Get 1,000+ Free Secret Apps on Firestick & Android TV/Google TV
Kodi 18.4 has officially been released and is now considered the “stable” version of this software.
The following article shows the updates and changes within Kodi 18.4 Leia. You can also download the most recent version using the links below the text or learn how to update.
Important – Please note that TROYPOINT has not tested Kodi 18.4 with any add-ons or builds and some may not work properly with this new release.
Table of Contents
Kodi 18.4 Fixes and Updates
The following updates are directly from the official Kodi Website:
There are no new features in the Kodi 18.4 release, only bug fixes.
Should you update? Most people won’t notice any improvement as these are small fixes. If you see something that has been causing problems for you in the list below, yes you should update.
We recommend not updating, if Kodi is running well for you under the current version you are using.
- Fix Missing text when sorting from inside add-on
- Clear/save focus-history when leaving window with focus on parent folder item
- Picture slideshow fixes (Estuary)
- Subscribe to controller install events (games)
- Fix radio button text length (Estuary)
- Fix season/episode formatting for video add-ons (video)
- Don’t consider display mode ids constant (Android)
- Fix PlayMedia builtin for playlists (.strm) and “artists” smart playlists (music)
- Fix PlayMedia builtin for smart playlists and playlists (music)
- FFmpeg: Bump to 4.0.4-Leia-18.4
- Load program from stream property without using streaminfo (video)
- Fix initialization of AVD3D11VAContext structure (video, Windows)
- Fix TS resume point, related to PR16314 (video)
- Fixed memory leak, fixed segfault (video, Linux)
- Fix PAPlayer to handle passthrough for TrueHD (audio)
- Fix component dependencies
- PVR Recordings: Prevent concurrent calls to video database
- Use first protocol from add-on in add network dialog
- Use exact matching for protocol in file+dir factories
- Use of absolute paths in combination with hosts in URLs
- Fix file times for vfs add-ons
- Fix + sign HTTP folder
- Corrections to file system CircularCache initialization and termination
- Controller fixes
- Delete stream details when video info is refreshed
- Do not attempt to further resolve plugin paths for failing entries
- Revert “fixed: We should always update stream details from player…”
Install Kodi 18.4 Via TROYPOINT App
The free TROYPOINT app may be installed on any Android-based device including Fire TV Stick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, NVIVDIA SHIELD, Android phones, and tablets.
The TROYPOINT App includes the Rapid App Installer which allows you to install all of the best streaming apps and tools in a matter for minutes.
You will also find Troy’s latest videos as well as an Internet Speed Test tool.
Kodi 18.4 Download Links
For Firestick and Fire TV Users, the following links will provide you with installation guides and updating guides for your preferred device:
TROYPOINT Android Shortcode for Downloader app or browser: https://troypoint.com/k18
iOS (Must have jailbroken device)
Use the following commands in your Linux/Ubuntu terminal to install Kodi 18.4. Follow the prompts as you would with any other software installation.
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kodi
Remember, by installing a repository, you will have the freedom to choose different streaming add-ons for your enjoyment. TROYPOINT’s list of the Best Kodi Add-ons can be found by clicking the link below.
If you are looking for a simple way to install the best add-ons and repositories quickly and efficiently, I suggest using a Kodi Build. Click the link below for a list of the Best Kodi Builds at this time.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, visitors will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our fans. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you! Learn more on my Affiliate Disclaimer page.