This quick tutorial will show you how to update Kodi on Windows. This is a simple process that will only take a few minutes and you will preserve your Kodi addons, skin, and settings that you have already setup.
You will find written directions below on how to update Kodi on Windows and you will also find a video with more detailed information. I strongly suggest that you view the video to ensure that you don’t miss any steps.
How To Update Kodi On Windows Steps
The current stable release for Windows is Kodi 19.1 Matrix.
- Close Kodi on your Windows device.
- Go to www.kodi.tv/download and download the most recent Windows installer for Kodi.
- After the new version of Kodi has been downloaded, launch the .exe file.
- Go through each of the Kodi installation screens. When you do this, you should get a message that your current Kodi files will be overwritten. This is a good thing and you will want to proceed.
- After Windows has successfully installed the Kodi update, launch Kodi and ensure that all of your addons, skins, and settings are intact.
If you have any questions on how to update Kodi on your Windows device, be sure to post a comment and we will help you as soon as possible.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!