Kodi 18.5 has officially been released and is now considered the “stable” version of this software.
The following article shows the updates and changes within Kodi 18.5 Leia. You can also download the most recent version using the links below the text or learn how to update.
Important – Please note that TROYPOINT has not tested Kodi 18.5 with any add-ons or builds and some may not work properly with this new release.
Kodi 18.5 Fixes and Updates
There are no new features in the Kodi 18.5 release, only bug fixes.
Should you update? Most people won’t notice any improvement as these are small fixes. If you see something that has been causing problems for you in the list below, yes you should update.
We recommend not updating, if Kodi is running well for you under the current version you are using.
Below you will find the Kodi 18.5 changelog pulled directly from the official Kodi Website.
- Estuary and GUI info fixes, including scrollbar behavior, icon names, label changes
- Add dual support for Artist Slideshow 2.x and 3.x
- Fix to always allow ‘Black’ screen saver
- Fix wrong sort order list for music playlists node
- Fixes to external subtitle playback
- Fixes to support for archives over UPnP
- Fixes to “queue item” and “play next” for STRM files with Plugin URL
- Fixes to “hide watched” status for videos
- Fixes to resume handling when marking a file as unwatched
- Fixes to EPG database storage, start/stop of PVR service
- Fix handling of open modal dialogs
- Fixes to commercial skip (EDL) processing
- Multiple Android changes around windowing, secure decoder and SDK versions
- Multiple iOS changes, including support for iPhone 11 and 7th generation iPad, plus fixes for touch input, overlapping drawing surfaces, sandbox checks, notch support.
- MacOS fixes around windowing, where only a portion of the screen was correctly rendered
- Log files improvements around verbosity and security
- Shoutcast improvements
- Various fixes and improvements to add-on settings, package build documentation, build system, advancedsettings.xml, skin/profile changes and many other subsystems
Install Kodi 18.5 Via TROYPOINT App
The free TROYPOINT app may be installed on any Android-based device including Fire TV Stick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, NVIVDIA SHIELD, Android phones, and tablets.
The TROYPOINT App includes the Rapid App Installer which allows you to install all of the best streaming apps and tools in a matter for minutes.
You will also find Troy’s latest videos as well as an Internet Speed Test tool.
Kodi 18.5 Download Links
For Firestick and Fire TV Users, the following links will provide you with installation guides and updating guides for your preferred device:
TROYPOINT Android Shortcode for Downloader app or browser: https://troypoint.com/k18
iOS (Must have jailbroken device)
Use the following commands in your Linux/Ubuntu terminal to install Kodi 18.5. Follow the prompts as you would with any other software installation.
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kodi
Remember, by installing a repository, you will have the freedom to choose different streaming add-ons for your enjoyment. TROYPOINT’s list of the Best Kodi Add-ons can be found by clicking the link below.
If you are looking for a simple way to install the best add-ons and repositories quickly and efficiently, I suggest using a Kodi Build. Click the link below for a list of the Best Kodi Builds at this time.