This step-by-step guide will show you how to install Sideload Launcher APK on Firestick/Fire TV and Android devices.
Sideload Launcher APK is a basic launcher that displays your side-loaded apps in a simple layout that allows for better display and more customization options.
Using the Sideload Launcher is one of the best solutions for fixing missing app icons on your device.
While Sideload Launcher APK doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of a custom launcher, this simple tool works great for the customization of your applications.
If you are looking for the best custom launchers to completely change the user interface on your device, see our popular tutorials below.
This launcher works great on the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, and more.
The Amazon Firestick is the most popular streaming device available today because of its low price point and the ability to “jailbreak” it.
“Jailbreaking” your Firestick/Fire TV will allow for the installation of 3rd party software like custom launchers and make your customization options endless!
This launcher also works on Android devices like the NVIDIA Shield, MECOOL Box, Chromecast, and other Android TV devices. This app can be found within the Google Play Store.
The instructions below show how to install Sideload Launcher APK on a Firestick Lite.
TROYPOINT TIP: For the quickest installation of the Sideload Launcher, we suggest getting our FREE Rapid App Installer.
This free tool used by millions of techies will allow you to install the most popular apps and tools in minutes!
Sideload Launcher APK Install Video Tutorial
The steps below show how to install and set up the Sideload Launcher APK using a Fire TV Stick Lite.
However, this same process should work on all Fire TV devices running Fire OS 6 or above. This includes the Firestick 4K, 2nd Gen Fire TV Cube, 3rd Gen Fire TV Stick, and the Fire TV Stick Lite.
1. Install the Downloader app from your respective App Store (Amazon App Store or Google Play) and turn on Apps from Unknown Sources in the settings of your streaming device.
If you haven’t done this yet please refer to the following screenshot tutorial that demonstrates this simple process.
2. Launch Downloader.
3. Click Allow.
4. Click OK.
5. Select the search box to enter a URL.
6. Type the following URL exactly as it is listed here – troypoint.com/sll and click GoNote: The referenced link is the official URL of this app/addon. TROYPOINT does not own or operate any streaming website, service, app, or addon, and has no affiliation with any developers.
7. Wait a few seconds for the app to download.
8. Click Install.
9. Click Open or Done.
10. Locate the Sideload Launcher APK within your list of apps and click the options button on your remote (3 horizontal lines)
11. Select Move.
12. Place the Sideload Launcher within the top list of your Apps & Channels.
13. Return back to the home screen and select the Sideload Launcher from your list of apps.
14. That’s it! You have successfully installed Sideload Launcher APK on your streaming device.
Sideload Launcher APK Features & Details
As mentioned previously, Sideload Launcher APK is a great tool for fixing the missing app icons on any Firestick/Fire TV.
This launcher is easy to install on any Android-powered device and currently works great!
For more popular Firestick/Fire TV tutorials, we suggest viewing the guides below.
- How to Update Firestick to Latest Software
- How to Block Ads on Firestick/Fire TV
- How to Stop Buffering on Firestick
- Best Firestick Apps
If you are having issues with missing app icons, try installing the Sideload Launcher on your Firestick/Fire TV today!
Sideload Launcher FAQ
What is the Sideload Launcher?
Sideload Launcher APK is a launcher that will display 3rd party app icons on the Firestick/Fire TV.
What devices can Sideload Launcher be installed on?
Sideload Launcher APK can be installed on the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, Chromecast with Google TV, NVIDIA Shield, and any device that runs Android OS.
Is installing a custom launcher safe?
Yes. Installing a custom launcher is safe and will not harm your device.
Is installing a custom launcher legal?
Yes. Installing a custom launcher is 100% legal. However a VPN is recommended since customer launchers are created by 3rd party developers.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!