This quick tutorial will show you How to Update Kodi on Windows PC.
Updating Kodi on a Windows PC is a simple process that will only take a few minutes and you will preserve your Kodi addons, skin, and settings that you have already set up.
You will find written directions below on how to update Kodi on Windows and you will also find a video with more detailed information.
I strongly suggest that you view the video to ensure that you don’t miss any steps.
The Amazon Firestick is the most popular Kodi device to its low price point and jailbreaking abilities.
The current stable release for Windows is Kodi 19.3 Matrix.
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Update Kodi On Windows PC – Video Tutorial
- 2 How To Update Kodi On Windows PC – Written Guide
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
How To Update Kodi On Windows PC – Video Tutorial
How To Update Kodi On Windows PC – Written Guide
- Close Kodi on your Windows device.
- Go to www.kodi.tv/download and download the most recent Windows installer for Kodi.
- After the new version of Kodi has been downloaded, launch the .exe file.
- Go through each of the Kodi installation screens. When you do this, you should get a message that your current Kodi files will be overwritten. This is a good thing and you will want to proceed.
- After Windows has successfully installed the Kodi update, launch Kodi and ensure that all of your addons, skins, and settings are intact.
If you have any questions on how to update Kodi on your Windows device, be sure to post a comment in our TROYPOINT Insider Forum.
For other popular Kodi tutorials, see the links below:
The weekly TROYPOINT Advisor keeps everyone up-to-date on the ever-changing world of cord-cutting. Use the link below to join the other 700,000 happy subscribers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Update Kodi on Windows PC?
Yes, you can update Kodi on your Windows PC to the most stable release following this simple guide.
Will Updating Kodi on Windows PC erase all files?
While updating Kodi on Windows will erase files you previously had within Kodi, it will not erase other files on your Windows PC.
Is Updating Kodi on Windows Safe?
Yes, updating Kodi on any device is safe and recommended for an increase in performance.
Can You Install Kodi on a Windows PC?
Yes, you can install Kodi 19 and previous versions of this popular media center on any Windows PC.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!