This step-by-step tutorial will show you how to use OpenSubtitles on the most popular streaming APKs.
As of this writing, OpenSubtitles is one of the most popular subtitle services available today.
This is a great tutorial especially for those who have trouble hearing audio and rely on subtitles when viewing content.
For those wanting to use OpenSubtitles within Kodi, check out our Kodi subtitles guide below.
Below you will find both a video tutorial and screenshot guide for using OpenSubtitles.
We should mention that we tested this method on several of the most popular APKs.
If you are using one of TROYPOINT’s Best APKs, then you shouldn’t run into any issues using this guide.
Important Note: Prior to using this tutorial you will need to install MX Player. Refer to the link below for installing MX Player on your device.
Table of Contents
How to Use OpenSubtitles With APKs
We suggest watching the video tutorial above for important details and instructions not found in the screenshot guide below.
In the following screenshot guide, we’re using a free streaming application in conjunction with MX Player.
1. Launch your preferred streaming APK that supports MX Player integration. Most do.
2. Click the search icon in the upper right and chose a Movie or TV Show. We used Night of The Living Dead, which is one of TROYPOINT’s Best Public Domain Movies.
3. Once you choose a Movie or TV show select your preferred streaming link.
4. Scroll down and select “Open with…”
5. Choose MX Player. Remember you must have MX Player installed on your device prior to going through this tutorial.
6. After your Movie or TV opens, click the options icon (3 vertical dots) in the upper right corner of your screen.
7. Then scroll down and select Subtitle.
8. Click Online Subtitles.
9. Click Search.
10. When this menu appears, check the “Enter your search text” box.
11. After checking that box you will be prompted to search for subtitles using OpenSubtitles.
12. Then enter in the title of the Movie or TV Show you are watching and click Next.
13. Click the drop down option if it appears.
14. Then click OK.
15. Wait a few seconds or so while OpenSubtitles searches for subtitle options.
16. You should then see a screen appear similar to the screenshot below. Typically we recommend just selecting the first option available.
17. Once you select a subtitle option scroll all the way down and click Download.
18. Once you return to your Movie or TV Show, click the options icon again (3 vertical dots) in the upper right.
19. Select Subtitle.
20. Then click Open.
21. You should then see your downloaded subtitles file appear. Click the file.
22. If prompted with this message, just click Replace.
23. That’s it! You can now enjoy subtitles when streaming media within your favorite APKs.
For more tech and streaming tutorials like this one, be sure to sign up for the TROYPOINT Advisor with updates weekly.
This Advisor provides all the best cord-cutting tips to get the most out of your favorite streaming devices and more. Click the link below for your TROYPOINT Advisor Subscription:
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!