Kodi 18.1 installation method is for the Fire TV Stick and you can find those tutorials via links below.
Kodi 18.1 Download
TROYPOINT Android Shortcode for Downloader app or browser: https://troypoint.com/k18
Use the following commands in your Linux/Ubuntu terminal. Follow the prompts as you would with any other software installation.
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!