This tutorial will provide you with the easiest and best method to fix the Pair Error in Kodi. Many Kodi users experience this error when when trying to play a stream from certain Kodi add-ons. By using the following instructions, you will no longer encounter this message and can browse Kodi worry-free!
Some of the most popular errors users experience are: olpair, tvad.me/pair, thevideo.me/pair, vidup.me/pair, vshare, or other Openload pair message.
The pair error in Kodi occurs when a stream you are trying to play must be authorized for viewing. While there are a few fixes to this issue, I have found the first method described below works the best. In the following guide, I will be using Placenta as an example. However, these steps should also work for nearly all add-ons associated with Kodi.
Fix Pair Error in Kodi Guide
If you are a frequent Kodi user, you have probably seen this message a time or two when attempting to watch a Movie or TV Show.
After following the instructional guide below, this message will no longer appear when trying to stream content.
1. Launch Kodi and open your preferred Add-On (I have chosen Placenta as my example)
2. Scroll down and Click the Tools Option (Some of you may see Settings if you are using a different add-on)
3. Click SETTINGS: Playback
4. Scroll down to hover over Hosters with captchas
5. Click to flip the Toggle Switch to Off
6. Click OK
That’s it! By doing this, all streams that require authorization are removed meaning the tvad.me/pair error or other pair message will no longer occur. The only issue some people have with using this method is that certain streams are now eliminated from their viewing options.
However, there is still a way to get these streams and authorize your Kodi device to view them. To do this, use the 2nd method for fixing the pair error in Kodi described below:
Method 2: Pair Error in Kodi Fix
REMINDER: Using the following method means verifying your device’s IP address to authorize the content for viewing. This means it is extremely important to use a VPN on your Kodi device.
Right now you can receive 20% off any IPVanish VPN plan using the code: SAVE20NOW. CLICK HERE to receive your discount. Don’t wait!
1. When authorization is required, you will see the following message or one very similar
2. To authorize, we must visit the link provided in the message. There are numerous links that may prompt when trying to view a stream. It is important to type in the proper link to gain access to your content.
3. On any browser, go to the link shown in the message. In this instance, the required link is https://olpair.com/
4. Click I’m not a robot
5. This will prompt reCaptcha verification. Go through steps and click Verify
6. Once completed, scroll down and click Pair
7. A message will prompt stating the Pairing has been successful
While using this method is a great way to see all possible streams within Kodi, it does come with some risk. Revealing your IP Address to anyone can be dangerous. That is why using a VPN when fixing the olpair error in Kodi is extremely important.
If you are unwilling to provide your VPN, TROYPOINT recommends using the first method described in this tutorial to solve any Kodi pairing issues.