Get 1,000+ Free Secret Apps on Firestick & Android TV/Google TV
Kodi 19.2 has officially been released and is now considered the “stable” version of this software.
The following article shows the new features, updates, and changes within Kodi 19.2 which have been pulled directly from the official Kodi Website.
You can also download the most recent version using the links below or learn how to update.
Typically, we don’t recommend updating with these small incremental updates but there are quite a few bug fixes that may help with your Kodi experience.
If Kodi is currently working well for you, we don’t recommend updating.
It’s been awhile since the last release of Kodi was pushed out, so naturally, there are quite a few issues that have been addressed.
Important – Please note that TROYPOINT has not tested Kodi 19.2 with popular add-ons and builds.
It’s important to note that there is now a new addon system for 19 which also applies to 19.2.
Some addons aren’t compatible with 19 yet and you will find an updated list of addons and builds that currently work.
These should also work fine with Kodi 19.2 as well.
Below are the bug fixes and new features pulled directly from the official Kodi Website.
Table of Contents
Kodi 19.2 New Features, Fixes, and Updates
- Fixed: crash when accessing invalid PVR channel from favourites
- Fixed: crash on startup while searching for missing channel icons
- Fixed: crash on startup caused by missing timer type
- Fixed: “Delete permanently” of recordings from trash
- Other, more minor bug fixes
- Fixed a bug that deleted UniqueID’s when scraping the library, which caused unexpected behavior for addons relying on those ID’s
- Added translations for emulators and game controller add-ons
- Expose icon path of EPG tags as ‘thumbnail’ property
- Expose series number of EPG tags as ‘seasonnum’ property.
- Websocket: handles partial messages
- Fixed: display logic for official and third-party modules
- Fixed: possible crash when switching monitors due to adding/removing hardware.
- Fixed: audio passthrough not working (randomly) on some systems when display refresh rate match is enabled.
- Improved: flip discard swap chain is used on all Windows 10 systems even if graphics driver does not support latest DirectX feature levels.
- Improved: 10-bit swap chain is used by default on Windows 10 systems when HDR display is detected (for 8-bit SDR video sources too).
- Fixed: possible crash related to WS-Discovery when non-computer devices (e.g. IP cameras) are attached to the same network.
- Fixed: possible crash when HDR is toggled on/off externally from Windows 10 display settings.
- Fixed: no picture or wrong black level with some video drivers when limited range output is enabled in conjunction with hardware acceleration DXVA2 and HDR passthrough.
- Fixed: external storage volumes not visible on devices running old Android versions
The big news here is that we can finally make 19.2 “Matrix” available on the Xbox – thanks for putting up with the delay while we fixed the blockers!
- Fixed: crash on playback of 4K HEVC videos due to out-of-memory condition.
- Fixed: GUI rendered at 1080 and upscaled to 4K instead of native 4K.
- Fixed: 4K resolution is incorrectly reported in logs as 1920×1080.
- Fixed: crash when “Switch display refresh rate at Start/Stop” is enabled with 4K resolution.
- Fixed: tone mapping not used by default at playback HDR videos.
- Fixed: missing display refresh rate info on Video Debug Info OSD (Alt+O).
- Fixed: Internet SSL connectivity not working due not usable path to built-in CA certs bundle.
- Improved: swap chain performance using DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_FLIP_DISCARD.
- Improved: 10-bit swap chain surfaces are used if an HDR-capable TV is detected (even for 8-bit SDR videos).
- Improved: HEVC DXVA2 decoder performance using 128 byte aligned decoder surfaces.
Install Kodi 19.2 Via TROYPOINT App
The free TROYPOINT app may be installed on any Android-based device including Fire TV Stick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, NVIVDIA SHIELD, Android phones, and tablets.
The TROYPOINT App includes the Rapid App Installer which allows you to install all of the best streaming apps and tools in a matter for minutes.
You will also find Troy’s latest videos as well as an Internet Speed Test tool.
Kodi 19.2 Download Links
For Firestick and Fire TV Users, the following links will provide you with installation guides and updating guides for your preferred device:
TROYPOINT Android Shortcode for Downloader app or browser: https://troypoint.com/k19
iOS (Must have jailbroken device)
ARM32 is no longer supported in Kodi 19 and beyond.
Use the following commands in your Linux/Ubuntu terminal to install Kodi 18.6. Follow the prompts as you would with any other software installation.
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kodi
Remember, by installing a repository, you will have the freedom to choose different streaming add-ons for your enjoyment. TROYPOINT’s list of the Best Kodi Add-ons can be found by clicking the link below.
If you are looking for a simple way to install the best add-ons and repositories quickly and efficiently, I suggest using a Kodi Build. Click the link below for a list of the Best Kodi Builds at this time.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, visitors will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our fans. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you! Learn more on my Affiliate Disclaimer page.