The following step-by-step tutorial will provide instructions on How to Download Movies and TV Shows for free on Firestick, Fire TV, and Android TV Boxes.
The Amazon Firestick is the most popular streaming device available today.
This is likely due to its low price point and sideloading capabilities that will allow you to “jailbreak” your device.
One of the best features of this device is the ability to download content such as Movies and TV Shows for easy streaming capabilities.
There are several methods available that work for downloading Movies on your Firestick or Fire TV.
Both of these apps and tons of other Streaming Apps and tools are available within the TROYPOINT Rapid App Installer.
For those using the Nvidia Shield or Android TV Boxes, unfortunately, ES File Explorer is not available within the Google Play Store.
For these devices, we recommend installing FX File Explorer.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the Firestick having low internal storage compared to other devices, we suggest looking into expanding external storage when downloading content.
Refer to our in-depth tutorial below for more information.
Keep in mind however that you do not have to use Cinema HD APK, as there are plenty of other APKs that allow you to download media.
Check out these other great APKs by clicking the link below.
In the tutorial below, we are using the Fire TV Stick Lite. However, this method will also work on any device you prefer.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: TROYPOINT is a tech website that publishes tutorials, news, and reviews. We do not verify if apps, services, or websites hold the proper licensing for media that they deliver. We do not own, operate, or re-sell any streaming site, service, app, or addon. Each person shall be solely responsible for media accessed and we assume that all visitors are complying with the copyright laws set forth within their jurisdiction. Referenced applications, addons, services, and streaming sites are not hosted or administered by TROYPOINT.
How to Download Movies & TV Shows on Your Firestick Guide
Remember prior to going through these steps you must install both ES File Explorer and Cinema HD (or whichever APK you prefer).
1. Launch Cinema HD then click on the search icon, which is on the upper right side of the home screen.
2. Type in the Movie or TV Show you prefer.
For this example, we chose Night of the Living Dead, which is one of TROYPOINT’s Best Public Domain Movies.
3. Once you select a Movie or TV Show choose your preferred streaming source.
4. Scroll down and click “Open with…”
5. Choose ES Downloader.
6. The Download screen will then appear. Click Hide if you want the file to download in the background.
7. Go back to the home screen of your streaming device and open ES File Explorer.
8. To find your media file within ES File Explorer, scroll down on the left menu and click Library.
9. Then scroll down and click on Movies.
10. Hover over your media file on the right then press the OK button on your remote.
11. Once the file is successfully downloaded you will then select your media player.
12. We chose MX Player. If you don’t have MX Player but want to install it, check out our MX Player Installation Guide.
13. That’s it! Once your media file is fully downloaded you can stream it absolutely buffer free.
If you are encountering buffering issues on your Firestick or Fire TV, use our popular guide below that will help solve this problem once and for all:
How to Delete Media within ES File Explorer
If you decide you no longer want certain media files, or if you’re looking to just free up space on your device, then knowing how to delete media is important.
Use the quick screenshot guide below on how to delete media files within ES File Explorer.
1. Open ES File Explorer, scroll down and click on Library in the left menu.
2. Then scroll down and click on Movies.
3. Hover over your media file and hold down the OK button on your remote until you see the green check mark appear.
4. Once the media file is checked, scroll down and click on Delete within the bottom menu.
5. The Move to Recycle Bin message will then appear, click OK.
6. That’s it! You have now successfully deleted your media file from your ES File Explorer Library.
How to Download Movies on Firestick Extras
If you prefer to download your content on any device, we suggest torrenting files for a seamless experience.
TROYPOINT has created a list of the Best Torrent Sites that is updated DAILY for your reference.
Using torrents to view content is a great way to enjoy Movies and TV Shows with no buffering and absolutely no ads.
Torrents are fabulous when paired with Plex Media Center that you can install on any device.
This will allow you to download all your favorite movies, shows, photos, and more and access them on any device you prefer including Firestick.
For the best apps on your Firestick and Fire TV, check out our list of Best Firestick Apps.
Check out the following resource guides for more options to stream Movies & TV Shows:
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I download Movies on a Firestick?
Yes. This guide will show you how to use a popular app to download movies to your Firestick or Fire TV.
Do I need to Jailbreak my Firestick to Download Movies?
You do not need to jailbreak a firestick to download movies but this is a great way to get apps for downloading movies.
What is the Best app for downloading Movies?
In this tutorial, we use Cinema APK and ES File Explorer to download Movies to our Firestick.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!