This step-by-step tutorial will show you how to use OpenSubtitles on the most popular streaming APKs. As of this writing, OpenSubtitles is one of the most popular subtitle services available today.
This is a great tutorial especially for those who have trouble hearing audio, and rely on subtitles when viewing content.
For those wanting to use OpenSubtitles within Kodi, check out our Kodi subtitles guide below.
This method works great on the most popular streaming devices including the Amazon Firestick 4K, Fire TV, NVIDIA SHIELD, and many others.
Below you will find a screenshot guide for using OpenSubtitles. For this tutorial we are using UnlockMyTV APK and streaming with the Amazon Firestick 4K.
We should mention that we tested this method on several of the most popular APKs such as:
- Cinema HD,
- Typhoon TV
If you are using one of TROYPOINT’s Best APKs, then you shouldn’t run into any issues using this guide.
Important Note: Prior to using this tutorial you will need to install MX Player. Refer to the link below for installing MX Player on your device.VPN to protect your identity and security when streaming free movies and TV shows with apps such as this.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: This technology shall only be used to stream movies or TV shows that fall under the public domain. TROYPOINT does not endorse or promote illegal activity tied to streaming or downloading copyrighted works. The end-user shall be solely responsible for media accessed through any service or app referenced on this Website. Referenced applications/addons are not hosted by TROYPOINT and this guide is for educational purposes only.
How to Use OpenSubtitles With APKs
1. Launch your preferred streaming APK. As mentioned previously, for this example we used UnlockMyTV.
2. Click the search icon in the upper right and chose a Movie or TV Show. We used Night of The Living Dead, which is one of TROYPOINT’s Best Public Domain Movies.
3. Once you choose a Movie or TV show select your preferred streaming link.
4. Scroll down and select “Open with…”
5. Choose MX Player. Remember you must have MX Player installed on your device prior to going through this tutorial.
6. After your Movie or TV opens, click the options icon (3 vertical dots) in the upper right corner of your screen.
7. Then scroll down and select Subtitle.
8. Click Online Subtitles.
9. Click Search.
10. When this menu appears, check the “Enter your search text” box.
11. After checking that box you will be prompted to search for subtitles using OpenSubtitles.
12. Then enter in the title of the Movie or TV Show you are watching and click Next.
13. Click the drop down option if it appears.
14. Then click OK.
15. Wait a few seconds or so while OpenSubtitles searches for subtitle options.
16. You should then see a screen appear similar to the screenshot below. Typically we recommend just selecting the first option available.
17. Once you select a subtitle option scroll all the way down and click Download.
18. Once you return to your Movie or TV Show, click the options icon again (3 vertical dots) in the upper right.
19. Select Subtitle.
20. Then click Open.
21. You should then see your downloaded subtitles file appear. Click the file.
22. If prompted with this message, just click Replace.
23. That’s it! You can now enjoy subtitles when streaming media within your favorite APKs.
For more tech and streaming tutorials like this one, be sure to sign up for the TROYPOINT Newsletter with updates weekly.
This Newsletter provides all the best cord-cutting tips to get the most out of your favorite streaming devices and more. Click the link below for your TROYPOINT Newsletter Subscription: