This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!
Over the past couple weeks, I have been scouring the Internet for the best Android TV Box. Over and over again, I keep coming across the same box that everyone is raving about and that is the Matricom G-Box Q² Android TV Box. This review will hopefully help you understand if this Android box is right for you.
As with most Android TV Boxes, the Matricom G-Box Q2 is a small lightweight unit and at first looks, you would think this is just another run-of-the-mill Android TV Box…but it isn’t. This small box packs some serious power with an Amlogic s812 Quad Core at 2HGz processor and a Mali-450 Octo Core 3D GPU. The unit also goes above the typical storage that we normally see on these devices and includes 16GB Flash Storage.
One of the other problems with many of the other Android TV Boxes is the lack of Bluetooth support. The Matricom G-Box Q2 Android TV Box comes with Bluetooth support which is great for our mini keyboards, gamepads, and Bluetooth remotes.
Another big selling point for me on this one is that I like the app launcher that it comes with. The new HUD Launcher UI is great and other Android TV Box manufacturers should take note that this one works very well. With most Android TV Boxes, I install an alternative Android Launcher but the new HUD Launcher is really good and allows us to edit the various app shortcuts that we see on the home screen.
For those of you who like to game, the Octocore GPU is designed for 3D gaming performance which you won’t find with many other Android TV Boxes.
As with most other Android TV Boxes, you will still need a wireless keyboard or mouse to get things setup. I like the Rii I8 Mini 2.4Ghz Wireless Touchpad Keyboard With Mouse as it is inexpensive and holds a charge for over 70 hours!
What I like about the G-Box Q2 Android TV Box
- Lots of power due to the Amlogic s812 Quad Quad Core Processor and Mali-450 Octo Core 3D GPU
- Nice navigation and app launcher with the new HUD Launcher UI
- Ability to play 4K videos very smoothly without buffering
- Perfect device for those of us who use Kodi for main application
- Bluetooth support is great for gampads and remotes
- Works great with Rii I8 Mini 2.4Ghz Wireless Touchpad Keyboard With Mouse
- Excellent price at only $99
What I don’t like about the G-Box Q2 Android TV Box
- Cheap remote but not a deal breaker due to the fact that the device supports Bluetooth. Also, you should always utilize a wireless mini keyboard with Android TV Boxes, especially during setup, such as the Rii I8 Mini 2.4Ghz Wireless Touchpad Keyboard With Mouse
Would I use the G-Box Q2 Android TV Box As A Primary Streaming Device Within My Home?
This is a powerful device for under $100. Yes, I would use this as a primary streaming device since it covers all of my needs such as Bluetooth support, great Kodi streaming experience, and 16GB of storage which we don’t see very often with these types of devices. Another feature that sets the Matricom G-Box Q2 Android TV Box apart from its competition is its new user interface/HUD Launcher.
Definitely a recommended TROYPOINT Android TV Box!
What’s In The Box?
- Matricom G-Box Q2 Android TV Box
- IR Remote
- Power Cord
- HDMI Cable
- Quick Start Guide
*2 AAA Batteries are not included for the remote
Matricom G-Box Q2 Android TV Box Specs
- Matricom G-Box Q² Android TV Box Specs
- Amlogic s812 Quad Core @ 2GHz
- Mali-450 Octo Core 3D GPU
- 2GB DDR3
- 16GB Flash Storage
- Android Lollipop 5.x, Full Version
- Two (2) USB 2.0
- 10/100 Full Duplex
- Broadcom 5G 802.11 Dual Band
- V.4.0 Low Power, Full Speed
- Lenght: 12.5cm, Width: 12.5cm, Height: 2.5cm
Let us know in the comments section what device you are currently using and what you like or dislike about it.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]