This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!
This step-by-step guide will show you how to install the Wolf Launcher on Firestick, Fire TV, or Android TV Box to upgrade your interface.
We have included a video guide for installing Wolf Launcher on any device as well as a detailed video guide for customizing and using Wolf below our installation instructions.
TROYPOINT suggests viewing both video guides for important details regarding setup, features, and more.
The Wolf Launcher is a custom launcher created by SweenWolf that will change the default user interface that is applied to your streaming device.
This launcher is becoming a popular alternative to the default interface on streaming devices for several reasons. This is similar to the custom Leanback Launcher.
Many are unhappy with Amazon’s new Fire TV Interface that was released in late 2020 and using a custom launcher is a great way to adjust your interface without harming your device.
This is the same for NVIDIA SHIELD users who are tired of the endless advertisements and clutter now displayed on the NVIDIA user interface.
The Wolf Launcher allows for more customization options, removes sponsored/suggested content, displays all side-loaded apps, and more.
Using this launcher is one of the solutions highlighted in our Blocking Ads on Firestick guide.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you wish to return to the original Firestick interface after installing Wolf you must enable the stock launcher first. DO NOT delete the app as it may result in a complete loss of User Interface.
If this occurs, your device will require a factory reset which you can perform by pressing the right-down button and back button simultaneously for 10 seconds or more:
Please refer to our “How to Uninstall Wolf Launcher“ directions further down this article if you wish to remove the Wolf Launcher from your device. This information is also covered in the first video below.
In the video guides below we will show how to install and set up the Wolf Launcher on a Firestick, NVIDIA SHIELD, and Chromecast with Google TV.
The Amazon Firestick is the most popular streaming device available today because of its low price point and “jailbreaking capabilities”.
“Jailbreaking” your Firestick/Fire TV will allow for the installation of 3rd party software like custom launchers and make your customization options endless!
This launcher also works on Android devices like the NVIDIA Shield, MECOOL Box, Chromecast with Google TV, or other Android TV devices.
Important Note: In order to use the Wolf Launcher correctly, we must install two separate applications. This includes the “Launcher Manager” and “Wolf Launcher” apps.
The instructions below show how to install Wolf Launcher on a Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Cube, NVIDIA SHIELD, and Chromecast with Google TV.
We include both video tutorials and a screenshot guides, but we recommend watching the video tutorials for a complete walk-through and other setup tips.
This video will show you the easiest way to install the Wolf Launcher using the TROYPOINT Rapid App Installer.
TROYPOINT TIP: For the quickest installation of the Launcher Manager and Wolf Launcher apps, we suggest getting our FREE Rapid App Installer which is shows in the setup video below.
This free tool used by millions of techies will allow you to install the most popular apps and tools in minutes!
Wolf Launcher Install Video Tutorial
Wolf Launcher Customize Video
Below, you will find screenshot guides that will show how to install Wolf Launcher on various devices.
We strongly suggest first viewing the setup videos above as those include important details not outlined below.
Wolf Launcher on Fire TV & Fire TV Cube
The steps below show how to install and set up the Wolf Launcher using a Fire TV Stick Lite.
However, this same process should work on all Fire TV devices running Fire OS 6 or above. This includes the Firestick 4K, 2nd Gen Fire TV Cube, 3rd Gen Fire TV Stick, and the Fire TV Stick Lite.
In order to fully download the Wolf Launcher on your device, you must first install the “Launcher Manager” app. Follow the steps below.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We highly suggest using our video guide above after installing Wolf Launcher to learn customization options, features, and more for your preferred device.
Install Launcher Manager
1. Hover over Settings and click My Fire TV.
2. Click Developer options.
3. Make sure ADB debugging is turned ON.
4. Next install the Downloader app from your respective App Store (Amazon App Store or Google Play) and enable Unknown Sources within the settings of your streaming device.
If you haven’t done this yet please refer to the following screenshot tutorial for step-by-step instructions.
5. Launch Downloader
6. Click Allow
7. Click OK
8. Click the search box.
9. Enter the following URL – troypoint.com/launchmger and click Go.
10. Click Install.
11. Click Done.
12. Click Delete.
13. Click Delete again.
That’s it! You have installed the Launcher Manager app. Next, follow the instructions below to install the Wolf Launcher app.
Install Wolf Launcher App
1. Launch Downloader again and enter the following URL – troypoint.com/wolf and click Go.
2. Click Install.
3. Click Done.
4. Click Delete.
5. Click Delete again.
Now follow the steps below for setting up this custom launcher on your device.
How to Set up Wolf Launcher
1. Open the Launcher Manager app.
2. Select Launcher Options.
3. Choose Enable Custom Launcher.
4. Click to check Always allow from this computer and select OK.
5. Your device will now display Current Launcher: Wolf Launcher.
6. Click the home button on your device to see your new interface. Enjoy!
Once the launcher is installed on your Firestick/Fire TV, scroll down on this page to see further customization options.
Wolf Launcher on NVIDIA SHIELD
Many NVIDIA SHIELD users are frustrated with the new interface this device provides.
It is filled with video ads and suggested content that we will never use.
Luckily, we can install a custom launcher such as Wolf Launcher for a simple, personalized user interface.
1. From the home screen of your NVIDIA SHIELD, choose Settings in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Click Device Preferences
3. Choose About
4. Scroll down and click Build 7 times until you encounter the “You are now a developer!” message
5. Go back and click Developer options
6. Click to enable Network debugging
7. We can now launch Downloader to install the Launcher Manager using troypoint.com/launchatv
8. Install Wolf Launcher by typing troypoint.com/wolf into Downloader and click Go
9. Open the Launcher Manager application and click Enable Custom Launcher
10. Check to Always allow from this computer and click OK
11. Your device will now display Current Launcher: Wolf Launcher. Enjoy!
Wolf Launcher on Chromecast with Google TV
This guide will provide step-by-step instructions to install Wolf Launcher on Chromecast with Google TV.
Install Launcher Manager – Chromecast with Google TV
1. Open Settings
2. Choose System
3. Click About
4. Click Android TV OS build 7 times until you encounter the “You are now a developer!” message.
5. Go back and open Developer options
6. Click the toggle to Enable developer options
7. Click to turn on USB debugging
8. Click OK
9. USB debugging is now enabled
10. Open the Downloader App and type troypoint.com/wolf to install Wolf Launcher
11. You can now install the Launcher Manager by entering troypoint.com/launchatv into Downloader
12. Open the Launcher Manager and click Enable Custom Launcher
13. Click to Always allow from this computer and choose Allow
14. You will now see Current Launcher: Wolf Launcher
15. Click the home button to see your new interface. Enjoy!
How to Uninstall Wolf Launcher
To remove the Wolf Launcher on any device, we can simply disable the custom launcher within the Launcher Manager App.
1. Open the Launcher Manager App and choose Disable Custom Launcher
Your device home-screen will now return to its original interface.
You can delete the Wolf Launcher application to save space on your device.
Wolf Launcher Features & Details
After installing the Wolf Launcher on your device you will notice the endless customization options this launcher offers.
Some of the notable features include adding wallpaper, app display, sections, status bar, and much more.
TROYPOINT has created an in-depth video that will show you how to customize Wolf Launcher to your liking and everything you need to know to use this app.
Adding your own wallpaper is one of the best features of using custom launchers. Follow the guide below for adding wallpaper within the Wolf Launcher.
1. Launch the Downloader app and click Browser.
2. Enter the following URL – wallpapercave.com and click Go.
- We found wallpapercave.com to work well for downloading wallpaper images, but you can use other sites if you prefer.
NOTE: As shown in the video above you can also type in “troypoint.com/bg” which will provide more wallpaper options.
3. Once on the website scroll down and choose any background image you prefer.
4. Click Download Wallpaper.
5. After the image installs click Done.
- Note: Make sure the image file ends with .jpg or .png.
6. Return back to the home screen and click the Options button (3 horizontal lines) on your remote. Then choose Launcher Settings.
7. Click Wallpaper.
8. Click Application Wallpaper to check the box.
9. Then choose Select Wallpaper.
10. Click Internal Storage.
11. Locate and select the Downloader folder.
12. You should notice any images you downloaded in this folder. Click the image you want to use as wallpaper.
13. That’s it! Return back to the home screen of the Wolf Launcher and your selected wallpaper should appear in the background.
Another excellent feature within the Wolf Launcher is the ability to customize apps and their display.
In this instance, we are customizing the TROYPOINT App and messing around with colors, titles, and other features.
To customize an application, hover over your preferred app and click the Options button on your remote. Then choose Configure.
The first thing we noticed was the option to change an app’s display mode to app banner, vertical, and horizontal.
Within the “Update Icon” menu, you have the options of showing an icon, changing its display size, and more.
You can also customize an app’s background color within the “Update Background” menu.
Overall, the Wolf Launcher is one of the best custom launchers we have tested on the Firestick/Fire TV!
The customization options, smooth navigation, wallpaper, no sponsored content, and ease of use make this launcher great.
This launcher is also highlighted in our guide on How to Fix Grey App Icons on Firestick/Fire TV.
For more popular Firestick/Fire TV tutorials, we suggest viewing the guides below.
- How to Install Sideload Launcher APK
- How to Update Firestick to Latest Software
- Firestick Setup Guide (2021)
- Best Firestick Apps
If you are not a fan of the default Fire TV interface, try installing the Wolf Launcher on your Firestick/Fire TV today!
Special thanks goes out to Sween Wolf, the developer of these helpful applications.
Wolf Launcher FAQ
What is the Wolf Launcher?
The Wolf Launcher is a custom launcher that will change the default interface of your streaming device.
What devices can Wolf Launcher be installed on?
The Wolf Launcher can be installed on the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, Chromecast with Google TV, NVIDIA Shield, and any device that runs Android OS.
Is installing a custom launcher safe?
Yes. Installing a custom launcher is safe and will not harm your device.
Is installing a custom launcher legal?
Yes. Installing a custom launcher is 100% legal. However a VPN is recommended since customer launchers are created by 3rd party developers.