Kodi 17.1 is now available as a stable version and you can download it on the official Kodi Website. There were quite a few changes and fixes within this new release and will hopefully help some of you who have been having problems with the new release of Krypton.
Kodi makes it clear on their Website that there may be additional bugs and improvements needed with 17.1 Krypton but they are low on resources and may not get to all of them.
Below you will find the Kodi 17.1 Changes & Fixes.
Kodi 17.1 Changes & Fixes
- Update Estuary and Estouchy with bug-fixes and improvements
- Fixed EDL skipping
- Fixed slow song smart playlist
- Provided several PVR fixes
- Updated Chorus web interface
- Fixed addons not being marked as broken when they are updated with a broken flag
- Added limiter on random songs which should prevent large memory usage on big libraries
- Improved keyboard mapping during button mapping
- Improved analog stick handling
- Improved plugin performance when building the content list
- Included RTMP input stream add-on for Windows
- Fix so Kodi won’t close subtitle stream when switching audio
- Fixed replaygain for music files
- Fixed controllers buttons on Android
- Fixed music cleanup hanging on large MySQL music database
- Fixed use of SMB on Android on new installs
- Fixed possible Kodi upgrade migration hang during add-on update process
- Add check in Windows installer for Service Packs and updates that Kodi needs to operate
- Don’t try to read tags from internet audio streams
- Add setting to disable controller rumble on notifications
Many of you are using either a Fire TV device or Android TV Box and you may update to Kodi 17.1 Krypton by using my free video tutorial by using the link below.
Important! Internet Service Providers are starting to crack down on those who are using Kodi to stream movies, tv shows, etc. Be sure to install a VPN on your Kodi device so you can stream anonymously. Use the link below to get your free guide on how to install a VPN on your Kodi box.