Get 1,000+ Free Secret Apps on Firestick & Android TV/Google TV
Kodi 18.6 has officially been released and is now considered the “stable” version of this software.
The following article shows the updates and changes within Kodi 18.6 Leia. You can also download the most recent version using the links below the text or learn how to update.
Important – Please note that TROYPOINT has not tested Kodi 18.6 with any add-ons or builds and some may not work properly with this new release.
Table of Contents
Kodi 18.6 Fixes and Updates
There are no new features in the Kodi 18.6 release, only bug fixes.
The Kodi team is pulling some bug fixes from the upcoming 19 release and inserting them into 18.6. As of now, Kodi 19 is in beta testing with no information when it will be released as stable.
Should you update? Most people won’t notice any improvements. If you see something that has been causing problems for you in the list below, yes you should update.
We recommend not updating, if Kodi is running well for you under the current version you are using.
Below you will find the Kodi 18.6 changelog pulled directly from the official Kodi Website.
- Fixes around visualizations
- Fixes around pause/resume
- Fixes around TrueHD crashes
- Workaround firmware bug (AMLogic v23) (side-note: there are many more Android audio fixes that can’t be merged into 18.x “Leia” because of old AMLogic workarounds)
- Fix to correctly resume audio-only MPEG-TS streams
- Correct headphone enumeration (Android)
- Updates for missing includes
- Updates for Cmake (Windows)
- Updates for device handling and packaging (MacOS)
- Fixes for launching disc images and .zip files
- Fixes for black screen for RGB emulators (Rpi)
Interface Look & Feel
- Fixes around TextureCache
- Fixes for windowing, refresh rate, mode change and others (Android)
- Fixes for floating/split keyboard (iOS)
- Fix for artist slideshow (Estuary)
- Fix media view from addon given content
- Fixed race condition for OnPlaybackStarted
- Fixes for MIME type (Android)
- Support for Dolby Vision streams via addons
- Fixes for maximum width and height/vertical-shift (Android)
- Fix for scanning in sub-directories
- Fix size of EAGL layer on external screen (iOS)
- Fix for glTexImage3D (Linux)
- Fix for seeking issues
- Reset playlist on new file playback
- Fix for multi-line episode names
Other General Fixes
- Fixed incorrectly formatted region time
- Pass JSON serialized path settings to python scrapers
- Fix file access on auto-mounted sources
- Fix seeking with FileCache lockup
- Fix pass-through on USB devices (Android)
- Fix crash if profile.xml gets broken
- Fix cache forward size on EOF
Install Kodi 18.6 Via TROYPOINT App
The free TROYPOINT app may be installed on any Android-based device including Fire TV Stick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, NVIVDIA SHIELD, Android phones, and tablets.
The TROYPOINT App includes the Rapid App Installer which allows you to install all of the best streaming apps and tools in a matter for minutes.
You will also find Troy’s latest videos as well as an Internet Speed Test tool.
Kodi 18.6 Download Links
For Firestick and Fire TV Users, the following links will provide you with installation guides and updating guides for your preferred device:
TROYPOINT Android Shortcode for Downloader app or browser: https://troypoint.com/k18
iOS (Must have jailbroken device)
Use the following commands in your Linux/Ubuntu terminal to install Kodi 18.6. Follow the prompts as you would with any other software installation.
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kodi
Remember, by installing a repository, you will have the freedom to choose different streaming add-ons for your enjoyment. TROYPOINT’s list of the Best Kodi Add-ons can be found by clicking the link below.
If you are looking for a simple way to install the best add-ons and repositories quickly and efficiently, I suggest using a Kodi Build. Click the link below for a list of the Best Kodi Builds at this time.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, visitors will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our fans. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you! Learn more on my Affiliate Disclaimer page.