This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!
The following guide will provide you with instructions on how to install the Smaug Kodi add-on for Firestick, Fire TV, and Android TV Boxes.
Smaug is a video add-on within the Nitronix Repository, which also contains other popular add-ons. This add-on is currently serving up some quality links, and works especially well when integrated with Real-Debrid.
For these reasons and more, we have included Smaug in the TROYPOINT’s Best Kodi Add-ons List.
Important Note: After testing, we recommend installing another video add-on within the Nitronix Repository such as Borg prior to installing Smaug to help prevent any dependency errors that may occur.
For best results, TROYPOINT recommends integrating a real-debrid account when streaming Movies or TV Shows from Smaug. This will provide you with tons of high quality links for buffer-free streaming.
We will provide you with instructions on how to integrate Real-Debrid within this add-on after the installation tutorial.
NOTE: After testing we found that Smaug does include torrent links when real-debrid is integrated. If you decide to use this option, a VPN is needed to ensure your privacy.
Use the following guide to install the Smaug Kodi Addon to your Kodi device.TROYPOINT Tip: You should always use a VPN to protect your identity and security when streaming free movies and TV shows with third party Kodi addons/builds such as this.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: This technology shall only be used to stream movies or TV shows that fall under the public domain. TROYPOINT does not endorse or promote illegal activity tied to streaming or downloading copyrighted works. The end-user shall be solely responsible for media accessed through any service or app referenced on this Website. Referenced applications/addons are not hosted by TROYPOINT and this guide is for educational purposes only.
Smaug Kodi Add-On Installation Guide
- Launch Kodi
- Click the settings icon
- Click System
- Hover over Add-ons menu item and turn on Unknown sources if not already on
- Click Yes
- Click back on remote to go back to the System page
- Select File Manager
- Click Add source
- Click <None>
- Type the following URL exactly how it is listed here – http://nitronwizard.co.uk/repository
- Highlight the box under the source that you just typed in and enter a name for this media source
- Type “nitron” or any other name you would like to identify this source as and click OK
- Click the back button on your remote until you are on the System screen. Then click Add-ons
- Click Install from zip file
- Select “nitron” or whatever you named the media source in the previous step
- Click the zip file URL – repository.NitronRepo.zip
- Wait for the “Nitron Repo Add-on installed” message to appear
- Next click Install from repository
- Click Nitron Repo
- Scroll down and select Video add-ons
- Choose Smaug
- Click Install
- When prompted with “The following additional add-ons will be installed” message click OK
- Wait a minute or two for the Smaug Kodi add-on to install
- Once the Smaug Video add-on has been installed go back to the Home screen of Kodi. Click Add-ons
- Select Video add-ons
- Click Smaug
- That’s it! The Smaug Kodi add-on is now successfully installed.
How to Integrate Real-Debrid
1. First you must register for a Real-Debrid account if you don’t have one already.
2. Launch the Smaug Kodi Addon
3. Scroll down and select Tools
4. Then select ResolveURL Settings
5. Within the Universal Resolvers menu on the left, scroll down and select (Re)Authorize My Account under Real-Debrid
6. This screen will appear. Write down the code provided.
7. Open an Internet browser on another device and go to https://real-debrid.com/device.
8. Enter in the provided code from Step 6 and click Continue.
9. Your Real-Debrid application is now approved!
10. Return back to Smaug and select Search.
11. Select whichever option you prefer. For this example we chose Movies.
12. Select New search
13. Enter in the Movie or TV Show you desire. For this example we used Night of The Living Dead, which is one of TROYPOINT’s Best Public Domain Movies.
14. You will notice the Real-Debrid links now appearing with “RD” in the link name.
15. That’s it! You are now able to watch Movies and TV Shows using Real-Debrid within the Smaug Kodi Add-on.
Smaug Kodi Addon Features & Description
The Smaug Kodi add-on has a great user interface that allows for easy navigation, while also containing a huge library of Movies and TV Shows to choose from.
The Categories within Smaug include: Smaug’s Monthly Selection, Movies, TV Shows, Documentaries, Kids Area, My Movies, My TV Shows, New Movies, New Episodes, Search, and Tools.
As mentioned previously, Real-Debrid integration is available within this add-on, which will greatly improve your streaming experience.
For other great Kodi add-ons and streaming apps that work the best with Real-Debrid, be sure to check out our guide below.
After testing on the Amazon FireStick 4K, Smaug is a great Kodi add-on that should also work very well on other popular streaming devices.
Give the Smaug Kodi add-on a try today!
Warning! Protect Yourself With A VPNMost cord-cutters use a VPN and rightfully so.
The free streaming applications, addons, and paid IPTV services that you use are usually hosted on insecure servers.
Without a VPN, your IP Address is being logged.
Your IP Address points back to your location and identity which compromises both your privacy and security.
Your current identifying IP Address is 22.214.171.124 – When you use a VPN, your real IP address will be converted into an anonymous new one.
A VPN will provide you with an anonymous connection to the Internet.
This will prevent your Internet Service Provider, app/addon developers, government agencies, and any 3rd party from logging what you’re accessing online.
The most popular VPN among cord-cutters is IPVanish due to their blazing fast speeds and zero log policy.
Its important to use a VPN that is fast since we are streaming large HD files. Its also crucial to find one that keeps no logs of what their subscribers access while online.
Setting up IPVanish VPN on your streaming device is simple!
Step 1 Register for an IPVanish VPN account by clicking the link below.
This exclusive link provides you with a hefty discount, only available to TROYPOINT visitors like you.
Register for IPVanish Account & Save 76%
Step 2 – Hover over the search icon on your Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube and type in “Ipvanish”
You may also find the IPVanish App in the Google Play Store for those of you who are using Android TV Boxes, phones, and tablets.
Step 3 – Click the IPVanish VPN option that appears.
Step 4 – Click the IPVanish icon under Apps & Games.
Step 5 – Click Download.
Step 6 – Click Open.
Step 7 – Enter your username and password to login. Your username is the email that you used to register for IPVanish service with and your password is automatically generated and emailed to you.
Step 8 – Click Connect button.
Step 9 – Click OK for Connection request if it appears.
Step 10 – You will notice that your IP Address changes along with location of connection. You are now operating anonymously through your device.
Click the Home Button on your remote and the VPN will remain running in the background.
Congratulations! You are now protected by a VPN which means everything that you stream or access through your Firestick or Android TV Box is hidden from the rest of the world.
If you ever need to stop the VPN service, simply re-launch the application and click the DISCONNECT button.